I've only found a few things that put some doubt on g and IQ
>animal cognition and the modular mind
>savants
>treshold of creativity
Any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/24896-einstein-amazing-brain-photos.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can you explain your talking points? I'd be interested to hear about it.

AFAIK savants aren't smart per se, they're just good at one thing, which isn't intelligence.

>Can you explain your talking points? I'd be interested to hear about it.
Alright.
It is speculative though. I see IQ being a meme here often but I have yet to see good arguments against it. Maybe it is just a kind of ironic humour but I'm taking it serious.
>AFAIK savants aren't smart per se, they're just good at one thing, which isn't intelligence.
My idea was that because they are good in very specific things it shows that intelligence doesn't have to be general. Though you and I seem to have different ideas of intelligence.
>animal cognition and the modular mind
Same thing as above really. In animals it has been shown that intelligence can be very specific to certain tasks. The textbook on animal cognition when discussing this placed doubts on IQ but I couldn't find any argument against it.
>treshold of creativity
Cognitive scientists think that there's a treshold to creativity (though this isn't resolved yet). The idea is that IQ and creativity both increase up to 120 IQ, any IQ larger as 120 and creativity tends to decline.
I'm not sure if that's a valid point against general intelligence because you can consider creativity as something different as intelligence.

I had this idea that maybe the difference between creativity and intelligence can be explained by network theory i.e. that both have other optimal networks.
Without a clear definition of intelligence I'm using the word intelligence here a bit too loosely perhaps.

Getting paid to do an IQ test can increase your IQ by nearly one SD.

It's a meme because people here think that because IQ correlates to success there is no way you can succeed if you're below an arbitrary number.

I remember that issue of Nat Geo.

IQ is a shit meme I have a 115 iq and I'm getting master's in math

people like to call IQ bullshit because places like this only really talk to smart people, and people assume that it's a rigid upward trend of success.

the number gets foggy the higher up it goes, but anyone who's actually talked to stupid people knows how accurate the number actually is.

Birbs are dumb therefore genetically different creatures can have different intelligences. Most humans are genetically different.

My idea of intelligence, as measured by IQ, is that of learning ability. Higher IQ affects how effectively you can integrate new information and learn new tasks. I have a neat chart somewhere that says how different levels of IQ are limited so for example below ,say, 90, people are incapable of following written instructions and are functionally illiterate; and conversely as IQ goes up you are increasingly able to selfstudy and grasp subjects unaided.

That really made IQ click for me. But I can't find it. Shucks.

Savants can have incredible abilities, but I don't think of it as intelligence anymore than the incredible things my computers can do.

I know animals like chimps and birds are much better at remembering things than humans. Different animals are better at different skills obviously. When you talk about g though, it's a correlation found in humans, that being good at solving one problem will translate into a range of other abilities. This correlation wouldn't necessarily work in animals, or a conversion table would be needed for different abilties.

I haven't heard that creativity peaks at 120. That's interesting and I would like to hear more about it. AFAIK the personality dimension "Openness" has some correlation to both creativity and IQ.
Personally, I think some degree of intelligence is necessary for functional creativity. Without it you'd just be shitting out ideas without ability to validate them, and on average have quite plain ideas.

I don't know anything about network theory, but I'd be interested to hear about the idea of an optimal network.

IQ is a shitty meme. The best way to find out a humans intelligence is by counting the concentration of greymatter in the neocortex and compare it with other humans.

Heeey, I found the chart I was looking for. It remembered it being better than this. Oh well.

source: pajeet university

Scratch that. Maybe it was this one. Fucking memory, how does it work?

Low effort.

Stop using IQ graphs. IQ is a meme designed for brainlets like you. THE ONLY ACCURATE WAY to measure a human's intelligence is the amount of greymatter in the neocortex. I've said this twice, dont make me repeat myself. Check the pic related, there's more online,

>THE ONLY ACCURATE WAY to measure a human's intelligence is the amount of grey matter in the neocortex

Gray matter correlates with fluid Intelligence. (Talent from birth)
White matter correlates with crystalized intelligence. (Study effort & Education)

Smart people have both White & Gray matter in high amounts.

your not good at this are you

Brain shrinks with Dementia (Ageing) however Einstein Brain when he died was unusually healthier and larger.

Statistically people who engage in more Intellectual work such as scientists have less Brain shrinking over time (But they also had larger brains as childs) with lower risk of dementia.

livescience.com/24896-einstein-amazing-brain-photos.html

IQ is a shitty measurement on the higher end because intelligence is too complex of a subject to accurately measure or even begin to measure on that end

and then even on the lower end it requires a certain mindset, I read something about tribal peoples in russia or whatever who were completely retarded according to the test just due to it being so unlike what they were dealing with day-to-day, yet obviously they managed to survive in a way that the genuinely retarded would not have which precludes their idiocy

the quest for IQ is ironically a quest driven by inverse cripple brainlets whose hyper-focused intellect cannot grasp anything that's not measured, logical and systematic

That Wojak can be the Antifa hero in the videogame Wolfenstein.
Max Hass.

Riddle me this IQ fags:

1. Do humans today have the same IQ as they did 10000 years ago?
2. If not, how did human IQ improve over that time?

It's a pretty good indicator of how dumb this thread is, given that nobody bothered to fucking Google it...

It's a functional-ability indicator, meant to evaluate capability for inference and daily problem solving, as well as efficiency (tendency to avoid wasted thought, as in the time factor in testing).

Sure, it's a meme, and most of the tests are shit.

To be clear: it's a subjective measure based on comparing your results against the results of everyone at or near your age. You can't "train" your IQ as such, you can only improve your results with respect to your age group.

Which is to say all this text is wasted, here.

>The IQ is a meme thing
said the brainlet that doesnt understand it

>said the brainlet that doesnt understand it
That's why I ask you people

These are such utter nonsense. Anyone using the IQ's of Newton or some other historical figure seriously are frauds and idiots. IQ test did not exist, you CANNOT gauge an accurate IQ for people in a period when IQ tests didn't exist. Mindless guessing does not exist in science. We have another example for why psychologists are not scientists.
Here's a better graph.

I scored 120 on an IQ test back when I was 8. I passed almost all of the trials intended for 10 year olds.
Is there anything that can be inferred from this?

>below ,say, 90, people are incapable of following written instructions and are functionally illiterate
wrong
that's like 70 and below

at any rate, there's a deep issue with the poltard technique of estimation using "group averages" . do you assign yao ming's son the average height of all chinese, or the average height of the sons of 7'6" basketball players?