In Search of Lost Time

>In Search of Lost Time
>its called that because after you finish it you look back at all of the time you wasted reading it

>reading

Good one, OP.
I liked it overall but I found his clinginess to his mother really insufferable a lot of the time.

As opposed to what? Shopping? Eating? Playing games? Running your mouth? Staring at your phone?

I've read it twice.

>tfw the cook in local kebab shop is marcel proust
I kek everytime.

reading something better

Yeah, but I've probably read that too.

>implying anyone has ever read In Search of Lost Time

why didn't you quit before, where you tied to it? like school work?

>talking to a girl into lit
>she says she feels guilty she never read In Search of Lost Time
>"Perhaps you still have time to lose before go searching for it back again"
>we took a trip together and fucked the whole weekend

This reads a lot better without that fucking abysmal third line.

>things that totally happened

>takes place over and around a volcano

Books: never again.

"Search" is horribly overrated.

Nobody on Veeky Forums fucks, you idiot.

Which translation, guys?

i picked up on this early on and it reminded me of my own mother, which was uncomfortable, so i read about some crazy spanish guy instead. it was much, much better.

>not reading this translation

>reading it in translation

Do people seriously attribute their sex to stupid shit they said or shared interests?

Don't people only have sex because they like each others bodies? I mean I wouldn't know so I'm actually asking.

Sex is a drive not near so adamant as either hunger or thirst but made stupidly recreational en masse these latter days. Read Chekhov's Gooseberries. Once you gain some idea of what you want in your mind youre going to nourish it, and, ultimately, convince yourself that you really have it when, actually, you don't. This happens or can happen over and over again until one either has an epiphany, and renounces this world, or becomes a scheming, lying salesman. Consider yourself fortunate.

*the (you)'s rolled out on that one, geez. My acknowledgement of FAIL

>>"Perhaps you still have time to lose before go searching for it back again"
wut