Tfw Veeky Forums memeing about engineering is unironically making me feel bad about studying engineering

>tfw Veeky Forums memeing about engineering is unironically making me feel bad about studying engineering

as well it should

Engineering is the useful side of science. The pay and practical job you’ll get is great, op

Pfft. Most people who criticize engineering either happen to be basement dwellers or physicists too stupid to realize that they're never going to make any real contribution to their field due to the fact that everything worth discovering in physics already has been discovered.

>Engineering is the useful side of science
You are aware that this kind of opinion is what makes engineers a joke here, right?

>everything worth discovering in physics already has been discovered.
Source?

>everything worth discovering in physics already has been discovered
When discovering things is beneath you. When there's nothing WORTH discovering anymore.

>the fact that everything worth discovering in physics already has been discovered.
This is your brain on engineering

Just enjoy the bants and get your degree if you enjoy the material.

God FORBID someone likes pure and applied math

Physics stopped being a respectable field since the invention of the transistor. Ever since then most Physicists have engaged in a decades long intellectual circle jerk, wasting millions of dollars worth of reasearch grants while giving the world absolutely nothing of use.

Meanwhile Engineers put a man on the moon.

Engineers and Mathematicians made possible the computer age.

And engineers will be the ones to make human use of fusion energy possible.

Don't forget that a very large part of the real work on the transistor was done by John Bardeen who was an EE (BS and masters) and only later did a PhD in Physics. He was also the only guy to win the Nobel Prize twice in physics.

This
Millions upon billions of monei are wasted in shit like the LHC because physicist like masturbating upon pointless particles, which has no use, no meaning, no nothing; the same goes for all the monei wasted in astronomical equipment because muh big bong. All this instead of working to solve modern problems like increasing battery storage or achieving fusion.

How physicist defend years upon years of wasted money and brainpower to find some sub-atomic balls?

considering the fact that an average engineer is better at maths and physics than a physicist i don't really see the point in having shame studying engineering. and i mean it, most of the engineers are just straight better at maths than most "mathematicians".

and it's not really what your major is about, it's about how well you understand the subjects and how strong is your ability to think logically.

engineers can't do shit without scientists, that info is only useless because engineers haven't figured out a way to use it for anything
so it's their problem

if one were to fall for the engineering meme, which field incorporates most math and physics?

>put a man on the moon
and crashed the challenger shuttle, forcing /based/ Feynman to come in and fix their mess

for
but it's a shitpost anyways so no worries

EE

>Engineering field that incorporates the most math

Computer or Electrical

>Engineering field that incorporates the most Physics?

Nanotechnological, Materials or Mechanical

>shitposting makes me feel bad
This, ladies (male) and gentlemen is what we refer to as an inability to handle the bantz.

>most physics
>mechanical

Yeah, as if applying classical mechanics with constraints has anything to do with physics. EE is much more physics oriented, i.e. usb tech relying on quantum tunneling, or gps systems implementing general relativity.

You sound like an engineer.

>he thinks it's a meme

Reminder that most people on Veeky Forums and poser, frauds, brainlets, who derive most of their self-worth by having picked X degree from a degree catalogue a choice already influenced by Veeky Forums culture

Do your thing, engineerbro

Every fucking thing in the universe is physics, retard

My goodness, the people ITT are such idiots.

1. You are forgetting applied physics altogether. solid state, optics and biophysics are fields within physics that deal with 'down to earth' issues, and the discoveries in those fields will definitely affect technological advancements in the future. Those will be applied by engineers, naturally, but won't happen if not for physicists.

2. You can have a lot of advancements in detached fields that will affect your everyday life in the future. Dismissing nuclear\astro\high energy physics just because their effect isn't felt immediately is extremely narrow minded. It was through quantum mechanics and special relativity that you got today's electronics based world, but those who studied it in the early 1900's were criticized because it was completely irrelevant at that time and all people cared about was thermodynamics due to the industrial revolution.

3. I personally study physics out of my own curiosity and will keep on doing so until I've had enough. Luckily I'm intelligent and diligent enough to keep up with such a demanding subject, because the more you advance in it the more fascinating it becomes. Anyone saying they want to benefit humanity by being an engineer is covering for their selfishness, greed and need for attention. I honestly don't give two shits about 'making the world a better place' and just want to do whatever tf interests me, and so should you.

