krautchan.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

talentless hack

>ywn read Nietszche, Schiller and Goethe in the original German

GOAT

>John Goth

talented genius

get hoe

I think you could do it, lad. It's not so onerous. Give it some time and give it some effort, and concentrate only on being to read and write it, you'll get there with consistent effort in two years.

I think that monkey can even drink my cum after she's been face-abused by my cock

I genuinely can't wait for the day I read both parts of Faust.

I just dont think its worth years of effort just to be able to read a couple great authors in the original language, learning ancient greek/latin would probably unlock more content anyway

:(

Oh God, how would she pronounce Nietzsche?

It wouldn't. But after reading your post I have shifted from being encouraging to being disgusted by your existence. Kys

German is probably the easiest language for an English speaker after Spanish and French

Just buy a grammar book and a dictionary and start working, you'll be reading Nietzsche in no time

FRED E RICK

NEE IT CHEESEY

I pissed all over my left hand, which was holding my small cock as I whizzed into a standypee. Good Cock-knockin joke you funny bun.

DUDE JUST SPEND HUNDREDS OF HOURS LEARNING A LANGUAGE WHEN TRANSLATIONS EXIST, LMAO

In the time it takes me to learn German I could read all of Nietszche 5 times

>Goethe delights in the court atmosphere far more than is becoming to a poet. Is there any point in talking about absurdities of virtuosos, when poets, who should be regarded as the nation’s first teachers, forget everything for the sake of this glitter?

Damn

Everybody in this thread should kill themselves by cutting their veins

>DUDE JUST SPEND HUNDREDS OF HOURS LEARNING A LANGUAGE WHEN TRANSLATIONS EXIST, LMAO
All you're showing us is that your original post was insincere and that you don't actually care enough about reading the mentioned works in their native languages. What's the point in even complaining if you don't really care?

>bee-though-vein

>ywn read Nietszche, Schiller and Goethe in the original German
>yes you can dude it's pretty easy
>THATS TOO MUCH WORK, TRANSLATIONS ARE FINE
lmao

His interpretation of the Faust legend is genius.

I care deeply, but its not worth the effort. Maybe when Im old I'll have time for that! I already know Russian and English, maybe if I meet a qt forign girl Ill end up learning a 3rd language.

Isnt learning Greek better than learning German anyway? Greeks >>> Ger"men"

You can learn multiple languages at a time

She removed her reply to the Hegel question. Oh boy.

I was lamenting the fact that I would never do it, not that I couldnt

Learn English before making fun of my lack of German, friend

>Russian
That's actually less worth the effort than german you dimwit.

brb learning German/French/Italian/Latin/Greek its not like i have an actual life

Hmmm it's almost like you're a psued who can't actually bother to put any effort in

I was born into Russian, raised in it, dumbfuck.

Great, groundbreaking in many ways but ultimately a little boring too
I read him in german

>If you dont know 5 languages ur a pseud

Based b8oven

>bilingual
>2017
Lol.

>hay-gull

>study one new language every year
>keep up with all the languages because you read books in them
>keep grammar book to help you with shit you might not remember
>still have time to do everything else you want to do
Assuming you aren't a pleb who works a 9-5 cuck job that is

The Sorrows of Young Werther is his best desu

>Assuming you aren't a pleb who works a 9-5 cuck job that is

Haha well tough luck there kiddo

Goethe doesn't really have a best, his quality was pretty consistent.

I-I'll be self employed soon, y-you'll see

Werther is a truly superb novel but I was slightly disappointed by the translation of Faust Part 1 I read.

Why did he end up distancing himself from Werther?

if i take off the frock coat, would you die?

>heggle

It'd be extremely painful

Goethe and Schiller wrote in 18th century German which is a completely different language compared to modern German.

Not really, it's quite different but entirely understandable

lots of actual suicides

It's Hégle

Shitty desu

He was pretty hot.

True. Average writer though, Faust I is the only good thing he ever wrote (aside from some poetry).

you are forgetting the Roman "Die Leiden des jungen Werthers". Its a very touching and deep story. it even triggered a suicide trend in germany when it was released.

