Take Calc 2 test

>Take Calc 2 test
>Solve an integral where the variable is Theta
>Accidentally replace the Thetas with Xs in my equations
>Get the correct answer
>Get marked down

Generally, that is T.A.s fault because they are mad fpr having to grade so much shit. If your professor is cool and has thw right attitude he will probably change your grade. If he's even more autistic don't go as he will make a rant about how notation is upmost important. That or you are in H.S. and you are fucked.

The difference in notation literally does not matter in this case, it's a dummy variable.

Was your notation at least consistent throughout your solution? If so, there is very little justification for marking you down. However, variables like theta and phi are standards for angles whereas "x" is not, but I'd say this distinction is down to personal preference.

>function is f(x)
>arbitrarily change it to g(t)
>get marked down
???

>function is in theta
>arbitrarily change it to x
>get marked down

Fucking brainlets.

>> Working at NASA to build rocket
>> Doing math to make sure everything works out
>> Poor notation, arbitrarily changing veriables.
>> Rocket blows the fuck up on launchpad killing full crew
>> Reviews work and OP get's sentenced to death by lethal injection due to extreme negligance costing the lives of men and women exponentially smarter and more valuable to society than OP

You did the work wrong, this isn't fucking highschool, you don't like a bad exam grade?
You sure as fuck aren't going to like getting fired if not criminally prosecuted for negligence resulting in the deaths of others.

How about you learn how to treat your work like it's important.

>arbitrarily changes variable
>gets butthurt when deducted marks

This isn't highschool user

* Cringes at your post *

Inconsistent and/or confusing notation is definitely something worth marking down for.

I probably wouldn't have docked any points, but if I did it would only be something small like 1%, just so that you got the message.

Did you put down a key denoting your arbitrary change? If so fuck them. Otherwise fuck you.

If you just evaluated the integral or took the derivative without defining it first, youre lucky you weren't marked for not doing it. So take it on the chin.

I get so sick of seeing math and physics computation without any justification at all. Use words and sentences always.

cringe but true

>making mathematical statements in text form for a fucking calc 2 class
>for a fucking plug-and-chug definite integral computation
Not only that, but the level at which calc 2 is taught is pitifully nonrigorous, I highly doubt the students would even know what is meant if they had put down something like "using the fundamental theorem of calculus"

>Post exact same thread I posted a couple months ago
>Hope nobody notices
>There's that one autist who notices
>Kill myself

I feel so fucking shitty Veeky Forums, i hate multiple choice on my exams and quizzes so fucking much, i'm failing ODE's & LA because i always screw up a negative here or forget to do something so fucking basic, but on the 1 free response question i always get credit for it.

I'm thinking of dropping the course and retaking it with a professor that allows free response answers instead of multiple choice answers, anyone's opinion?

>Calc 101
>Take derivative of a function
>Decide not to give it back
devilish

In a field as rigorous as aerospace and a government agency as rigorous as NASA, information is so thoroughly documented and revised a miswritten variable is corrected almost immediately.

Is it a mistake? Yes. Should he have been marked down? An argument could be made for both sides. Would it cause gross negligence and the death of innocent people? Fuck no. Of course not. Most directors at NASA, I'd say all but I've yet to meet them all, are far smarter than anyone here, and would catch a menial mistake if any other engineers didn't before it does fuck all anyway.

Fuck off

Yeah your girlfriend fucks me off

I don't believe you.
Nobody would mark you down for that cause it's not wrong.
You probably fucked up somewhere else.

Fuck off.

mastering mathematics is worst tho

IP: 43.119.06.96
Address: 19903 Elkwood Avenue, New Providence, New Jersey
Phone: (908) 883-0159

>Writing fake dox to scare OP
>Feel like a badass late at night
kys

>Use words and sentences always.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It was a joke mate, couldn't you tell from my first response?
I'll fuck off if you want me to that bad, Christ. All I did was point out your exaggeration was fucking awful.

I don't even know who you are or what exaggeration you're talking about, I'm not OP or the guy you're talking to kys

why are we so angry in this thread :(

jump off a bridge you autistic fuck

NO FUCKING WAY !!!
ERMAGERD !!!

I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RN !!!

PLS DONT CALL DAD PLS PLS PLS

Tell your professor "Danke" and that you will remember to do that when you are modeling, in catia, the gas chamber that will be the end of him and his colleges.