> studying mechanical engineering+aerospace minor
> almost switched to commuter engineering first semester of college
> junior year of mechanical
> regretting not switching

What do?

Computer *

Fuck

>What do?
Pick your poison. Do not change and regret all your life that you did not make the change and live a forced life as a mechanical engineer even though you hate it. Or change now and regret all your life that you did not finish college in time and took an extra 2 years and live a life where you are always 2 years behind your friends in your career for it.

Sounds bad either way, just bite a bullet.

I've switched majors twice, OP. My advice is not to switch. The grass is always greener on the other side, and at the end you always think "Fuck, I should have endured just a little more.

Some good advice. I do really enjoy mechanical systems (especially the fluid mechanics aspect of it), I’ve just always been fascinated by computers as well. Really should just stick it out and see if my employer does tuition reimbursement for a second degree

Then just take the CS/CE courses.

2 years is nothing, his knowledge will increase either way and if he pushes it a bit it's not much of a disadvantage.

Plus you could go apeshit crazy in robotics or similar shit.

I want you to go outside.
Look at the planes flying in the air.
Then repeat to yourself.
I wouldn't wish CS on my worst enemies.
:D

Finish ME and AES degree. Learn programming in C++ and Python on your own. Take those skills to SpaceX or NASA.

You do not need a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree to get CS/CSE jobs.

The top engineer at my job has a fucking History degree.

lot of embedded systems in those planes + autopilot.

if you switch to CE you could get a dope aerospace software/hardware job

I've actually been interested in Mech E lately even though I'm a second year ECE. I don't want to switch, but I'm considering getting an aerospace/mechanical engineering minor.

Mechanical /aerospace is perfect for anyone who likes studying how fluids flow in a system/computer modeling of aerodynamics. I personally find it fascinating

I’m pretty good with python, but I really want to be an expert in matlab. Almost every job I’ve interviewed at wants to know if I’m fluent in matlab. Any opinion on “my code academy “? Thinking of taking that for a while

Switch. Would you rather live with regret the rest of your life or spend another year doing something you want to do?

>2 years behind your friends in your career for it
Jesus christ user. Life isn't a competition with your friends. Who gives a shit.

Why not switch? What’s 2-3 more years of CE courses versus the rest of your life in a major you dislike?
>muh friends are ahead
Who gives a flying fuck. Imagine a software aerospace job. Switch now or fuck yourself over

2 years behind doing something you like is nothing compared to doing something you hate.

>not doing double major mech, comp + aero minor
What are you? A fag with social life?

>You do not need a Computer Engineering degree to get CSE jobs.
You're so full of shit, most of the time you need a EE or CSE degree.

Why do fags on here think every CS and CompE job is a codemonkey job?

Thinking of doing a double minor and mostly learning code on my own desu

I work in cyber security. Your market must be different.

Know that feeling bro

I considered several times switching to mechanical engineering

t. freshman electrical engineer