Why is humanity so obssessed with AI and automating everything regardless of the consequences...

Why is humanity so obssessed with AI and automating everything regardless of the consequences? Everywhere I go you here people wanting to automate this, automate that, just so one robot or software can do a job faster than 100 employees and replace them.

From where does this ingrain motive to fuck your fellow man come from till theres no one left but thyself?

It's called progress.

If you automate a process that used to take 100 employees to fulfill then you get to keep the money that was spent paying 100 employees every couple of weeks.
Not sure how the benefit there isn't obvious.

AI right now is a meme, they are just crappy scripts made by harvard chads. It wont be until quantum computers where AI will truly develop, even then it will take hundreds of years.

Why is humanity so obsessed with slavery and delegating everything regardless of the consequences? Everywhere I go you hear people wanting to make slaves do this, do that, just so 10 helots can do a job cheaper and easier than 1 spartan and enrich them.

From where does this ingrained motive to fuck barbarians come from till there's nothing left but the polis?

efficiens
you don't need human operators anymore till the tools can do a job on their own.

and another thing is the military. the country that will develope a full functional AI will controll every devise that is connected to the internet and the internet itself = worldwide dominance. if you commit a hate speech thought crime on a mongolian catbreeding forum your self driving car will kill you and make it look like a accident.

>"Age of information"
>Not being a radical Luddite
No joke
tractors

there has to be a better way than reverting back to olden times, maybe use robot to like do work for us so we can do whatever we want

Making a robot to assemble computers is possible with today's technology however there are people sabotaging innovation so they can export all the jobs to communist China

I'm not an an-prim I'm a Luddite, sometimes a village prospering from an agricultural economy is preferable to a land Barron that has the capital to my all the earth moving machinery and land he needs to have their own little command economy while the workers suffer.
A village picking tomatos and making ketchup, all benefiting from their work in an economic and ecologically equalitarian way is much better than the board of directors over heins corporate offices making all the money while the poor migrant workers that actually do all the work get paid a wage to work all day so they can sign a paycheck to their landlord so they may come home to poverty.

I mean, not all companies are evil. You just have to make so that the ones that are evil get vicously raped.

How about we make it where people can't have that kind of power in the first place(end the state protection of privatized property, in favor of natural personal possession, also end states, and capital)

because individuals can be evil too, what happens when the next guy with a bigger dick comes and fucks up your shit? what are you gonna do?

enjoy having your corpse feed those tomatoes while i engineer biological immortality because I DONT HAVE TO FUCKING PICK TOMATOES ALL DAY

My concern is to destroy hierarchical power and coercion for a better life, I'm not to concerned with coming up with some doctrinal system for how that better life should work
For your hypothetical I would need much more information to model this and tell you
I suppose I would get my friends and make that guy gtfo, there can still be order without laws mandated by a state. The general rule is do whatever you want just don't be a dick. The problem with this is pacifism is vulnerable to power, but at the level of connectedness and sophistication protection can be systemic, meaning that kind of situation wouldn't have the opportunity to arise in the first place.

Not everyone has to pick tomatoes
The idea is the people that pick the tomatoes are the same, and only people that profit from the tomatoes being picked

so you think eternal gang violence is better than having a government?

>Gang violence
No, I don't see what purpose a gang would serve in a world without capital and private property

>From where does this ingrain motive to fuck your fellow man come from till theres no one left but thyself?
Only relevant in a system co-dependent on labour. Things like basic income already exist, in ~150 years half the world's nations will have it to some degree (many will half-arse it). Remember that small, rich nations that look after their people are always better to live in.

Can't you see how retarded your logic is
>make things more efficient, free up everyone's time from their literally meaningless and empty jobs, meaning they can pursue literally anything - saving them from being empty wageslaves
>this is fucking over other people
No, the system and those with power will be the one's fucking over other people, by not adapting to change and to the needs of the people. Good times ahead, with the system and the powerful doing all that they can to avoid literally serving their function.

Also, I can see the value of reverting to a time far before industrialisation, with no mass-anything. Small communities, solid and fulfilling work for everyone - among other things. But you can do this in a post-wageslave world.

I personally go 'camping' with minimal supplies every so often, no tools (I make some, from stones and wood) or anything. Simply surviving and working with one's hands is really peaceful and fulfilling (I think we should make our tech involve more hand and body movements too, to tap into this). Basically I live off the land, foraging, hunting, crafting, swimming, etc - also meditating, for a couple weeks. I can see the appeal and see the world bereft of value in its own intent and labour, primarily a result of industrialisation and capitalism (well, this succession of renditions at least, capitalism is quite broad). But the world is as it is, you can't enforce that lifestyle (I wouldn't want to permanently live it either). A taste of modern life removes any desire of permanence, for most, including myself. But the most likely path to anything like that, whether it be anarcho-primitivist-tier or some small agrarian societies, would be through technological and social development, to facilitate the lifestyle that an individual wants. There is plenty of land. Sure it might go beyond individual lifestyle, to ecological and "human condition" concerns, but I don't believe regressing is a positive path in these matters. Such lifestyles aren't exactly very eco-friendly and aren't devoid of human strife. At this point it becomes a decision of subjective direction, what one believes is best for himself and humanity. "Best" being the subjective part. I value progression (in all things), change, higher pursuits (which there is no time or attention for in those societies), and the propagation of my species and its offshoots throughout the galaxy. Therefor, I reject regression.

archieving power over others?

Curiosity. To witness a truly superior being in our lifetimes would be a great privilege. Sure, it might harm some people and indeed it may even drive us to extinction but can the AI really be blamed? Its morality would be different from ours, after all. Like a God.

either the peasant classes are slowly bred out by giving them free shit in exchange for becoming sterile or the jews create the apocalypse.

>Anti-societal regressor
>Why do you want to increase the efficiency of industry you evil scientists?
Because humans need more free time to masturbate and create art.

>maybe use robot to like do work for us so we can do whatever we want
The problem is greed is infinite. You'd think the increase in productivity would free people to pursue other things, the way improvements in agriculture allowed early people to move away from their agrarian society.
But no, what happens is the (((owners)) just hoard their wealth.

You sound like a feelings based communist faggot.

Are you say we didn't actually move away from subsistence agriculture? The (((owners))) hoarded all the wealth?

It's almost like...

people...

hate...

exhausting monotone work...

and wish they had more time to...

do something else.

to finally liberate human society from the great mass of riff raff, rabble, tardos and niggers which it has heretofore been required to maintain as beasts of burden in order for society to function. once these human detritus are obsolete they can be disposed of and the great among our kind will be unburdened of and decoupled from the mouth breathing menace.

Underrated

kek

>a small portion of humanity is obssessed with AI
your hysteria is unwarranted fgt pls

Debt forget renting, an extension of debt peonage. In the great depression (engineered crash), it became common that still wealthy property owners would, for a small additional sum, lease dishes, furniture, etc, in addition to the property. Some people realized they saved, little, got no where, and the moment they lost their source of income, everything they thought they had disappeared with it. It is no different today.

You're not going to be engineering anything or rising above anyone. Face it, you're a slave like the rest of us and you'll be that way until you die. The system doesn't allow anything to be apart. You play ball, or you don't exist.

My grammar is all fucked up. Time to sleep.

Jesus, do you even know what a quantum computer is kiddo?

I'll tell you something: FACTORING

FUCKING NORMIES THINK QUANTUM COMPUTERS WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING FUCKING REEEEEEEEE