>2017
>not majoring in economics
are you guys serious?

It might be too hard to grasp for you, but not everyone lives exclusively for "muh money"

not everyone is a jew

it's the social science with the most math

>majored in math
>cost analyst, predictive analyst for major DOD contractor

I get paid more than econ majors and every econ masters program I've talked to loves math majors

the important econ stuff can be learned in stat or math classes, everything else is a google away or inferred

>throws $50 in the air and thinks that makes him look rich

>not double majoring in economics and finance then getting his mba

baka desu desu

>>>/ylilauta/

Why not just major in math and be an actuary?

>not doing double major math+engineering and double minor econ+finance
??

How does it feel to realise that the larger corporates don't even consider highering anyone without a quantitative background anymore, rendering economics and public administrations only for governmential and midtier corporate jobs? You'd need econometrics; economics is neigh useless.

Anyway, I'm glad I chose physics. I learn about the universe, life and the world around me while still being more hireable than you in the long end. You literally have nothing but capitalism-paradigm filled memes subject to a zeitgeist that will last a couple of decades, tops.

>he fell for the "learn about the universe" meme

>20 years tops
why do you lie to yourself like this?

>doing something to get $$$ and uphold the failing capitalist system instead of doing it because it's interesting and it's good for humanity
pretty fucking poor showing senpai

but you're not helping humanity by any means autismo

>failing
This delusion

wait and see my friend.
just wait and see.

>t. commie undegrad who thinks he's "curing" cancer

True though. What I appreciate most, though, is the fact that 1) all you are learnt is actually sound and true 2) you are equipped to read about anything you want (currently readin about quaternions). The further you go, the more it all becomes art.

You're alive on this place for a couple of decades tops (inb4 20 year tops) and it'd be a shame to miss out too much on interpersonal relationships and knowledge about the world, both of which are in my opinion the only thing that counter a nihilistic attitude.

Good job at quoting and then actually changing the quote. It was only to give a measure for the order of magnitude. (Up to my knowledge) approx 30/40 years ago Keynesiasim was abandoned for monetarism/neoliberalism and it's not hard to see that the latter two are corrupt systems that are up to revision (and are being revised, in Europe, for systems that bring back more the power and autonomy of the nationstate). Speaking in thrutisms in economics is literally only done by circlejerking brainlets.

>driving humanity to extinction via global environmental disaster
>not failing
I mean if that was the aim of capitalism to begin with I suppose it's a success.

I second this. Physics is the only subject that is interesting, broad and challenging altogether. Studying econ is completely worthless without the mathmatics behind it, while anyone with a strong grasp of math can easily apply it towards economics and finance when needed to, either personally or professionally.

>Communism comes and saves the day
>Starve the world population the likes of which have not been seen in Africa today

>people thinking studying Econ will make you rich
>people thinking studying Econ = studying capitalism
>people thinking Econ = finance

Sage-ing this thread because barely anyone on Veeky Forums knows enough about economics to discuss it properly

>communism is starvation
what?
sounds like you ought to read a book

jewish science

I enjoy science even though it's not gonna make me bank but that's the point. All jobs get tedious over time and the only factor that changes that is how much you enjoy it, it makes it easier to cruise towards retirement. My sister switched from bio to economics and she now makes bank. I wish I had more money but I know I wouldn't be comfortable working with such a bs made up field. She's constantly working with very loose estimates and basically made up ideas of how people think the market will go. The market itself is just a dumb concept that doesn't even really matter, but if I go outside I'll always see nature. So that's another reason why I study it, because it'll always be there regardless of the demand.

>economics cirrciuclum that doesn't include econometrics
Lmao what shit tier school do you go to where this is the norm

>that kid who thinks economics will make him rich

Yeah good luck thinking that one or two quantitative econometrics courses (maths for economy courses are only considered math when compared to the math provided in public administration studies - it's nothing) give you a solid grasp of maths. It takes years of practise and trying. Years that econometrics students were willing to take.

Your greed for easy money led you on the wrong road, pal. On top of that, you missed the chance on being an actual human being with pride and understanding, as perfectly illustrated by dolstoyevsky. You had one chance

Economic literacy is a phenotype

>learning Keynes

>It takes years of practise and trying.
For brainlets who need to resort to quoting meme Russian novelists, yeah it does take years. Econometrics is easy. Go watch another Jordan person video

pretty bad job outlook without mathematical background. and any relevant economics theory can be learned in a pretty short period of time by a person who has completed a more challenging degree

>pretty bad job outlook without mathematical background

thats why any econ degree worth a shit includes a lot of fucking math

you think you can understand economics through equations?

you think you can do economics without equations?

Yes.

Fuck anyone who says otherwise

Wrath of the Lich king.

Capitalism isn't compatible with basic income and full automation

I might as well live as a poorfag the rest of my life with no influence on the world than become a blood-sucking leeches that are politicians and economy majors. They are worse than welfare niggers.

