What do you think happens after we die??

Do you think we just decompose or something happens which isn’t in our consevable version of reality etc.

Perhaps we are preserved via the quantum realm which secures us eternal life among other dead people

You meet Jesus and get to explain yourself.

Also, why is this on ?

Nobody knows. I believe in God and that I have a soul, but who knows.

I asked my philosophy professor a question a few years ago that he said was "poorly worded, but really unique and fundamental to the self."

I asked him whether the soul, if there is one, was pilot of the ship or the engine of the ship.

Either you are eternal, you will be eternal in different corporeal states, or you are finite. That's it. Basically, we have to wait until we die to find out.

I think I have personally felt the presence of what I think is God, so I'll be biased, but it's up to you.

oblivion

Probably the same stuff that was happening to you before you were born.

The thing is, there is no such thing as "you" or "me" or "death" or "life" those are all concepts, if you want to find what is REALLY going on, you need to let go those concepts, while doing this you may start to think compulsively, don't worry about it, just treat those thoughts as if it was noise, just breathe.

"As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change." (Bg.2.13)

Spring turns to summer turns to fall turns to winter. But winter is no the end, the process is cyclic. Similarly, the birth and death of the material body is also a cyclic process. If one has sufficient spiritual realization and practice within this life, he is said to have attained Moksha, or liberation from this perpetual cycle of suffering and is established in truth and bliss. If he devotes himself entirely through God through the course of bhakti, he attains God-realization, the highest platform, as well as Moksha. However, if you squander this extremely rare human birth entirely in pursuit of some sensory pleasures, then you reincarnate into a lower form of life.

Personally I think we just die and that's it, the end. But if consciousness continues on in some form, I'm ok with that too.

You get clarity

Either you die or you don't.

This user seems to get it.

You forget everything, but you are still yourself.

Youre organismal body decomposes, life goes on, the consequences of your actions perdure with life

Literally no-one knows.

The Universe came from non existence.
There is non existence after death.
That could only mean one thing.

I think it's this.

We're just waves of atoms moving through a mosaic of other atoms, exchanging freely with them. Individuality is tenuous.

only one way to find out

If there's another place where we go when we die, afterlife, reincarnation, whatever, if through braindamage you lose the ability to speak or recognize faces do those abilities go there first?

when i turn off my computer, does my pepe collection go to heaven?