What makes skeletons spooky?

What makes skeletons spooky?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2wBm35nJvro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bones

being from reddit

>he doesn't know that Sp00king started here

Back to rebbit to compare IQ and fedora collection with them.

This is a serious question, Skeletons are scary

Historically animated skeletons symbolised a trapped soul, unable to pass into the afterlife.

Also a

People don't like to be reminded of their mortality, See: the "discussion" on euthanasia

youtube.com/watch?v=2wBm35nJvro

sp00ky stuff.

one's skeleton remains as a physical reminder of enduring death.

If we were just flesh sacks, we'd decompose relatively quickly. You could toss bodies in a compost pile and use it as fertilizer with no trace of whoever it used to be. But skeletons dry up and last millennia. If it weren't for skeletons, graveyards would just be memorial parks. We fear skeletons because a skeleton means that THERE'S STILL SOMETHING LEFT.

The dead don't pass on, they stay in the ground and skeletons are the basis of the superstition that death is a force on the earth and everywhere around us

DONT
PUSH
ME
CAUSE
IM
CLOSE
TO
THE

EDGEEEE

I'M
TRYING
not
TO LOSE
MY HEAD

It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

one more for meh taste

Before western media desensitized everyone, the ONLY time someone saw a skeleton was when they were seeing a dead person, often for the 1st time.

The more interesting question is, why are skeletons NOT spooky? For reals

skelletins are very spooky

They're dead people. It's the same reason seeing a corpse would be spooky.

what we are they once were and what they are we will become.

the face

best skeletons

What this guy saidThey are essentially memento moris

The fact that they're not real, and yet people still report seeing them.

>hetero
Can we not say "straight" anymore?

They ain't spooky. They're cool as heck. They're the symbol of death, weakness and equality.

i see them as a symbol of life, strength (drink milk) and diversity (nigger bone structure)

so basically FUCK YOU

if you ever see skeletons walking around in real life you are being exposed to incredibly massive amounts of radiation and are already dead.

This, they never were spooky—just weirdly interesting to look at. Why do I like looking at them? Same thing happens with gore, not really spooky, but I just want to look at it for some reason. (and no, I'm not one of those /b/tards who jerk it to gore or intentionally look it up)
Why would I want to look at something that should mean danger to me? It gives me that same feeling like when you're looking at satisfying geometric shapes or patterns if that makes any sense.

That's a great film.

I LIVE INSIDE OF YOUR FACE