If there are an infinite number of universes does that mean that anything I can imagine has or will happen in at least...

If there are an infinite number of universes does that mean that anything I can imagine has or will happen in at least one universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QT7BtzicV0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before anyone posts the "some infinities are bigger than others" argument, I'd like to point out that any example of an infinite set of universes which excludes a particular universe can not be possible.

Seriously try describing a way to enumerate an infinite number of universes that exclude a given universe, where, for example, you are me and I am you.

Irrelevant.

No.

You're THAT much of a loser.

This

Never understood this cope

I'm still fucking stuck in this shitty reality

Your waifu isn't real user.

>any example of an infinite set of universes which excludes a particular universe can not be possible.
The set of all universes where Donald Trump wins the 2016 election is infinite and doesn't contain any universes where Donald Trump doesn't win the 2016 election.

>where you are me and I am you.
That doesn't even make sense.

This reality is pretty great, user. You get to shitpost with fellow humans on Australo-Mongolian basket weaving forum

I'm a brainlet so I could be wrong or misunderstanding things but I don't believe string theory necessitates an infinite number of universes
And even if there were infinite the un fathomable majority of them would not have any order at all
To go even further I believe it suggests a "countably infinite" number of universes which means an infinite number of universes bound by some constraints. Not an infinite number of infinitely unique universes

You can throw a dice an infinity number of times and it still won't come up with 7.
IF there's truly an infinity of universes, they are all contained within a small oscillation of viable conditions, and absolute collapse

There isn't a universe where someone lives long enough to throw a dice an infinite number of times.

You fuckers need to read Leibniz
Your multiverse doesn't real

No, it means that anything you can imagine has, will and are happening in an infinite amount of universes

Anything you can imagine is happaning infinate times at this exact moment

Is that theory even close to be verified ?

Sure why not.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Probably the same amount as the number of times everything you've imagined and constructed will not come to fruition.

This
If you have infinite integers you will have an infinite amount of numbers but you will never see fractions or irrational numbers

Bet your mom will still be sucking a black dick for every one of them tho

Right now in the realm of possibilities and occurrences you're fucking your dad somewhere in bizarro Mexico with Cormac McCarthy in motel room next door listening through the paper-thin walls and silently masturbating as he cries to himself.

It already happened

Only if all the universes are the same universe wherein you can imagine what you imagine. The problem here is that you assume your imagination, my imagination, anybody's imagination is far more free to imagine than it actually is. Infinity, so attractive to contemplate, is actually a mental wall: we believe we know what it means (because we can say it) but we cannot actually imagine it.

What's interesting about this problem is that it forces mathematics into a confrontation with science: this proposition (as stated) is bogus because it cannot be- ta da!- falsified.

No, there could also be an infinite number of universes and they all look exactly the same.

dat pic. makes me sad i dont know why

It's the kind of pic that reminds you that you have work tomorrow

>Seriously try describing a way to enumerate an infinite number of universes that exclude a given universe

Simple, if they are all bound by physical principles which exclude a certain possibilities from ever emerging.
Hell they could be identical and thus exclude all universes but our own

>verified
Kek, how could it ever?

That's THIS universe for me, bucko! I just heard the sound of a chair squeak. He's stopped crying now. But dad hasn't!

There is only one Universe. Multiverse theory was made popular by the cbs show "the big bang theory" and is for dummies who can't into Determinism

That's true EXCEPT the term 'universe' ceases to mean anything-- so?

Elaborate

a universe with one atom, two atoms, three atoms, etc.

now, whether or not it actually makes sense to describe a universe this way is up for debate, but clearly there would only be one universe with the same number of atoms.

youtube.com/watch?v=QT7BtzicV0w

>multiverse theory was made popular by the cbs show "the big bang theory"

my sides