People complaining about engineering, I'd love to hear how much their degrees have earned them or what left they have to discover within their fields besides a few esoteric studies or open problems. Sorry I don't find it worth-while spending a career/lifetime's worth just to solve a few open problems when I could've made a dozen other contributions to society with that same information in the mean time.

Not an argument =(

I see you haven't learned yet that the truth is always whatever is the opposite of what people on Veeky Forums tell you.

hello Veeky Forums poster

What did he mean by this?

What about computer engineering?
is it just as bad as computer science or does actually have some proper math?

aerospace or nuclear just not EE please I dont want future competition

physicists on suicide watch

You broke logic, faggot. Hope you're happy.

Imagine getting a PhD for Pure Mathematics only to spend most of your lifetime to solve 2-3 open questions/theorems and maybe 7~ links between existing fields of mathematics AT BEST, when you could generally get into computer science or quantum mechanics/theoretical physics that keeps that pure mathematics intuition with the discovery and expanse of the field rivaling physics/mathematics' expansion in the 1700s/1800s while actually progressing society, or you can do what any other math loser does and make some recreational mathematics to waste time and do fucking nothing like most mathematicians will end up doing.
Look at the "best" modern mathematicans around you, the majority of them will end up winning Field Medals and Wolf Prizes like Cedric Villani or Laurent Lafforgue for doing near fucking nothing besides 1 or 2 semi-relevant discoveries they took years if not in some cases decades to arrive to, you better hope you'll become the next Terrence Tao or Andrew Wiles with purely autistic dedication, if not this is a complete suicidal job, drop out and go for theoretical physics or computer science instead if you love that pure math intuition so much and want to actually be worth something to society instead of an autistic esoteric hobbyist.

I'm not a math major but I imagine the fact that it's a challenge is attractive to some people.

And yes this is how fucking delusional you look to literally everyone else, keep on rambling though about mathematics' "natural beauty" though to like the 3 people that actually care lolololololol, you might as well just have gone with a liberal arts degree that's how useless your ugly useless theorems are to the scientific community and STEM progression.

>computer science
Most relevant discoveries in computer science are just mathematical discoveries.
>quantum mechanics/theoretical physics
Ditto.
You're basically saying "don't study mathematics, study these subfields of mathematics".

I completely agree with you on 2, but 3 is autistic as fuck all.

Engineering is the repeated application of science, within instances of time and circumstance. It is comparably unrelated and shallow.

Not everything needs to be an argument, brainlet. It was a question.

"Are you aware that is true?"

Is still an argument

Is this the power of engineers? They cant determine the difference between an opinion, argument, and assertion?

can confirm, am physicist and now suicidal

S-STOP IT YOU ENGINEER F-FAGGOT

in return, scientists are useless without engineers to apply their work

unless you think knowledge is actually useful in and of itself LMAO

O-okay...

C-can we still be fwiends?

:'(

of course, that's the way we're going to make anime waifus real

#
BSc & MSc in EE then PhD & Nobel in Physics for a revolutionary technology (transistors, base for modern electronics)

A technology that can be applied in real life, not some useless Astro Particles shit.

Master of both Engineering and Science
His career is a Veeky Forums wet dream.
This is unironically the best option ever.

MSc in EE + PhD in Physics are the most powerful STEM degrees ever.

Reminder that Physics PhDs can also get Math Fields Medal (Edward Witten)

EE MSc + Physics PhD can also do research in Medicine, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Chemistry, Mechatronics & Material Engineering.

>unironically making me feel bad about studying engineering
>unironically
You should get better at English first.

>considering the fact that an average engineer is better at maths and physics than a physicist

Thanks, I have cancer now. I hope that engineers, the supreme lords of stem, find a cure for it.

>F O R M U L A S H E E T

ITT : Insecure faggots projecting hard.

What matters is to have a goal. What is it that you want to achieve? The field you should study depends on your answer to this question.

Kek

What if I want to kill myself?

You would do it instead of seeking attention from an anonymous chinese cartoon board.

Physicists BTFO

What if I am seeking attention precisely because of that?

Feynman revealed a flaw that the engineering team was aware of, but management ignored.

I thought we agreed that English majors were retarded

>Give her the slope?
I don't get it

engineering is cool
just don't be a cunt

>studying something other than comp sci
kek. good luck soyboy.
My bud graduated near the top of his class with a MS in ME from georgia tech and struggled for months to find a job.