Energy shields

Are energy shields even possible? If so, how would it theoretically be possible to generate an energy shield which is able to deflect or absorb kinetic energy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=80__LLZK4zg
youtube.com/watch?v=KooPsEE7E-Q
i.imgur.com/c8t1cbR.gifv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make it out of searing hot plasma so that anything that breaks the threshold is instantly vaporized.

Yes.
Yes.

so how would such a shield work? How are you supossed to contain the shield. Also, would they provide a constant outward force or would they be like a layer?

No. It doesn't work like that at all. Even Boeings plasma shield/force field defence system doesn't do anything but help push back some of the force from a nearby explosion. Even with massive amounts of power it couldn't stop a bullet without destroying what you want to protect. The energy requirements are so massive t hat you are better off just making better physical shielding.

>you are better off just making physical shielding
No shit Sherlock, but thats not what OP asked about.

Are you an idiot? I already said "no" with the very first word, thereby answering the OP.

how does boeing in your example hold the 'shield' together? What I mean is how do they keep the shield 'running' and whats the basic principle of it?

In theory, you could design a stationary shield-like structure consisting of two layers:

1) a high electric field layer that charges any kind of projectile with a specific amount of charge
2) a special magnetic field are that utilises the lorentz force to deflect said projectile

which would result in some form of counter-projectile shield that deflects bullets. Would obviously not work with lasers and you'd need lots of energy for high currents to create several thousand Teslas and MV to induce any kind of charge.

Just ramblings, might actually not work in practice...

It would constantly need to generate an outward force as fast and strong as a bullet in every direction just to get it to stop bullets, let alone heavier projectiles.
Force fields are too unrealistic and childish of a fantasy.

there was this one guy who could have made it
He was Nikola Tesla :)

>no
>Even Boeings plasma shield/force field defence system doesn't do anything but help push back some of the force from a nearby explosion
>push back some of the force from a nearby explosion
>some of the force
>force
You said it’s impossible and then immediately cited a early/shitty version of exactly what OP is asking about. Sorry about your double digit IQ. It must be difficult just to operate your computer.

youtube.com/watch?v=80__LLZK4zg

Dielectric technology will be available once we realize particles are a massive lie to cover up the truth that is counter-space and dielectric inertia. Scalar waves will be able to reproduce every single phenomena know to man

Is this bait?

youtube.com/watch?v=KooPsEE7E-Q

Nope :D

>how would it theoretically be possible to generate an energy shield
Well, that's the 6 billion-dollar question, isn't it? >Thinks we'll get it answered here.

test

No. It's a lie. The spiral is the result of an out-of-control missile fired by the Russians. It's spinning and the exhaust forms the spiral contrail.

This:
Is a bunch of jargon-filled jibber-jabber.

"out of control missile by the russians"

Hi CIA! I better not tell them how valuable bismuth is should I?

It doesn't, that is the point. It is as impossible as an Earth-based space elevator.

You should probably look up that stuff first. You can't make an actual shield like what is in the OP. That's the whole point of the post.

>deflect or absorb kinetic energy
>push back force from a nearby explosion
What the fuck do you think explosive pressure waves are? By definition the plasma shield you listed fits OPs criteria EXACTLY, its just a shitty version of what he is hoping for. Seriously do you tie your own shoes?

Higher frequency resonators that tap into gravitational field.

Lower frequency plasma excitation units to see the field at work.

Laugh as the plebeians try to penetrate you until you run out of energy and die.

Sounds like that would include the air. At least until the barrier ran out of heat

None of that is even remotely like what the OP pic shows.

Dude holy fuck kill yourself already

Particles don't exist you piece of shit shill. Go back to /x/ with the rest of your CIA flat earth posting buddies.

Depends on what you're blocking, if the enemy is throwing plasma at you a strong magnetic force should be able to deflect it. Then again that's mostly me talking out of my ass, but it should work based on my limited grasp of physics.

ayy lmao

thanks for the bump, CIA.

Ken, is that you?

technically, we already have "energy shields" today

we have reactive armor that protects armored vehicles by countering the force of HEAT projectiles, "absorbing" it.

we have anti-aircraft systems capable of shooting down missiles

we have electronic countermeasures that can "deflect" missiles by confusing them

if you had a powerful enough laser, an accurate enough targeting system, and a quick enough tracking computer, you could probably vaporize a speeding bullet before it hit you

but no, shield bubbles like in star wars is not possible

whoever controlls the gravitons, controlls the forceshields

>have 360 degree lidar that detects projectiles incoming
>blows giant puff of air in appropriate direction to counteract bullet at very last second

tada!

Yes, it's me, the ego-maniacal schizophrenic with retarded delusions of grandeur. Behold my spaghetti pictures!

shield bubbles are technically possible
it would just be a plasma barrier, vaporizing any projectile that comes at you
it would take an absolute fuckton of energy, you wouldn't be able to see anything outside of the shield and it would incinerate your ass the moment you turned the thing on, so they aren't for personal use

thin plasma shield barriers on ships for micrometeorites might become a thing in the future, hopefully it does since holes are a pain in the ass to fix in space

>Ether field

i.imgur.com/c8t1cbR.gifv

No, but Ken knows what the fuck he's talking about. I have replicated several of his experiments and just like that, 6 years of public school education went down the drain.

This is why Tesla quit in seclusion.

There is no such thing as a particle :).

Ken you're not fooling anyone. Go back to pretending to be a photographer. Does Mommy know you aren't taking your pills?

You could have a microwave emitters controlled by AI that vaporizes bullets.

Based on our knowledge force fields are impossible

That would still need ridiculous amounts of energy

tesla quit in seclusion because he was mentally unstable and a baby that couldnt handle the criticism

>tesla quit in seclusion because he was mentally unstable and a baby that couldnt handle the criticism.
>(((normal people))) totally call Tesla a baby instead of thanking him for the ability to use shitposting devices

No it was because the FBI stole all his shit and then failed miserably trying to decipher it. They even disclosed the classified papers saying so,lol.

We call this energy shield 'glass'.

>force from a nearby explosion
>force as fast and strong as a bullet

Bullets and explosions dont have 'force', they have energy and momentum (maybe pressure in the case of an explosion).