How the fuck do I maintain a schedule of reading & writing daily if I have to work a cuck job 9-5 and I'm always...

How the fuck do I maintain a schedule of reading & writing daily if I have to work a cuck job 9-5 and I'm always exhausted after it, especially with the 1 hour+ commute

Other urls found in this thread:

gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you knuckle under and give up on your dreams

Quit your cuck job, mooch off your friends and relatives, get a sugar daddy/momma to support you, and live cheaply.

This is more or less how most writers have managed it.

My parents are both dead and my friends would never let me mooch

My city is one of the most expensive in the world

i mean desu though

do you really think you have the potential to write something good

like something really good. something that needs to be written

look into meditation

Oh jesus, fuck off.

all I'm hearing is "boo hoo boohooblubbloo"

t. Veeky Forums

What country do you live in?

Realize that because of electrical lighting, you still have far more free time than writers of the past.

i live in sydney, anything that is remotely close to the city that isnt a complete shithole is $400 a week, and anything this is a complete shithole is no less than $300 a week

the 400 and 300 are minimum too

I work 8-5, I like to exercise so I cycle home from work, and on Saturday mornings I go for a decent run. I find 2-3 hours reading time on an average day because it's my hobby. I can't see how you could have zero time unless you watched TV constantly.

I'm home by 6. 30 minutes to make dinner and wash up. If necessary I'll spend 10 minutes throwing some clothes in the washer or sort some from the night before. From 6.30-7 I'm then free to read. This gives me until 9.30 when I get ready for bed and watch 15-30 minutes of TV. I'm asleep by 10 and up at 6 to make lunch, shower, get dressed, etc.

>9265528
>abolish capitalism
>establish post labor, fully automated society

easy op

>Australia

Hmm

You could go live in the desert. That seems like it might be a conducive place for writing. Pick a place with dramatic scenery.

You could get a job that allows you to read. I work 58 hours a week but they'll pretty much let me do whatever I want.

>look into meditation

Look into suicide

What job is that?

haha what the fuck are you talking about?
i live in sydney and you can find a good quality sharehouse in the city for 250

>sharehouse

Good luck getting anything that requires uninterrupted concentration going on

>i live in hell, ama

I'd kill myself if I was trapped in a time schedule of living like this

My schedule:

>Wake up at 6
>Breakfast while writing, until 8
>8.00 to 8.20, shower + getting dressed
>8.20 to 9.00, commuting = reading
>9.00 to 17.45, work
>17.45 to 19.00, gym
>19.00 to 19.40, commuting = reading
>19.40 to 21.00, dinner + free time
>21.00 to 22.00, writing
>22.00 to 23.00, reading
>23.00 to 6.00, sleeping

I have a pleb life, but I try to make the most of it.

sooooo, wtf are you doing during that 1h+ commute, kiddo?

Fapping

I get that you're tired but if you even have 2+ hours of what you consider as "free time" daily then you have the means to transcend your current predicament.

It is a matter of dedication, surely.

Most people cannot manage 1 minute of their daily time to devote towards anything beyond immediate pleasure seeking

you could easily pair that up with reading

>problem solved

Write/plan on your lunch break. Give up television. Give up videogames. Give up social interaction.

Give up.

:'(

You sleep when you come home from 6-10pm, then you read and write until 2 or 3am and then you sleep again until 7am

You don't. You numb the pain with unhealthy food, alcohol and excessive masturbation.

I did the cuck-job 9-5 routine and literally became a morphine addict in the course of three weeks.

Now I do part time and get high on shitposting instead of drugs.

Are you the one who's getting exiled to a farm to dry out?

Nah, but I did post in the thread.

>can't handle a mere 9 to 5 job.

But seriously, the best is to live right next to your workplace. When you got half an hour of time devoted to going to work instead of two hours everyday, you feel the difference.

Don't get me wrong, it depends entirely on the sort of work. But there is definitely something profoundly soul-crushing about a job that saps all your energy and that you find absolutely no meaning in.

>can't handle a mere 9 to 5 job.
>can't handle a mere 8 inches being rammed into his ass every day

I could handle 16 inches if I had to, you need to man up.

get up earlier, and write then, read during commuting.

I don't write, but I draw and this is how it works for me, I get up two or three hours before having to leave my house, I usually read during my commutes, though I think that I should start drawing on the train too.

Have a cyclye of sleeping one hour and being one hour awake in your free time.

Instead of making this thread, you could have been writing your Meisterwerk.

I work 8 hours, commute 2 hours, live alone and still I find plenty of time to read/write.
I don't know what are you doing but a typical schedule for me would be to:
>get up at 7
>do the usual morning routines
>have 4 hours of free time
>start preparing for work at noon
>commute from 1pm to 2 pm and read
>work to 10pm
>get home at 11pm
>1 or 2 hours of free time
>sleep

I do the cleaning once a week on one of my offdays. There is 5 or 6 hours of free time/day, if you don't waste it on retarded hobbies like video games it's plenty to do whatever you want.

Forgot to mention that on offdays I usually read/write the whole day.

read on the commute, don't get drunk every night

adderall

Machinist.

I love adderall but it fucks up my writing ability. I become too analytical and long-winded, and I'll get a little bit manic so the next day when I look at my work, it's not nearly as great as I thought it was while writing it. If you do try that OP personally I recommend small doses

whatever you do, start it slowly
i mean, don't start your new routine thinking you're gonna read for 2 hours straight
start with 30 min, 45, then enhances it

Yes there is

Australia has the highest true value minimum wage in the world. You are complaining about living in the best country in the world for "low" income earners. If living in Aussi is too hard for you just be thankful you don't live anywhere else at any other point in human existence because you wouldn't be able to cut it.

>he's not a NEET

not gonna make it

Get a 'job' when you can read/write while doing it.

Night security guard ect

READ THE FOUR HOUR WORK WEEK

What is your job?

>just like hire and exploit other people by getting them to do all your work

i feel you my man. the "meaning" of my work for the past year and a half has basically just been proving to myself that i could hack it. and i have done, so i guess i'm proud of that, but it's really not been good for me.

fortunately i've decided on a career path that i actually want to go on and have a course starting in july. i have a glimmer of hope now.

I did, but then every single economics post-grad I know made fun of me.

>work part-time
>work full-time while living at home and invest it all to retire as early as possible
>be born into a rich family
>win the lottery
>work a job with little supervision so you can do what you want on the job
>live off the welfare state
>go homeless and read/write in libraries
>go full hermit like the north pond hermit gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

Plenty of options my man

Do the writing early in the morning before work. If you can mange it those early morning hours are like magic. Good breakfast and some coffee! Do the reading after work

>tfw wagecuck

The struggles are real, OP. Everyone in this thread who's telling you to manage in between your work schedule has never actually worked a day in their lives. A bunch of fucking NEETs, the lot of them. Work is exhausting, along with the commute, and leaves me burnt out af.

I find the commute to be the worst part by far, honestly. I hate being trapped in a car for 90m each day. Negotiating unending traffic is far more frustrating than even my actual work. If only I could take the train to work.

I take the train to work, op. In the mornings, when I'm going to work, I say my daily prayers (Catholic master race); but after work, when I'm going home, my eyes are too tired from having stared at a monitor all days, and, on top of all that, reading in the train makes me feel nauseous, so I'm unproductive the entire ride home. Maybe someday I'll have the balls to quit wagecuckery and pursue literature.