Turns out minutephysics was a communist all along

turns out minutephysics was a communist all along
youtube.com/watch?v=E_ME4P9fQbo&t=4s

>Women are shunted by their socialization and education toward fields of graduate study that are generally more crowded, less productive of completed degrees, and less well funded, and that frequently offer poorer professional employment prospects.
You mean like gender studies?

>comments disabled
What a hack. Don't shill your stupid ideas if you're too scared of debate.

why do so many people claim this? I really don't think it's true, there are plenty girls in STEM, I'd say it's 50/50 even

You need to protect your audience and make sure to maintain a Safe Space. Someone might be triggered.

He's being responsible.

I disagree with some conclusions arrived at in this video, however that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the restriction of comments, of open dialogue on an obviously complex issue. Very poor decision.

>tfw women apply to gender study just to complaing that STEM fields doesn't have enough women instead of applying in the first place
Does this prove that female are factually inferior to man?

Another science youtuber shilling for communism, what a bunch of faggots.

This completely fails to account for the fact the schools like Harvard college, which do not admit based on major, everyone who applies is competing against one another, discriminate heavily against Asians and slightly less so whites. Truly a joke of a video that attempts to say one example is indicative of all society. Literally every science department in the world is spending time and money on making it look as attractive as possible to women. I hate when people put personal politics into places it does not belong.

The only reason I disliked the video actually

>Literally every science department in the world is spending time and money on making it look as attractive as possible to women.
Why do you think that is?

>a bunch of Veeky Forums sperglords are mad that women are getting attention when they just wanted to watch a video about physics

You are wrong.

Why the hell do people want to force gender and race diversity in everything?A person contributes to science as an individual, not as a man or a woman.
Or at least that is what it should be.

Nobody is forcing anything. They're focusing recruitment efforts on underrepresented groups so they counteract discrimination and bias.

I agree with this.

Yes, Youtube comments, home to only the most rational and reasoned debaters.

Or, more realistically, the comments would be full of
>kys niggerfaggot women are subhuman scum

>communist
Did he use the word? All he’s saying is that admissions are biased. I swear the underage and unsuccessful /pol/tards creep into every board.

>advocating equal pay for equal amount of work
>not a red

I don’t even know why I come to sci anymore, there are some people with reasonable science related topics up for discussion but now all this worthless political stuff that nobody has the energy for creeps into everything. Physics forums is so better.

Go back to /pol/. Obviously your inculcated in your own views like a zealot. Maybe you can start a Jews did it board it in the future.

I'm scared I'll get my feelings hurt!

Well hurry along then. Nobody will miss you.

using big boy words are we? you are probably way smarter than i am.

The comments before he disabled them were actually pretty mild.
Most of the comments were just suggesting that the STEM gap between men and women were possibly due to innate biology and not societal bias

>comments civilly suggest it might be biology
>immediately get sent to goolag

but the bias only consists of the society supposedly "shunting" the underrepresented group into specific fields.
That's the conclusion they are drawing but they are neglecting that women could simply be less interested in STEM fields than social fields

>Our study concluded that there was no bias in university acceptance between men and women
>But that doesn't mean there isn't bias somewhere else, check your privileged cis white men
It's amazing how he can have a study that doesn't support his argument, but actually hurts it, and yet he still tries to use that study to prove his point.

Don't know if you all saw part one, but he implied that blacks getting lower SAT scores and whites getting higher was due to socioeconomic differences.

As you can imagine the comments were a shit show, so I laughed when I saw this video's comments are already disabled.

What he says of the end of the OP video is bullshit but this is true. When you don't prqctice analytic thinking then you will suck at IQ tests. And that's still implying you actually try you perform at your best at the exam. If there are any racial differences they are far smaller than what was measured in studies.

>caring about iq tests like a middle class undergraduate american

>every one who posts an opinion i don't like is /pol/

>everyone who posts an opinion that is /pol/ is /pol/
?

i figured out he, and veritasium, were commies awhile ago :(

Not him but it's because in some people's minds, inequity means inequality. Despite this, I see no one trying to get more males to be kindergarten teachers, which is like the most female dominated field in existence.