Be Michael Crichton

>be Michael Crichton
>be trained as a medical doctor
>also a novelist
>be diagnosed with cancer
>write Next
>Next is critical to the medical establishment, at the research community, at Big Pharma, and at the government's policies regarding intellectual property rights for genetic discoveries
>previously write books with bibliographies
>Next has an appendix containing recommendations on legislative reform in the area of genetic research
what did he mean by this

>be Michael Crichton
>be fairly well-respected pop science-fiction writer
>criticize the global warming industry once
>immediately get cancer and die
what did they mean by this?

Does this post need translated or something?

What does "Performed by Dylan Baker" mean?

He plays a monkey?

>never read a Crichton
>pick one at random to read
>It's Timeline
>mfw I will never read Crichton again.

Yeah, I read a few Crichton books in highschool, but Timeline was pretty damn boring

though luck kiddo

>be Michael Crichton
>make advertisement thread for myself on Veeky Forums
>???
>profit

b-but i liked timeline, quantum foam makes me roam!

>he doesn't like history fiction
you wanna fuckin' go, mang?

>be Michael Crichton
>prove ghosts are real on Veeky Forums
holy

>>Next is critical to the medical establishment, at the research community, at Big Pharma, and at the government's policies regarding intellectual property rights for genetic discoveries
never take seriously doctors, in liberal societies or not.

he also wrote The Terminal Man, which was basically him creaming his pants over computers making medial research faster, and also predicting that doctors trying to map the brain would go on to try to get removing or tampering with portions of the brain normalized as a standard procedure, iirc

i'm reading Jurassic Park right now and it seems like the book is just a screenplay that has been revised to become a novel, mostly because it feels like I might as well be watching a movie. Am I doing it wrong or is JP actually not that good?

What's wrong with that?

The edited screenplay part is not what is unenjoyable, it's the fact that it feels like even important scenes are being explained at base level. Not just leaving interpretation to the audience, but not being descriptive enough, which makes me feel like I might as well be watching a movie. For example, the intensity of the dactyl scene in the movie is nonexistent in the book. Again, I may just be doing it wrong

Dactyl scene in the movie? What movie are you talking about exactly?

>get email from B&N about "new" Crichton book this morning

Hmm... Really fired my synapses.

>Timeline
>history fiction

oh I am laffin

it's fiction and it has a historical setting. define history fiction for me, smartass.

Benny Hill adventures in an alternate universe with cliche characters in medieval France isnt historical fiction, it's bottom of the barrel genre trash. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

You are experiencing what most Crichton readers, that doesn't prevent you from enjoying Crichton of course.

Maybe try Next, is more of a literary work than most Crichton's books.

>the global warming industry
Explain please. What is the global warming industry?

Maybe he is referring to the Koch brothers, the oil industry and possibly all the big food industries like the high methane contaminators.

Well the liberals want to sell solar panels and big oil gets in the way of that lucrative industry. Climate scientists and green tech startups are using their massive resources and lobbying power to put down lil ol' oil, yasee.

t. shill

Crichton's book was trying to disprove global warming, famerino. Takes 10 seconds to google.

Which one famalam?

State of Fear. Again, please use google next time.

>big food industries like the high methane contaminators.
I don't know what that means... What does food have to do with global warming, like actual crops? And methane contaminators, and in drilling and methane contamination of water sources?
Interesting. Its kind of funny that something like alternative energy which is touted as being "green and good" and has no adverse effects (as far as I'm aware) would be gunning for a profit. Its to be expected, but I hadn't thought about it.
A strange duality.

Feedlots in particular are known to create high concentrations of methane, and all the waste from cattle and bovine indeed goes somewhere. Remember the ozone hole? Is all related.

I...is that you Nassim?