Communism is authoritarian by default. Unless you have a solution to this, it has always been that way.

> blood-sucking leeches that are politicians and economy majors

nah you're thinking of finance majors

>majoring in economics

>studying a career and devoting your life to the paper jew instead of doing something actually lnteresting

LMAO what a fucking pleb

what if you don't enjoy anything? might as well make pesto

This

I bet it isnt compatible with unicorns and cold fusion either

>economics major
>math minor
>get to study what I enjoy about econ and stats
>dont have to take stuff I don't enjoy like topology or number theory
>admittedly easier than physics or pure math, but makes much more money
>dad is a vp for an insurance firm, got a foot in the industry already
Sounds like a lot of salty phys/math autismos that dont understand econ or my someone would enjoy it. Sorry that 300k starting meme fell through

*or why someone would enjoy it

Why not just end it and save time?

Econ is absolute shit because nothing of the theory works, have fun pretending you know something about the economy meanwhile a cab driver would probably predict better than you

You retards still fall for the Econ meme?

It's a dead art guys.

Econ 101 is supply and demand.

Look at the graduate:jobs ratio.

Now tell me, how much do you think you're worth?

You think you're scarce, special?

I did econ for 2 years before switching to engineering.

Of my friends that stayed on, most had to get masters ($$$) and then only half got graduate jobs, around 40k a year.

And the work? Just market analysis buddy.

Enjoy the slim chance of working for Rosenberg and Goldstein, hope the few shackles make it worthwhile!

ending it would be the opposite of saving time kek

I was a math undergrad, wanted to do a Quantitative Finance MS and maybe an Econ PhD.

But I didn't get into the financial engineering program so now I'm doing an MS Math (finish next month!) and maybe I'll do a Statistics PhD.

But I stillwant to work as an economist.

>capitalism is a sham, wake up sheeple
t. commie undergrad

Nice anecdotal evidence
Heres some of mine: econ grads at my uni make more money than any other degree

Enjoy graduating in 20 years.

Yes

Yeah I know that guy, used to be my classmate. First he wanted to go to med school, then he said he wants to be a lawyer, now he says he wants to do economics. Oy vey some goys never learn.

its not about capitalism, its about economics

Its well known that Economics has basically no predictive power.

Thats why its a social science (liberal art), not a hard science

"econ is useless without math"

Sure, econ alone is limited, but have you guys not realized econ and math double major is literally the most powerful combination on planet earth?

"Econ is just studying capitalism" or "econ is just theory that doesn't work in practice"

2017 and still not realizing econ is just a subset of applied math concerned with optimization? Incredible

What?
Sounds like you ought to read history

Reminder that the cushy position you covet is reserved for the boss' nephew and all you'll get is an unfulfilling dead end job.

Because I have more important things to do than just sit and play the stock market. There's robots to build and people to drone strike.

I will still be making 6 figs

Should you rule in hell or serve in heaven? Whichever yields the most profit. Ego and hubris are weaknesses. I'd suck on the ends of 15 inch nigger dicks for a pay rise, like all those women who sucked Weinstein's dick to get into hollyjew and are now pretending they are victims not the benefactors of nepotism.

Speaking of which, the real victims were the shareholders who expected Weinstein to hire on merit. They are the ones who should receive millions of dollars in compensation/settlements. The women? Nothing. They should just consider themselves fortunate they were given special privileges just for sucking a dirty jew cock and they aren't being indicted for fraud. I know the difference between good and evil and will not treat my shareholders the same way.

>I'd suck on the ends of 15 inch nigger dicks for a pay rise
All I needed to read. This thread is over.

>I will still be making 6 figs
Prepare to be disappointed. Universities are churning out thousands of econ graduates every year for a limited number of 6 figure jobs.

Hey Schlomo!

Not everyone here is a nepotistic Jew, who can get easily jobs from relatives.

Your Daddy can get easily a job for you in Uncle Sheckelstein's Bank.

Well obviously you can't just predict how the whole economy is moving, but there are tons of economists employed to study specific markets, industries, or companies. You'd think if it had no predictive power then one of the millions of economists that have come and gone would have fucking figured that out

How the fuck can you learn so much about math and science and post such embarassingly cringy shit about politics and economics, Veeky Forums?
Its like a bernie sanders facebook group in here.

Guys I am a stat student and can take an Econometric class as a major elective, should I do it?

Yo

>every econ masters program I've talked to loves math majors
you talk to graduate programs?

>2017 economics
Enjoy your no job cause AIs are far better investments than you are

>This

A team of several Software Engineers on 80k a year with basic guidance from a single Econ MA Graduate is the future.

Fuck off to Veeky Forums

Nah, more like 1 really gifted 10x software engineer on 200-300k a year. A team will just write loads of useless code.

that is how it is right now aside from government work

> thinking econ is for playing the stock market