You know that weird, embarrassing idea you had for a story? The one you'd never tell anyone about? Share it with us

You know that weird, embarrassing idea you had for a story? The one you'd never tell anyone about? Share it with us.

We're all anonymous here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Vampires
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I had this idea for a dystopian story where a guy makes his way to the top of the business world by bluffing and then he ends up being made a world leader and doesn't know what to do. So he just launches loads of nukes and then the world is fucked. I'm thinking it can be an unofficial prequel to The Road.

Are you describing Donald Trump?

>first person novel written in an experimental form about necrophillia when I was 16
>240 pages

still proud of it.

I have a lot:

>fantasy meets industrial weaponry (guns were invented and shit)
>pyromaniac diary
>surgeon turns to black market and takes several of his patients' organs
>school shooter novel in first person pov with micronarratives

an Alien comes to earth, and lands in the middle of a college dildo party

Terrible wastes of dubs

>this isnt so different

Truth is stranger than fiction

>a park ranger deals with hippies, aliens, and Yogi Bear is there

Pretty daring stuff.

maybe. Would likely crumble at the publisher's first glance. God knows how I'd publish my necro novel.

If a necro film can get distribution, I'm sure a novel can get published.

who would i go to?
Have one work published but the company is very liberal. Not sure where to go

No idea. But if you can't find a publisher, you could always just post it online.

A minor warlord in the Chinese 20th century warlord period seeks notoriety by callously sending his men forward on impetuous assaults.
The book follows several characters - namely the commander, his sooth-sayer who acts as his only confidant, and a couple of low ranking soldiers recruited from various areas and walks of life - as they are led on by the commander's ambition to further acts of violence and survival. The book would end with the commander coming up against a much more cohesive force (possibly the Japanese army) on the plains, and finally joining his men in a final charge. He and a few other characters die, and the rest scatters as the enemy army advances.

A virgin shut-in lives in a remote cottage with a psychotic promiscuous women who finds men in the city, seduces them and takes them back to the cottage to fuck. She later kills them and mutilates their bodies before leaving them to rot in the woods. Most of the book would be the virgin feebly trying to work up the courage to have sex with her, but - although the psychopath loves him - she knows he's too pathetic to waste on her.

I was thinking of making it a comedy, but I don't know. I don't have the skill to tackle a topic as edgy as this yet.

Dump drumpf xD

Sounds kind of similar to Under the Skin.

A guy with a shitty life catches his wife cheating and snaps

I had an idea to write a parody of Stephen king's novels by having a girl wake up from a car wreck, saved by a deranged farmer. She can't leave the farm because some apocalyptic scenario happened. The farmer she finds out breeds retards in a barn feeding them hormones so they produce a lethal amount of menstruation that he collects to keep the demons away from his land. Everything is ambiguous and the woman turns out to just be have fallen into an alternative universe in the end.

It's a japanese high school girl who gets her right arm chopped off in an accident, got into a coma and woke up in a post-apocalyptic world her arm replaced with a bionic arm that could do rocket punches

It's an (not! )embarrassing idea I HAVE I'm planning to write it into screenplay, with style much akin to Miike/Siono filmography

I wasn't shitting on Trump. His story just sounded like it was. Also sounds kind of similar to the Dead Zone.

Not seen it, thought that was about an alien?

It's different, I'll give ya that.

It's about an alien that seduces men and literally sucks out their essence.

put this stuff

A journalist with huge aspirations and very little intelligence ends up at a dead end job at buzzfeed. One night while drowning his sorrows at a bar he runs into an eccentric man who turns out to be a time traveler, whom is obsessed with creating the perfect timeline. The journalist gets dragged along to see all the unspeakable horrors this man unleashes against man kind to achieve his goal

damn sounds like my ex

put it where, user

An insane man wearing a straitjacket in an asylum locked into a solitary room with a fly, desperatrely trying to kill it.

Yeah, I sent a manuscript to an editor and they kindly suggested I never write again. So, now I am on here talking about my favorite authors getting nowhere.

Don't be discouraged by some stuck up asshole.

what was the experimental form?

resurrect jean-jacques pauvert (and then have sex with his living corpse)

would have blocks of text that was filled with ultra-specific words to describe something and emphasize the importance, the narrator talking to himself, lots of medical lingo and terminology thrown in because I wanted to become a doctor back then

was kinda alright now that i look at the manuscript. Probably too scared to find something to do with it, though. No publisher would want something like this to be put under their name, im sure. It's not edgy, just something taboo. Kind of like lolita

I kind of wanted to write an urban fantasy featuring dragons set in Scotland.

A private eye wakes up as a ghost and has to investigate who murdered him, and it turns out he killed himself.

they're all obvious and uninteresting

>obvious

The point of this thread isn't to shit on each others idea. Why don't you share what you've got?

Not that user but what's qualifies as subtle to you?
Why can't someone write about whatever they want?

>the last one
I'd love to see a less-cliched version (written or otherwise) of the movie Elephant. Even with all the lazy cliches it fucked me.

Titled: "Wtf I Hate Myself Now!"

Or, alternatively titled: "Trust No One. Not Even Yourself."

guy in an isolated situation (experimental martian colony in the middle of death valley) builds a robot daughter, trains the AI to sentience and then teaches her all about sex the most obvious way possible.

is that incest?

so, basically, the plot of Space Vampires, by Colin Wilson?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Vampires

made into the film Lifeforce

with a very young patrick stewart

i have some:

>writing out fictional stories that explain unsolved rl mysteries (for example, the somerton man)

>a fictional story about ordinary people experiencing biblical happenings (the story of two sisters following moses trough the desert or whatever)

>a story about a coldhearted golddigger that's basically revealing all female secrets of seducing a man

there are a lot more but i usually forget them again. maybe i should write them down and see if anything worthwhile emerges

ah, now i remember! i also had the idea of writing down the story of one of david parker rey's victims that got tortured and brainwashed and then released again. she would find herself severely disorientated with no knowledge of where or who she is and has to slowly figure out what happened to her and get her shit back together. all whilst having a very beaten up body she can't explain.

another one would be the experience of a child growing up knowing that he/she is the result of his/her granddad holding his mother captive in an undergroundbunker for years, raping her all the time and have her give birth to his incest bastards. aka fritzl's grandchildren try to deal with their lives

how about the growing friendship/"relationship" that led a policeman and a politician to make a contract for one to kill the other and eat him? basically how does vore happen

Sole survivor of nuclear apocalypse wanders Earth for three years, bored out of her mind at that point, when she accidently discovers that she's pregnant.

Too similar to Room

I had this idea of writing a story where the beginning is actually the end. I don't think it's ever been done before.

Monster brother, basically humans who are bored of regular sex are invited to have sex with monsters like Werewolves, Ghosts, vampires, Skinwalkers, etc.

A 30-something novelist ten years removed from his last good book visits his former professor's home in the countryside for a change of pace. At night, the professor's beautiful 18 year old daughter sneaks into his room and declares her love for him and his work. The novelist initially refuses her, but struggles to articulate why. She suggests that he is reluctant to give in to the cliché of the frustrated intellectual seducing a precocious female student, and promises to help him find an experience worth writing about.

I would read this.

12 issue watchmen style comic miniseries Grimdark cereal and food mascots.

will there be erotic sex scenes?