What are some Veeky Forums approved reading lists?

What are some Veeky Forums approved reading lists?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>pop science bullshit
well nothing on your list to start with

Huh?

Theres nothing wrong with that list user. Care to elaborate?

lol
go back to neil degrass tyson land

So you can't provide a counter example?

What are you doing on Veeky Forums user?

>cant self learn nuclear engineering they said

Been at this for a couple of months already, its amazing.

Which book did you start with, user?

Kill yourself.

Not an argument.

Literally every book on that "list" except maybe The Selfish Gene is complete dogshit. Some of them are quite detrimental actually. In that they employ lies and half-truths all throughout, to indoctrinate the reader into the author's baseless opinions and sentiments.

They're fine if you treat them as the historical/futurist scifi/fantasy that they are. But are useless for anything else.

It's an order.

>What are some Veeky Forums approved reading lists?

Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Universal_Material
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mathematics
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Physics_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Astronomy_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Economics_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_and_Aerospace_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Programming_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_and_Electronics_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Biology_Textbook_Recommendations
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Science_and_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Chemical_Engineering
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/History

Kaku and Hawking write terrible lay science books. Instead, read Feynman's 'QED,' Einstein's 'Relativity the Special and General Theory,' and Thorne's 'Black Holes and Time Warps.' You still won't learn much physics, but at least it won't be drivel or nonsense. Or try Feynman's 'Six Easy Pieces.' Some of the 3 volume set of the 'Feynman Lectures' is also accessible, and it's a great way to get interested in physics.

The list is pretty obviously a troll list but to be honest everyone on the list except for kaku are fine for the most part.

>>Muh magical success clay
>>meme authors
>are fine

No.

E equals M C sub 2

>Guns, Germs, and Steel
Troll list detected.

Lol can you even mention whats wrong with that book? Thats right, you cant because you've never read it, you /pol/ low IQ faggot

t. leftist cuck

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Not OP but I liked Guns, Germs and Steel.
It definitely doesn't belong on a Veeky Forums reading list. It was a light read on a few common ideas. I didn't claim to know anything about anthropology prior to reading and I also wouldn't after reading.

>Thinking Fast and Slow
>The Theoretical Minimum books and lecture series by Leonard Susskind
>The Big Picture book and the Philosophy of Cosmology lecture series with Sean Caroll

t. Steven Moyleighnoo
I always found it ironic that the quote is related to him, even though a lot of his videos are not arguments but feelings.
>Girls, you see, being a mother is amazing. It's very nice. You may think it's not optimal to be a mother now, but you should try it. Having a baby is amazing.
Said this in a video a few months ago (I don't watch him that often)

These aren't bad books, but only if you're a highschooler or someone who does science as a hobby. If you're studying science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) these books are pointless. They're meant to dumb things down so that people get interested in science.
Which is exactly why they aren't Veeky Forums approved. They are starter books, and can be even skipped if you're already in the field.

>reddit the list
shiiiiiiiiiiig

Gets Mossaded

Where's "An Outdated Book on Something Irrelevant"?

Well outide of the brainlet normie pandering bullshit you chose, I've been reading the emperor of maladies by siddhartha Mukherjee, which is pretty decent.

Well outide of the normie pandering bullshit you chose, I've been reading the emperor of maladies by Mukherjee, which is pretty decent.

I want to get learned about the history of the Space Program and space exploration in general.

I always look in the history section of shops and there's a whole lot of nothing there and the science sections are usually nothing but Pseud shit and pop science.

Can anyone reccomend any good readable overviews and histories?

I'll contribute with some pseud pop sci shit of my own: Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi really helped me get on top of stress and isolate why i enjoyed the things I enjoy.

Well outide of the normie pandering bullshit you chose, I've been reading the emperor of maladies by Mukherjee, which is pretty decent lads.

>the selfish gene
Based on a theory which has been proven wrong.

What's Veeky Forums general chemistry approved book?

It's a bit outdated, but you should read "Ignition! An Informal History of Liquid Rocket Propellants" by clark. Really funny and it gives you a good history of the chemistry and politics in rocketry. Probably one of my favorite organic chemistry books

My Dad bought me a hardback copy of Roger Penroses The Road to Reality.

It was a cool gift but it wasn't about war so I never read it and I am a brainlet. He seemed excited to have found a copy.

Where does it stand in the world of Science literature. Is it a primer overview or a textbook. I can't really tell.

The emperor of M'ladies

Cool thanks.

The International Jew by Henry Ford

Advanced popsci, along with his others
Any others like him?

Genuinely don't know enough about the books or the subject to know if the stuff under "Women's Studies" is meant as a joke or not, but had a good kek anyways.

