Recent purchases

Recent purchases

Just got On Conics book IV in the mail and I also got Léon Walras' Elements of Pure Economics also, which I'm starting today after I finish Progress and Poverty.

The Social Contract is in the mail.

I bought these yesterday.

Read the bottom two already, they are quite short. I felt the socratic dialogues could use some analysis, but i couldnt find any plato in the bookshop that combined this with the actual text.

Ivan Denisovich seemed a fairly lucky bellend desu, seemed everybody else had it worse than him and despite being a arselick he had the gall to despise others for similar behaviour

For some reason i never read, or even saw a production of, hamlet so looking forward to that.

I seem to be collecting norton critical editions of ronantic poets, they tend to provide the best collections from what i have seen, along with some good further reading material

Reposting since I haven't copped anything since last weekend.

I see great minds think alike. I haven't yet read Faulkner's later works, but I hear the Snopes trilogy is pretty good.

I really like the Oxford Shakespeares. The intros are good without being too superficial or too scholarly, and the footnotes are always helpful. The Norton editions are a good way of getting into poets with a huge oeuvre (I'm thinking of Wordsworth, Browning, Blake, Tennyson, Coleridge), but Keats should be fairly complete, no?

Whoops

Jesus christ is that a first edition miss macintosh?!?!?

Recent gets.

Saw a qt at a bookstore today, she seemed nice, should have said something.

damn, dude. you could have gotten laid if you started talking about infinite jest.

>The Aeneid- Virgil
>Crime and Punishment- Dostoevsky
>Moby Dick- Melville
>Freedom- Franzen
>The Instructions- Levin

Blasting through The Instructions currently. Will likely read Freedom next because I really loved The Corrections.

Yeah, why?

It's pretty beat up though.

The first one is like crack. You won't be able to get enough.

They go for about 100$ in that condition.

Are you french?

long road to reorientation

>Fathers and Children by Ivan Turgenev (Katz translation)

Should be arriving tomorrow:
>Los de Abajo by Mariano Azuela

Weird, I got it for $9 at a local bookshop.

No, why?

I read the Oxford Hamlet and it seems to have a big chunk of Act 4 Scene 4 is missing, so once you get to that part, you can look up the scene in another edition online to read it.

Is it fucking signed? Damn sick book.

i guess skyrim is book enough to be a book

rate me /b/ros

fading-biege / technicolor

lol why are you reading a translation from Cervantes in french then? you do know he is spanish, right?

I do, and I have read it in Spanish several times in various editions. It happens that Jean Canavaggio, the editor of the Gallimard edition of Cervantes' works, is also one of the most respected scholars in Cervantes studies. I wanted to read his materials and notes, and I'm also curious about the translation.

Oh, I see.. nice collection m8. Since you're a good reader of Cervantes, do you know if there's some collection of his poems available? In spanish preferably.

Los de abajo is such a good book. Hope you enjoy it.

I have actually never taken the time to read through Cervantes' poetry aside from some of his more notable verses. I assume the Catedra edition should be sufficient for the student and casual reader alike.

I have both of those NYRBs and am excited for them but haven't started reading them yet. Cool choices!

Pic is from today's bookstore visit. Both new, $16 together. Tried not to buy too much because my backlog is already awful.

It's in the appendix

Apparently that bit is in the second quarto but not the first folio which this edition bases itself from

This

Elbűvöl és magával ragad az írásmódja, ugyanakkor megrendítő mennyire valóságos.

>aaa az első fejezet két (kettő) mondatból áll
Csak úgy lefolynak a szavai a papírról a szemembe,szememem át az agyamba és a tudatomba,megmutatván a magyar nyelv szépségét és gyönyörét,melyet oly rég élveztem csak úgy önmagában,hisz magyar írót elég ritkán olvasok,de ha igen,akkor az nagy öröm,hisz hazatalálok,haza,önmagamhoz,és nem érdekel hogy a mondatok hosszúak,hisz ez is mutatja hogy nyelvünk találékony és egyedi,ki is tagadhatná,ha nem egy külföldi,aki nem is érti,de ez mem szomorít el,mert én értem,és a lényeg itt van,hiszen én értem,te érted és mindenki akinek szól érti,megadván az írás és az íróiság gyönyörét.

Fel a kezekkel aki szintén így érez.

Kek. Milyen vicces vagy nyáron jössz táborozni?

Nem tudom hogy vannak e zsidó őseim.

A Sátántangónak van valami új kiadása?
Az itteni mocsok Libriben nincs.
Ha ez tetszik akkor lehet elolvasom azt is.

I love Conrad so much bros

The Pléiade volumes are Julien Gracq's complete works.

The first volume of the Snopes trio, The Hamlet, is one of Faulkner's best books. The other two- Mansion and Town- are indifferent.

confessions of a mask! interesting book
which edition is this one? i think they haven't released a new one in a while

Yeah I've read 250 pg since Saturday

I believe it is a first edition (american)

>tfw can't speak French
>tfw translators won't do their job and translate the books I want to read

is there additional commentary or something in that Winesburg, Ohio? looks thicc.

It's a mass-market paperback: thick paper and big letters.

Well, learn it then. It's not like you couldn't be able to read in a few months if you put a great effort.

here's my stack

What's the best publishing house for Quijote? Catedra?