Wow. He spoke like he wrote his music.

>spanish
>french
>easy
>all those conjuctions
I mean yeah, it's easy compared to chinese or russian.

>that fucking portrait
That's not the Goethe I know. He would never look like that.
I'm so fucking pissed off.

What a fucking brutalizing.
Also, best Beethoven bios?

I read Die Leiden des jungen Werthers and it was alright, nothing that blew my mind or anything. I will read Faust at some point, I have to finish reading the Bible first and after that I would like to read something shorter and lighter until I start a more complex book again.

You mean conjugations, and yes, if you learn any indo-european language other than English, you will be dealing with those. Most other language families, too.

Goethe more like GOAThe 2bh

>Nietzsche

Don't bother. The only reason Anglos think he was anything but a second rate Stirner is because they don't know German.

>believing his meme philosopher is at all relevant outside meme-land

Learn German.
Conjunctions are piss easy. Chinese and Russian are also easier.
Werther is the book spent his entire maturity trying to distance himself from. Faust is very little like it and is better in every way.

He isn't. That's why Neetshit got away with ripping off literally every worthwhile part of his """"philosophy""""" from Stirner.

>ripping off

My friends, pls help

Well to be fair, part of the reason why he wanted to distance himself was that a lot of people didn't get that you're supposed to realise Werther and his hyper-sensitivity is a joke. This is not to say that you shouldn't relate to Werther (God knows I do), but he's so over the top and his suicide is so obviously botched that you just cannot take him seriously at the end. On top of that it's also partly a critique of Goethe's contemporary class society with all its barriers and hypocrisies rooted in pre-Bürgertum times, which also went over a lot of people's heads.
In any case I hope read the first edition because the second one is pretty neutered in comparison.

>like u guyz just don't get it akshually werther was just irony lol it wuz all a joke

Goethe almost killed himself in the same circumstances, the book is largely autobiographic.

>it's a critique of class barriers

Goethe was literally a courtier at one of the most refined courts in Europe. Speaking of barriers he was also in favor of locked ghettos for Jews. You literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Vie de Beethoven by Romain Rolland.
Not the most comprehensive but really great.

(you)

Hlaeo
Hw much f??

Die Leiden des jungen Werther is one of my favorite books

It wouldn't, you cretin. Most Latin/Greek lit has been lost and none is written anymore. You'd read just "a couple great authors in the original language" all the same.

Don't bother dude. I am German and I can tell you, you will most likely never be at a level where you can read and grasp these authors' writings, most Germans living nowadays could not wrap their minds around it if their lives depended on it. German is a dying language anyway.
If you're not really into the language for more than a few writers you will never pull through with it anyway.

I am glad that English is such an easily accessible language, I have acquired a pretty high level considering the fact that I never technically learned it, I just adapted to my environment. It's a shame that there is only one Internet in a way.

I disagree. I was at an german school abroad where we had many non german speakers and they ended up learning better German than the germans in the class even if they still had an accent.

It is jsut about how much you are willing to dedicate yourself to learning the language.

If you only go to your bookstore and get a Rosetta stone and a workbook, then you won't get anywhere.

>If you only go to your bookstore and get a Rosetta stone and a workbook, then you won't get anywhere.
So, how do I get anywhere.

Take private lessons, study the grammatic and syntax extensively, translate a lot and talk/write to native speakers (there are lots of sites that offer this service for free).

>you will most likely never be at a level where you can read and grasp these authors' writings, most Germans living nowadays could not wrap their minds around it if their lives depended on it.

Just like how English natives can't understand Shakespeare yet I as an ESL can perfectly comprehend every sentence? Yeah, whatever, let the retards be retards but that doesn't mean people can't learn a language.

>there are lots of sites that offer this service for free).
Like what, I don't want to wade through a hundred ones asking for a credit card at the end of it. Any sites you have in mind?

On krautchan.net/ you can write with native germans for free.

meet people who are native speakers and watch movies and tv in their language.