Roberto Bolaño

What works do you like from this author?

I recently read some of his short stories and liked them. The one called Últimos atardeceres en la tierra was pretty good.

What other short stories have you read by him?

2666 and when he shit talked about Chilean new narrative, everyone here was buttblasted

who is the best chilean author

I honestly only read books originally written in English. Once I run out of those I'll read this guy.

The Savage Detectives was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Amuleto, a side story of sorts, was also good.

I loved it when he held up the boombox in Say Anything

hah

Yo

el gaucho insufrible

DUDE DEGENERACY LMAO
He is pretty good

I liked the first season of The Savage Detectives, for whatever reason I put the book down and never picked it back again again once I'd finished that part.

>season
Season? Section.

I recommended Savage Detectives to my friend and she said it was sexist & she hated it.

>if you write about it you're perpetrating it
but what did you expect? don't make the same mistake twice user.

> to my friend
> she

did u get sum fuck tho

Was he jewish or just a Chilean with italian looks?

clifford drones plz go

> sexist characters make a book sexist

>rowburrtoe bowleyno

people who think this way deserve the books they seek out

I've read 2666, Third Reich, By Night in Chile, and loved them all (especially BNiC).
Reading Last Evenings on Earth, and so far I don't understand the hype for his short stories at all.

Worst post I've ever seen.

His poetry is interesting, as well.

LEAVE HER ALONE YOU FREAKS

Lmao u cheeky cunt

Kek, I suppose you discard the greeks.

Yeah I don't read translation my man

Either the wisest lazy cunt on this website or the stupidest lazy cunt on this website.

i've only read 2666. it was like edgy murakami, i liked it.
i'm going to read savage detectives soon. i tried listening to an audiobook but it was narrated in an annoyingly inappropriate accent.

Dude theres lots of good stuff originally written in English. Let me deal with all that first. I'll get to translations eventually.

I like the way you think. But I still read them from time to time though not as much as originals.

Mi diario es mejor siéndote bien sincero compadre.

I would compare it to Murakami but the "magical realism" aspect is way more toned down and in most of his works, non-existent.

Bolaño, se fosse vivo, talvez mencionasse em seus romances o furor fascista desta plataforma. Ele não teria piedade.

yeah definitely.
the first and last parts of 2666 just reminded me a lot of kafka on the shore. that's one of murakami's less surreal (though still very unmistakably murakami) stories.

Now that you mention it the beginning of the last part was pretty surreal.