Fags on /g/ are crying that CS math is too hard

>fags on /g/ are crying that CS math is too hard
>started CS
>pic related is math I need to know to make it trough the first year
HAHAHA
wtf, I thought CS was supposed to be hard

Other urls found in this thread:

gadgetsnow.com/jobs/95-engineers-in-india-unfit-for-software-development-jobs-claims-report/articleshow/58278224.cms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wtf, I thought CS was supposed to be hard
Why?

Well, because some posters on /g/ made is seems so. Claiming they dropped out because they couldn't handle math.

What is this, your introductory circuits class?
Wait a while, you just started.

>falling for the comp sci meme
Have fun getting replaced by AI and 3rd world programmers in 2 years.

>AI
>2 years
More like 20

>third world programmers
5 years ago

Nice meme
gadgetsnow.com/jobs/95-engineers-in-india-unfit-for-software-development-jobs-claims-report/articleshow/58278224.cms

/g/ is the board that considers FizzBuzz a programming challenge. What did you expect?

>[math]\mathcal{implying\ it\ SEEMS\ so}[/math]
[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{CS\ IS\ A\ SUBSET\ OF\ MATHEMATICS}}[/math]

[eqn]\color{crimson}{\frak Why\; the\; spooky\; text\; tho?}[/eqn]

It's pretty easy.
I've stopped attending class (except for midterms and finals) and my gpa is still a 3.5.
t. 3rd year

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{TO\ SCARE\ OFF\ THE\ SPOOKY\ MONSTERS}}[/math]

isnt that just pre-calc?

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{basically\ YES}}[/math]

>The solution of the equation [math] e^x - e^{-x} = 1 [/math] is the natural logarithm of the golden ratio
Nice. OP, do not insult simple math because most of the time simple = beautiful.

Shut the fuck up

>HURRRR I GO TO A SHIT COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD THEREFORE ALL CS CURRICULUM IS EASY
kill yourself retard

There's nothing beautiful about it. φ is just one of the two solutions of x^2-x-1=0. That equation is just that polynomial with x replaced by e^x.
Pretty much nothing is special about φ, except that it keeps being brought up in pop-sci.

Pls explain

^.5=√

>He is this dead inside
I know, I solved the problem. I just didn't expect to find a famous constant.

Also, phi is special. It is a deeply number theoretic number. It appears very naturally in the theory of infinite continued fractions which is a natural generalization of the theory of finite continued fractions which appear as a natural way to solve congruences.

So between phi and congruences there are only two degrees of separation. Beautiful. And the closer a number is to the theory of natural numbers the more beautiful it is. Pi is not beautiful because it is the area of the unit circle. Pi is beautiful because it appears in the sum of the reciprocal of all natural numbers.

(c) is a transcedental equation, you can't actually solve it unless by approximation

wtf nigga just turn e^x - e^-x into 2*sinh(x) and solve x?? what is so beautiful of finding some random fuckin golden ratio dogshit when u can just solve it with trig lol

This is probably the smartest person ITT right now

as if using [math] arcsinh(x) [/math] = [math] ln( x + sqrt{ (1 + x^2) } ) [/math] is easier than the normal polynomial way

Holy shit I hope you don't study math or physics

[math] e^x-e^{-x}=1 \iff e^x (e^x-e^{-x})=e^x \iff (e^x)^2-1=e^x \iff (e^x)^2-(e^x)-1=0 [/math]

>So between phi and congruences there are only two degrees of separation.
?

This is literally just high school algebra