Go to uni library

>Go to uni library
>Tell myself "No more Pynchon, just take out a normal book"
>Leave library with Vineland and Mason and Dixon in my backpack
Why cant I read anything else anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't read anything normal since I finished Ulysses and it sucks because I wasnt that well read before going into it and now all classics seem phony to me

read Proust

Read Tristram Shandy and FW

Already started GR, and I dont understand what the fuck is going on 70% of the time

Don't disregard Tristram Shandy btw.
What page are you on user? And don't let that discourage you. Here's a very simple page that sort of summarizes what is happening. Don't let it ware you down, have fun with it. You're not a stupid piece of shit.
ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm

>Don't disregard Tristram Shandy btw.
I will probably forget the name but I know I can google Schopenhauer favorite books and it will show up
>What page are you on user?
41 from the penguin deluxe edition
>inb4 you got kike'd that edition is fucked up
already checked and it is fine
>And don't let that discourage you.
Nah, I'm fine, it just seems like today is one of those days that I just don't want to read
Started writing tho, I dont know if it will go anywhere
> Here's a very simple page that sort of summarizes what is happening.
mmm thanks, I don't like guides, I think they kill the fun but it seems necessary now, it was sometimes with Ulysses, at least the first time I tried to read it
> Don't let it ware you down, have fun with it. You're not a stupid piece of shit.
I think the main problem is that english is not my native language and this is the first non-translated novel I'm reading
And yeah, I may not be full retarded but it feels bad to know I will never be on Pynchon or Joyce's level, what the fuck is it with the brains of these two

>study at a technical university
>Libraries have no literature only textbooks

Literary equivalent of a sweettooth

The first 200 pages are the hardest.

that what you get for falling for the memes
the only meme you should fall for is the greeks, and it is because it isnt actually a meme

>please let this be a normal story
>with the Pynch, no way!

new novel when

I went to a private school so I did actually start with the Greeks
But I wasnt really cognizant about how important they were so I just passively absorbed it
Do you mean Plato and stuff or the myths?

>I went to a private school so I did actually start with the Greeks
But I wasnt really cognizant about how important they were so I just passively absorbed it

actually same, but I really think I need to go back again
>Do you mean Plato and stuff or the myths?
both are important

>I need to go back again
I meant go back to the greeks

>people actually being nice and not assholes in Veeky Forums
what is going on

>t:^)w you tell someone to start with the greeks and they think you mean plato and aristotle

>t:^)w
what did he mean by this

where would one find schopenhauer's favorite books? couldn't find it with a google search.

try a bing search

oh user. i am in dire straits to find this information please if you could bear yourself to assist me

i dont know man i just searched the book that guy told me about and it said in the wiki article and schop liked it a lot, among with don quixote and other 2 books i dont remember

People say Col49 is pretty difficult, but i didn't find it hard at all. Did i miss out on a lot, or is the difficulty exaggerated?

I think you might just be a genius

much appreciated thank you

I mean, what is supposed to be so difficult about it?
I can only think of one passage where i was kind of confused for a bit (with the sailor and the bed), but that was about it.
And i thought his prose would pop more than it did, from passages i've read from GR and M&D which were absolutely beautiful.

No. It's really just a forethought to what he seriously begins to consider in GR wrt Slothrop and the V2.

Ok cool, i'm pretty excited to begin GR, but i think i'll keep it in my backlog a bit longer for the time being.

can you explain The Courier's Tragedy to me then?

Define "explain"

>pretending to understand stuff on Veeky Forums

your existence is sad and pathetic

user btfo!!