How do some students ace tests?

How do they revise? How do they find motivation? Whats their secrets?

Understand the material.

IQ of 141 here. I never studied in college and i got over 100% for entire semesters of some classes if extra credit was offered. Kneel before me pleb.

To add the first answer, they understand them down to the root of the material.
Simple example to this is that you won't be able to succeed in calculus if you are not good with the basic rules of algebra, no matter how high your IQ is.
In sciences, it might be less obvious what you missed but it's likely you missed something that is important to be understood before the current subject.

Just b urself

Alternatively, make sure to use the right learning methods. Pretty much pic related, just going to lectures or revising alone is shit. Study with others, ideally with people a little less bright than you so you can figure stuff out just ahead of them and explain it to them, you will remember much more of the material

>Study with others, ideally with people a little less bright than you

This is a one way transaction, complete waste of time. Better to study with smarter people.

They study
They are talented and study
They cheat

study a fuckload, simplest least chince answer

Combination of understanding and memory

Read the theory and understand it.
After you are finished, read/solve the excercises that the proffesor gave, to understand what he is wants you to know about the subject, so that you can guess what is gonna be on the test.
That's it.
It's really about understanding the theory though. And that's achieved by reading the textbook.

If you study with peopel who are smarter or better prepared they will just rush through question sheets super quickly, and you won’t be able to fully think about it. Studying with people smarter than yourself only pays if you can’t understand the material yourself

By not being a brainlet

Yet you haven't overcome the barriers of your own ego.

It will contain your promise in a box of laziness until you realize you aren't shit compared to Einstein/ Musk/ whoever your hero is. Only then will you actually be smart and have a good work ethic to change the world in any meaningful way.

Study everyday as if you have an exam the next day.

Remind yourself you cannot be a mere mortal. You need to leave humanity.

I got about 1000000% better at math when I started TAing. I was someone who read and practiced before this.

> TAing precalc or calculus helps you understand algebraic geometry

tbqh calc at US universities is plug and chug even if professors try to emphasize that it isn't. Students just don't understand methods at all so they can't even plug and chug properly.

This. I cant say this enough: understand the material and you will pass any test 9/10 the time. Study, and you could ace it 5/10 the time.

What does TAing mean?

>being this new
kys

English isn't my first language. I'm from Switzerland. Is it an American term?

It means teaching assistant.

If you are interested in the subject and enjoy it, it will come naturally.

Lol lying bitch I have 140 and never aced shit

>Swallowing the weakest bait in existence
kys brainlet