Do you agree with Harold Bloom's 100 geniuses of literature?

What would you add or remove?

If you think you can even understand Bloom's highly esoteric Kabbalistic rendering of Genius-examples, you're probably wrong. If you think you know enough to argue addenda and errata, you're a fucking idiot.

Bloom's a Jew's Jew, and he's outrageously brilliant and insanely accomplished as a reader. If you haven't read Philo's complete works, oh well, he has. If you haven't read Maimonedes, just remember, he has.

If you think you can out-Jew a Jewish intellectual of his caliber, you'd better have some Jews to back you up.

excellent post

I would add myself and remove all the females.

Yesod is the best sephirot

List is solid but distribution seems moronic. Anyway, you taking this guy too seriously, don't you have a mind?

I'm not on there, so no.

>not one black person
It's a good list

ralph ellison my dude. he's dead last, but he's there

This guy reminds of that little kid who would rank their favorite pokemon by power level

I've spent over 10000 hours shitposting on /Pol/, trust me, I know my jewology

>he says it looks moronic but hasn't even read the book

Veeky Forums

Percy Shelley is a woman now?

Yes. I think you deserve a spot.

So how are these grouped? In order of greatness, by sephiric theme, by sephiric theme and then order of importance, or some other way?

This is so stupid that made me cringe

Sephiric is not a word

Veeky Forumsards couldn't even exist without Bloom, he's their daily bread, what he says is pure gold. If he says Piece Of Shit is a genius, Veeky Forums will immediately read Piece Of Shit.

This is so charming. I mean this in the least patronizing way possible. You can just imagine how much fun he had making this. "Oh boy, I'll put Cervantes here and Hawthorne here and Borges here..." I wish I could love something the way Bloom loves books.

I probably just don't understand the meaning of the categories, but why the fuck is Jonathan Swift in the Kindness group? Dude wrote some of the most biting satire in English lit, and most of his characters are misanthropes.

Applying such rational reasoning to an arbitrary classification of the all-time literature is just retarded. And Bloom is obviously an autist for doing so. No wonder he pleases all the normies

It is now, bitch.

>pleb can't manipulate English grammar

Lol doesnt harold bloom remind you of a kid? Its poetry, and hes obsessed wih whos better than who. Hes like a comic book nerd for literature. A question like "who do you think would win, homer in his prime or shakespeare in his prime?" would actually get his juices flowing. He makes all these lists and rankings and tiers and talks about how "strong" writers are as if hes judging a bodybuilding contest, and babbling about the battles poets have with each other across time like hes banging action figures together. I think if he'd been born a few decades later he's be in his parents house right now doing youtube videos ranking the final fantasys.

Those YouTube rankings would be very meticulous and accurate though

>who do you think would win, homer in his prime or shakespeare in his prime?

Troilus and Cressida gave us the answer to that.

His translations of Hokhma and Bina are kinda dumb

In modern language, they have the same meaning. But in the biblical sense, Hokhma is about the more instinctual and natural stuff, while Bina is more like the ability to get insights

Gawd he can yap

Sorry, this wasn't really accurate.
Rashi made the distinction that Hokhma is what you learn from others and Bina is the things you understand yourself based on what you know

For example:
>Willingness and ability to take tips and criticism from others
>Manners and politeness
>Speaking well
>Being discrete
>Ability to convince others
is hokhma

But
>Good memory
>Quick recall
>Thinking out of the box
>Willingness to change yourself and improve
>Caring about accuracy
>Reading other people well
>Being able to invent and combine serperate ideas
is Bina

Even entering that kind of Jewish water takes a certain Jewish mindset. David Bowie was quite a good non-Jew Jew as an outsider. Any Jews clear to take us from kether to malkuth?

Remove Garcia Lorca and Virginia Woolf
Put Rimbaud above Baudelaire
Joyce above Shakespeare
Tell Bloom to kill himself for being a pleb
/thread

Misanthropy is the most advanced form of humanism.

The values behind his satire are very humane.

That makes sense. He satirized British society because he knew it could do better.

Kindness isn't 'not being grumpy'. In fact writing misanthropes is an aspect of literary kindness. Most authors would ignore the protagonism of the people who hate them.

This is a weird example, but think about David Mitchell. A guy like that, for example, would never deign to write a climate change-skeptic or any kind of nationalist with any sympathy. His writing is 'nice' but not kind.

So this guy read alot and thats why people consider him super smart?

>No Hermann Hesse

D-D-D-DROPED

> he taught himself English at the age of six.[8]
jesus what the f

How has this guy read so much and not produced any worthwhile art is the real question

>Paul
>Muhammad
The original mass movement ideologues.

They belong nowhere near Chokhmah, fuck off.

He's bardolater who doesn't believe in HaShem.