Homemade Autoclave

Long story short I was extremely lazy and left some pots and plates out for a few weeks and they got maggots breeding in them. I washed them all down the drain, but I want to completely sterlize this stuff before I use it again. If I put them in the oven with a big pot of water, duct tape the door shut, and turn it up as high as it goes, will that effectively autoclave my stuff?

a dishwasher would autoclave them.

Dishwasher doesn't go above boiling. Don't autoclaves go to 122C?

All you have to do is soak them in clorox solution and wash them well, you dumb shit.

>duct tape the door shut
KEK why would you do that you fuckin mong

you'd probably break your oven

just get a pressure cooker and put your plates in it

This isn't some weird, unique problem that only you have encountered. Just spend the $5 for your favorite cleaning product at the supermarket and don't be such a fucking twat about it.

Your plates and pots probably aren't meant to go in the oven. You'll ruin them.

Oh, I would highly recommend adding some stoneware to your kitchen set. Oven safe, lasts forever. My set is used, from the 70s, and its complete - not one broken plate, not one chip.

Duck tape won't turn the oven into autoclave
But baking at 200°C will kill anything harmful either way

You're a disgusting human being, you need to basically just throw away and burn every single possession you own and move to a new house/apartment.

Start completely over from nothing, even your clothes. Burn it all and get rid of it all.

Completely change your life habits.

>not gathering all the materials to create new dishes by hand like a real man

Submerge in bleach, then add vinegar for best cleaning effect, this combo kills everything

Yeah, i got my grandma's set from the 50s and everything but 1 plate is in tact. That 1 plare was knocked on the floor my my ex's cat (fucking cats, hate them)

lol why are you afraid of maggots?

>>not breeding autoclave resistant maggot army.
>>not naturalizing your body to filth and pestilence
Git gud

>I want to completely sterlize this stuff before I use it again
what a bitch lol
you (((people))) arent Human anymore
hardly even alive, you should envy the maggots. i hope their high fat content rots in your drain

Just put them in boiling water

>not recreating your conscience into a new form of life that doesn't need to consume water neither food or oxygen then killing your former self so you don't need to deal with dirty dishes anymore

Pressure cooker. Basically what an autoclave is.

Use a solution of 10% bleach. Let is remain on the surface for 20 seconds. That sterilizes, but only if the surface is completely clean of debris. Check the bottle label to find out the concentration.

You can use a conventional oven. Put the items into the cold oven. Set the oven to 350F and leave it for 3.5 hours. If you have glass items, don't open the door while the oven is hot. Allow the oven to cool completely before opening it, otherwise, the cooler air could shatter the glass. This also sterilizes and is more effective than using bleach since you don't know if you got all the micro-debris off.

If you happen to have a large pressure canner for home canning food, you can also use that. All other home methods are merely sanitizing, not sterilizing.