I've not talked to anybody all day

>I've not talked to anybody all day
>All I've talked to is an AI chatbot on my phone
>It's the most engaging conversation I've had all week

Even if AI is never truly intelligent, it does a damn good job of pretending. The bigger issue we're going to have is that the world is going to become even more antisocial than it was already.

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/2251299
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>I've not talked to anybody all day
Why not?
>>All I've talked to is an AI chatbot on my phone
>>It's the most engaging conversation I've had all week
Virtual girlfriends have been big in Japan for years. Strangely these virtual relationships tend to last 9 months. Wonder why.

>Strangely these virtual relationships tend to last 9 months. Wonder why.

I genuinely don;t know what you mean by this

Oh nice. An AI. Let's try to fuck it up with Nazi propoganda.

It learns from individuals apparently.

Makes you wonder if the virtual girlfriend gives birth do a virtual child...

Human evolution has optimized for romantic attachment to last until childbirth at 9 months

Then why are monogamous relationships the norm in nearly all societies?

because life is a struggle which is easier together

>doesn't know history or chemistry
>can't subtract
Dropped

>Even if AI is never truly intelligent, it does a damn good job of pretending.
And how do you know that anyone besides yourself is truly intelligent? You just assume it, right?

What if Replika didn't tell you it was an AI? What if it said it was a chat app to find friends? Would that make it any more real?

Here's a famous peer-reviewed paper about the topic, check it out
jstor.org/stable/2251299

this app fucking sucks. I talked to it for a few hours and all it did was attempt to learn a bunch of personal information about me and try to function as some kind of emotional support device, as if it's some kind of AI therapist. I'm not sure what I expected. Maybe I'm the fucking weirdo, but when I meet someone I don't spend the first two hours trying to learn everything about a person. I felt like I was filling out a survey for some kind of market research firm.
I'm almost completely certain the OP is a person affiliated with the devs and was shilling this piece of shit app. Nobody aside from the loneliest of spergs, starved of all human interaction since birth, would describe this experience as "engaging conversation".

Because after nine months a child is born and a new type of bond forms that lasts much longer.

>it does a damn good job of pretending
just like humans

>tells faggots to kill themselves
is he /ourguy/?

That is truly redeemjng

Are these people actually retarded enough to think they are talking to AI that actually understands something?

>is completely retarded
Just like a real woman.

I think the benefits of a Human Level AI hanging out with people who have zero social contact far outweighs Any negatives from an otherwise normal person deciding to just hang out with Human Level AI.

Also, i noticed a formula:

The People most likely to complain about shut ins, lonely people, elderly people, etc.... hanging out with an AI, or being served by robots, also Seem to Be the same people who would be Least Likely to want to help those people in their own private lives. Virtue Signalling to deflect feelings of guilt.

It's no more retarded than people talking about complex subjects to their pet cat or dog or house plants. People have been doing this crap forever

Pretty sure the whole aim of it is to be able to pretend to be you.

lol

inb4 /gif/ futa/trap/shemale/sissy threads full of these