I really like Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A. Balch.

has anybody EVER read everything in one of these "guides"?
Total and utter bullshit.
>let me just line up literally 200k pages of math
and then it's obselete by the time you finish

[spoiler]I just posted it to appeal smart[/spoiler]

I have a problem where there is so much I want to learn.
>mechanical engineering
>electrical engineering
>computer science
>mathematics
Literally not enough hours in the day.

pls be my bf
this looks pretty good thanks!

Learn math and cs, apply to other two

?? Ez

This garbage is still being posted.

better learn none of the above and shitpost on Veeky Forums all day long

>learn math
>learn cs
>suck cocks
It's not that hard

Are the Feynman lectures worth it if Im already in third semester physics or is it just high level pop-sci?

also
is Gödel, Escher, Bach worth a read? Ive seen it thrown around on here a couple times and the topic seems to be pretty interesting. Again asking from the perspective of someone already studying physics.

Yes GEB is a very fun book and really sets you thinking 10/10 would recommend

Thats a troll image new boi.

a popsci reading list missing The Elegant Universe? Blasphemy!

Also, The Inflationary Universe by Alan Guth is a required popsci reading.

Not to boast (but still kinda, tho), but I taught myself quantum physics from the scratch upto renormalization (i.e. the name of the course I'm taking this semester).

Good books, however, I recommend something non-hard science related desu, as you probably get enough of that anyway. Try Haidt, Ariely or Kahneman for example. But more generally, just read, every day. Soon you'll be running out of stuff to read.

Thanks user this made my day.

holy shit user thats impressive

>Guns, germs, and steel
fuck off tumblr

What’s garbage about it?

>Not one textbook
Why all the popsci?

What a great reading list.

im embarrassed for whoever took this picture

based on the books shown in picture, there is a 99% chance this person is some fat guy with a pube beard that works at walmart and is actually half indian

>Are the Feynman lectures worth it if Im already in third semester physics or is it just high level pop-sci?
It was the freshman textbook at Caltech for a while. Great, fun, kind of inspiring read even if you're past it, like Feynman's other book. The relativity section is a little wonky, though, so you can skip that part.

books*

>all except mein kampf, jews and their lies, and the bell curve are in fingered through once condition

Wouldn't expect anything more from a Trumptard

Hey Veeky Forums what books would you recommend related to natural science
>Biology
>Genetics
>Botany
>Zoology
>Ecology

I would love to hear what you lads have to give about this. Thanks in advance :)

Not sure, but there are some books over those topics on the Veeky Forums wiki. The recommended material seems to be legit (at least for physics and EE)

Peak Americanism.

You Amerigoblins are so fucking ridiculous.
Always trying to compensate for your eternal muttery.

Akmet go oil wrassle with Mehmet in a non-homoerotic manner.

t. sicilian

If you honestly don't understand The Selfish Gene you are a brainlet forever.

lol why so mad tho?

Wrong hypothesis, wrong methodology, wrong results, can be debunked by an elementary school kid. It doesn't require /pol/ to debunk any affermation by that shit

Can someone link me a complete textbook math guide. There are plenty of guides like or but theses guides are memes acording to some people. I just want a good guide without useless chit for brainlets.

Not an argument. Your answer lacks any substance, honestly. Makes me doubt if you even read that book.

Show me a thesis from the book (physical barriers, resources, domesticable animals). I'll demostrate why it'a wrong, if I have time before going to the gym

First link is a good guide albeit in meem form, second is complete meem/joke

the fact the you need a complete textbook guide probably means that you do need useless chit for brainlets

and if anything, it has to be tailored to your level and interests, which is variable to everyone

Needs more Crichton

Fishing for recommendations for books that are easy to get into. I.e they hold you by the hand/explain something so very well that reading the book gives you some knowledge for free.
Examples: SICP, Basic Economics by Sowell, Harnessing Complexity by Axlerod.
Anything math/complexity theory/computer science/programming related is welcome.

Can't atm, have a couple thousand pages left to study among other stuff to do. But stick around champ, if I get to it you might learn something.

'Gems of theoretical computer science' is the GOAT

Jesus christ

Literally self radicalization via confirmation bias: the picture.

Do people that do this kind of shit not realize what they are doing to their mind? As someone who deredicalized from white nationalism it just pisses me off that people see no issue with just reading exactly what they want to hear ffor hours on end.

Thanks will check it out.

Funny, the same thing happened to me when I believed in racial equality, feminism and necessity to have open borders

Lads any good book for thermodynamics. I'm really enjoying Çengel, really thorough.
I'm also reading some introductions to general Logic, I'll slowly go to the fundamentals of logic and then mathematical logic.
Fiction books I'm reading are The Neuromancer and The Man in the High Castle.