How does one be stoic?

How does one be stoic?

Be indifferent to anything but the arbitrary spook called 'virtue'.

take it in the ass

don't go against nature

Which one do I pick?

i'd say stop making an elephant out of a fly. swat the fly and get on with your life.

Read the stoics. Put in practice what they say.

if someone tries to fuck you in the ass, don't go against it. it's your destiny. struggle only makes you suffer double.

you clearly have never read anything about stoicism.

get a call center job

hell nooooooooooo

Understand that other people can't make you feel any way, only you can do that. Take full responsibility for your being.

The real question is,how can Asians be stoic?

the real question is, is there any fault in stoicism? because i can't find one

Deny life
Stoicism is the West's Confucianism. Both are disgusting.

Stoic physics and the concept of Nature

be more specific pls

If anything, doing that had the opposite effect on me.

Cosmology and determinism

Separate decision and emotion. Do what you determine to be the right path based on logic over emotion. You can still feel the emotion but you can't let it make decisions for you.

you're aware that you're not supposed to take any ideology and blindly stick to it, right? stoicism has some very valueable lessons. but like with everything else, take what reasonates with you and discard the rest.

But what if the logical thing is to follow your emotions?

>and discard the rest.
So there are faults.

Besides Meditations what should I read? I know not much survived from the early stoics.

Moderately low IQ and mild autism

On the Shortness of Life
Letters from a Stoic
The Discourses

not per se. unless there were ideological believes that can be labeled as inherently true or false. which they can't. aince it's all just theory. you take some of every theory you find fitting. that doesn't mean imthe rest was ((wrong)). it just didn't fit with your mindset. it's like Veeky Forums. you only acknowledge the things you want to hear and ignore the rest.

Is Stoicism the best mindset for a manlet?

become a gentleman who surveys new items from your local fast-food establishments for the benefit of people on the internet

it's the best for everyone. but especially manlets since they can't affort to also be whiny pussies in addition to their lack of physical manlines

So manlets are basically in a catch-22? I think i've gained a bit more respect for those succesful short men out there

they live life on extra, very, extremely hard mode, yes. be respectful.

Read A Guide to the Good Life by Irvine. Great book. Guy knows what he's talking about.