Literary Tattoo Thread

Does Veeky Forums have any tattoos?

Umm... EXCUSE ME! Would you mind pausing that *snicker* lowly VISUAL MEDIA? I happen to only garner entertainment from WORDS ARRANGED IN A WAY TO GIVE MEANING. AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW

u say i hav no life because im gamer.. WRONG i have many...

PS i doubt anyone this basic has read 1000 books

Tattoos always look so shitty on white people.

>I'll never be able to look this noided ;_;

Looks like a chipotle bag

>Bibligohile

>tfw when you're sad enough to make this thread once every two weeks and post the same dire tattoo. Nobody cares.
>tfw when I'm sad enough to come here enough to actually notice.

came here to post thsi

Is this some kind of joke?

Inb4 autistic lot 49 trumpet tattoos

Tattoos look shitty on virtually everybody. A tattoo is how patently inferior people visually signal to others that they're genetic trash. It's the symbol of a superficial and impulsive child who thinks carving ink into their flesh will transform some aspect of their self in the eyes of others. I don't read tattoos or examine their "artistry," I just recognize that the retard standing before me is mentally and aesthetically incompetent

t. NEET

> FOUNTAINHEAD
> CATCHERINTHERYE

OP has an excellent tattoo if I do say so myself - kinda jealous that I can't do that now lest I be a copycat

I thought about getting this poem from The Savage Detectives.

Get a life square, I bet you don't associate with drinkers and smokers either.

Ask him if he has a TV :D

You're joking, right? Tattoos only work on white people.

Hey. Do you have a TV?

xD

I would never trust an author or a reader with tattoos to hold any ideas or opinions of any worth or depth.

The irony of this is that you are basically denying life from yourself by being an immature little shit

I have "This is Water" tattooed on my underarm. I used to hate Wallace because his fans were all lit-bros, but then a friend of mine was like, no, you have to see this. He rolled a joint and he put in Wallace's commencement speech. We sat in silence listening for what seemed like an hour. When it ended, my life was changed. My friend turned to me like, "Huh? What'd I tell you?" It was just like how I always hated Tool fans and said Tool was shitty, but then one summer day when the sun was setting on the highway my friend put the top down, cranked Tool, and that was it for me. The very next day I got the "This Is Water" tattoo and then bought Infinite Jest. You might think that's pretty hasty, getting the tattoo so soon, but I've always been the kind to grab life by the horns. That's the thing, though. I'd always had that "Just Do It" personality, but I never had the other side, the balance, keeping me grounded. Wallace provided that part. So now every morning when I wake up, and I feel life's weight descending on me, I look at the arm: "This Is Water." It's just water. Close my eyes, smile breaks across my face. Bliss.

Do degenerates get tattoos? Yes. Am I degenerate? No.

I genuinely don't understand your position. The first post is probably pasta, but whatever.
I don't have any tattoos, and certainly, most of them look like shit, but the same applies to how most people dress. What I absolutely don't understand is how you can dismiss it as something inherently different from clothing, jewelry or accessories, other than it being permanently embedded in your skin. It's a decoration, plain and simple. It's a drawing on your skin. Some people attach meaning to it, others don't. Same can be said about clothes. Again, the vast majority of tattoos look like shit. So what? The vast majority of people have shit taste in just about everything. Why do you treat tattoos as if it's something extraordinarily plebeian? What the fuck is it about tattoos that really gets to the neckbeard crowd here? Help me understand.

I have a tattoo of Ferdinand the bull on my gun.

>The very next day

The reason that I judge people for getting tattoos is because they are permanent, painful, expensive and unnecessary. The permanence tells me that they're not good with investment or long-term planning and are overly confident to the point where they believe they will feel the same way about the image for the next 60 years - it's just a bad investment. The pain and expense tells me that they believe an artwork on their skin is so important that it's worth hours of their own labour to earn the money and hours of pain as the tattoo is applied. The fact that it's unnecessary makes me wonder why they feel the need to inject ink under their skin. What motivates a person to do that? Would a well-adjusted person make this investment?
That being said, I don't hate tattoos or think less of people because they have tattoos, but I do judge them and question their motives.
What I'm trying to say is that unbalanced people are much more likely to get tattoos than normal people.

>posts on Veeky Forums
>normal people
Lol whatever bub

More normal than people who inject metal

Orwell had tattoos.

David foster wallace even had tattoos.

Of what?

>the biggest pseud in the history of literature had tattoos
Neat

A muted trumpet.

I have a variation of pic related on the inside of my right bicep.

Are you implying that most authors are regular, normal, "well-balanced" people?

Not my fault you're a degenerate who doesn't understand basic decency. Go to Nihon and see how they treat reprobates like you.

I don't think you even understood the fucking speech lol

do you know what else is expensive, painful and unnecessary?

literature

How'd you get it in there?

hence only three on the arm and they're all hunger games

I actually don't believe this is bait. This is a sensitive teenager, or someone with a teenager's unblooded certitude.

user, not everyone you meet is going to be like you or share your same values. And your judgments are informed by values that not everyone shares and (le gasp) are not universally correct. My point is: you're being a sperg. I hope you're not this embarrassing in public.

Nicely written user.

>implying mental balance
how fucking stupid are you though

you're proving his point

Toppest of keks

No, I reached the conclusion that it would be stupid to permanently cover my skin with images that my interest in is transitory. It might seem cool to have a tattoo today and tomorrow it will seem like a disturbing stain.