en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercone
4dtoys.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm pursuing a Ph.D

>not realizing we live in 4D space

I can't imagine 5d space.

Easy, just imagine an n dimensional space and then set n = 5

Well, let's see.

>1D is a point on an x axis. A visual for this would be an infinitely thin line.
>2D is a point on an x and y axis. A visual for this would be a flat square.
>3D is a point on an x, y and z axis. A visual for this would be a 3D cube.
>4D is a point on an x, y and z axis, and at a certain time. A visual for this would be a cube sitting on a table at 4:35PM.

So there you go.

>space

4D = 3D (x,y,z coordinates)+1D (colour)

That's just time as a concept, isn't it? Just think of a plant growing or a sun going down.

Physics was a mistake.

nope

Oh. Well then I don't know!

would 4d space be your entire accumulation of all possible 2d/3d perception throughout all experienced relative 3d space.

this is but on sectional time interval of the 4d space, a 2d sliver of finite existence, rather than the 2d perception of infinite time existence, this would be everywhere the cube has ever been and is going.

Imagine vectors are (age,height,weight,penis size) for each person, this is a 4d space

I would just define it as infinite. It'd be impossible to imagine the entirety of 4d space including the energy which is not yet relative until force is applied, it would take longer than the rest of your existence to determine everything.

4d is when water and shit hit your face and your chair vibrates in the cinema right?

imagine a right circular cone. the flat slices are circles. in 4D the circles are spheres.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypercone

The problem with visualizing 4D space is perpendicularity. In 2D and 3D space, every axis is perpendicular to every other axis. So the question becomes "How do you place a 4th axis that is perpendicular to all of the other 3. The only perfectly regular shape I can think of that is perpendicular to all three other axes [at the point where it intersects them, only, though] is a sphere with center at the origin.

>not understanding space

So a equation in x and y moving would be 3D, since movement=change in time-axis?

I think that it becomes 3D-like movement only if you view it from fourth dimension.
For example: free fall. The movement would be defined with two variables. In third dimension, one variable is added, but it doesn't change. In fourth dimension, the variable added with the third dimension still wouldn't change, but the fourth one would, so the movement of an object becomes 3D-like.

So if the fourth dimension is time, I think it would look like the object isn't falling straight down, but diagonally.

I might be a brainlet though.

wrong.
A point in 4d space is 3d. 4d only makes sense as a line through time. i.e. Time evolution

Absolute brainlet

time is a PARAMETER you fucking BRAINLET, an evolution parameter.
The fact that every fucking ODE or PDE in physics has to set it like [math]\forall t > 0[/math] doesn't tell you something?

>4D space
>He doesn't know about the infinite dimensions yet

>people who haven't studied analysis and thus haven't been introduced to infinite dimensional spaces yet
kek

Good luck getting a job with that!

I imagine the fourth dimension as a colour. That makes some pretty pictures in my mind.

1 dimension = 1 attrubite of identification
4 dimensions = 4 attributes (e.g. 3 space coordinates + time)
n dimensions = n attributes

visualize R3 changing temperature over time
boom
R5

>4 attributes
>space

kek, nice try

Any vector space with only one element (with the additive identity element) is generated by the empty set, so no, a point is 0D.

Wot? You need 4d to add the temporal element. The gradient would be a vector field from from R4 to R4.

You need to vibrate higher so you can capture the opening of the portal that connects this Earth of 3D to one Earth of 4D or 5D

>I need or want a job

We don't have that shape because it doesn't exist in our dimension

There are only nine dimensions

To my understanding 4D space is just adding a extra unit of measurement, which is view as understanding physical reality.

All you brainlets need this shit: 4dtoys.com/

OP was specifically referring to four spatial dimensions, you’re all fucking tryhard pseuds.

The way you are right now is the intersection of your 4D self with the plane t = now.

>tfw to intelligent to pay 14.99 USD

Fair enough.

That only models R^5, though. There are lots of other 5D shapes.

>4d only makes sense as a line through time.
That's completely untrue, 4D manifolds exist with no reference to time, and those that can be described as some possible spacetime -- called Einstein manifolds -- don't all look like M^3 x R^1, where M^3 is some 3D spatial manifold: this make imagining them very difficult.

>I can't imagine [math]∞[/math]D space

>tfw I will never even visualize four axes all orthogonal to each other

>brainlets don't even know what a phase space is