Going to health rehab tomorrow for 1 year

>going to health rehab tomorrow for 1 year
>No internet, no video games, no drugs
>Going to a farmomg rehab where I have to get up at 5 AM to do farm chores with other recovering patients
>Only allowed to bring books and some empty notebooks

Any literature for this feel? Like crossing an important threshold in one's life?

What should I read in the one year I will be effectively away from society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zkW-64uzEGw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How badly did you screw up for it to come to this?

get some philosophy books. and definitely take the notebooks. seems like a great opportunity to write a diary.
i'm jealouse af. how can you afford thus?

SICP
Starting Strength

Read Nietzsche and Heidegger.

is it weird that I envy you?

who's that qt?

Farm owner is dad's old friend
Apparently it's very cheap since I'll be working like a farm boy for a year

Quit my career, shitposting every day, drugs every day, ignored friends, family and gf for half a year, cut into my savings by 50%, sleepless and suffering from information overload

It's not really that bad. My grandma placed my inheritance on the line , if I don't go she won't leave me 500K so there's that incentive.

I'm not into philosophy. Maybe read a few Buddhist suttras but nothing philosophically rigorous or enough to get me started on anything.

I'm not fat plus I will be doing farm work so im not really worried
>SICP
Read that. I have no computer access for a year.

Which ones? I need to get my shit straight.

I also envy OP

Not really. I guess its sort of a mini paid vacation if you look at it. It's cheap to go here, since you're working from 5AM to 3PM.

I'm just worried that I'm going from 100% information consumption and artificially dopamine levels to having no internet, no video games, drugs, and my usual methods of keeping myself busy.

>paying to be enslaved
lmao

The Magic Mountain is all you need.

Qt patootie with a real nice booty

The Basic Works of Nietzsche and The Portable Nietzsche collect several of his works at a good value, get those plus The Gay Science and The Will to Power and you'll have a good selection.

Being and Time is Heidegger's main work, it's quite impenetrable stuff so it will occupy you for a while.

TaylorDarling

If you're short on space, bring collected Shakespeare, Plato and unironically, the Bible.

That's some of the greatest re-read value there is.

Is she looking for a husband?
post booty

You body is amazing at adapting. I gobbled opiates and snorted coke pretty much every day for two years, took me a month to feel normal sober.

Her ASMR videos are amazing

youtu.be/zkW-64uzEGw

Damn opiates everyday is pretty intense.. I just used weed and DXM and sometimes coke

you are ill

gay

lovely

A scanner darkly

UNIRONICALLY THE GREEKS

I've seen them movie it was meh

Cicero, Seneca, Aurelius, Epictetus and Evola.

how does one go about doing this sort of thing?

I think i'd benefit from something like this

Seems overwhelming, where do I even begin?

>give the option to criminals to replace every jail sentence by "rehabilitation" on a Farm
>profit
Its legal because its not mandatory.

Meditations by Aurelius
Discourses by Epictetus
Revolt Against the Modern Wiped by Evola.

Really this should give you plenty to think about over the summer as your do manual labor. It mostly consist of the two Romans telling you to suck it up while the Italian tells you that the world is fucked and we should aspire to be like our primordial ancestors.

You can do it for free if you go to a Buddhist temple and talk to the head abbot. They usually are nice enough to let you stay for labour and perhaps training with them.

Sounds nice. Ive noted them, and will purchase. Thanks for the thought and recommendation.

Infinite Jest

yeah

>, if I don't go she won't leave me 500K so

this is what happens if you never have to overcome adversity in your life ladies and gentlemen. you get a dumb faggot like this who can't will himself to stop posting on Veeky Forums and to do anything of substance, probably in his 20s. your life is already fucked bro, unfortunate. no matter how much you "recover" you've already lost the years that truly define you, and its unlikely that you will end up producing anything of value. gg

Srsly.

Dude, just keep drugging and jacking off and whatever useless shit you do. The money isn't going to make any difference with your worthless ass.

500K is nice but I was pretty okaybefore I quit my life. But yeah, it's not groundbreaking excellence, but financially I habe no problems.

Had a 100k a year job plus commissions. Its like choosing 500K about 4 years of work, for a year of self improvement. Who would say no to that?

Are you saying a year away from degeneracy and mental overload will not change a man?

I bet if all numale went through this, they would instantly man the fuck up.

A year without modern luxuries... All of that cycles of addiction gone. There has to be some benefit to it.

I second that. OP you are actually a faggot, no memes intended.

cool, you missed the entire point of the post! try paying extra attention to the words next time and use context clues to attempt to glean the meaning.

>Had a 100k a year job plus commissions

and despite that nice comfy living, you still can't problem solve or think independently for shit. you've gotten this far in your life being a robot. Sad!

lol go fuck yourself my dude.

Tolstoy and Dostoevsky are the only answers

you will understand

Someone already recommended Mann's "Magic mountain" - definitely go for that, if you have to make a choice. Google a description/synopsis if you're not convinced.

Get something from Nietzsche, maybe Beyond Good and Evil as well as Zarathustra.

Get Dostoyevski's Brothers Karamazov.

Those aside, get something comfy like Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun (I suggest all 5 books, instead of the 4 original ones).

How can you be this retarded? You can literally just get a job on a farm, they can't hire mexicans anymore, what the fuck are you paying to work for these people?

Thanks heartily for the recommendations. I'm trying to see if my local bookstore has these in stock.

Your situation reminds me of it

Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun

idk man don't bet all your money on that going to this farm will fix things up to you.. if you've ever try to quit something before because it was wasting your time or something of the like, you'll probably have noticed that you'll fill your time in with other things that waste your time. the real problem was that you're a time waster. at the core of the problem here is thinking that some certain action is going to fix a problem for you where your real problem lies underneath.. it's kind of like learning a language and then hoping one day you'll be able to speak it, but that day never comes, unless you actually practice speaking it. so don't wait to go to this farm to fix your problems, or they won't be fixed. and until you grasp this paradox and act on it you're going to have a lot of troubles, i think. also don't read marcus aurelius, it's masturbatory high brow self help. marcus aurelius summarized: be reasonable. only read it if you're interested in stoic thought, probably.

It wouldn't feel morally the same as serfdom. Some people just have an inner need to be dominated.

I need to get away from society in a healthy fashion.

I will compare the differences in my mind and body when I do return to society.

The farm/retreat/escape feels like a cheap way of ultimately solving every problem. I think with a year of clarity, reflection and self discipline, it can decrease the disparity between inner and outer selves.

I want to be free from the infinite distractions in my daily life, negative cycles of thought and cycle of constantly relapsing and being reborn anew.

The problem is I know what is right yet I intentionally do what is wrong. Like smoking a cigarette; you know its fucked up but you do it anyway.

It's either that or take up some meditative practice for training the mind essentially.

well good luck bro

Godspeed user

You seem like a fag that got some high paying job from you dad or some shit.

Go to ebay, buy fucking books