What shitty book do you secretly love Veeky Forums?

What shitty book do you secretly love Veeky Forums?

I like to reread treasure island every once in a while and get the whole pirate feeling going again.

I really enjoyed the City of Ember as a kid. I still find myself thinking about it sometimes.

My diary desu

Eragon etc

The first three books of the Dark Tower series

The Remains of the Day. It never fails to make me cry.

Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles.

The Hunger Games are the last series I've read that made me stay up until 2 AM

Any of David Eddings' fantasy series.

I love Cornwell's Last Kingdom series

Me too, but it's kind of shitty and formulaic. Every book follows the same pattern and it has been dragging for too long.

Warlord Chronicles is his magnum opus, imo.

i enjoyed the asoiaf books

No doubt, and he's still writing too. The first 3 were great, but still had shortfalls imo. I enjoyed that he put an effort into involving real history, but fell off after the sixth book.
I'll be sure to try the Warlord Chronicles, thanks

Not sure if it could be considered shitty because it is children's literature but I have always loved Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh

Infinite Jest.

kek

Hey! That's not an sb!

The Catcher in the Rye

>treasure island
>shitty book

thems fightin words, kid

Ulysses tbqh

Same.

I cannot say how many times I've reread the Belgariad and the Mallorean, but it's been often enough that I've lost count.

The sequels were so shit it's unreal
>durr, I made a popular sci fi book, let me follow it up with a book where farmers get mad at each other but then not for no reason the end.
>hurr, now I'll write something that is hardly even tangentally related about nuclear war and pretend to be deep.
>then they contacted aliens in the forth book

The Bible.

By Veeky Forums's standards, it would be Blood Meridian I guess. Fortunately in the real world it is considered a good book so I can actually talk about it without hearing a chorus of autistic screeching

"A chorus of autistic screeching"
I had myself a jolly chuckle at that.

infinite jest

Emotionally Weird by Kate Atkinson
in fact, I'll say it's my favorite book anywhere but Veeky Forums, really. I first read it when I was 14 or so, and I've read it 3 or 4 times since.

It got mixed reviews, but it's just- I love it. It's a bunch of strange things cobbled together. It's very surreal at times but very funny and strangely charming.