Failed my doctorate defense

>Failed my doctorate defense

Sorry about that user. What's your area?

How'd it go down.

Don't give up motherfucker. Retry that bitch and fuck them up.

computer vision for medical diagnosis, specifically with MRI

Thought I went hard, but got handed back like 50 sticky notes throughout my paper of shit I have to fix

user-san, as the wise toad said to the dragonfly:
>Within ourselves, we are all predators.
UNLEASH IT user-SAN, BANZAI!

How many SCI publications did you have?

Yas, pls post total no of publications so far

I too want to know how many publications someone about to get their Ph.D. has.

I'll probably end up with 3 to 5
This is me too

Bullshit,if it really happened your mentor should be ashamed of himself.

What was the motivation?

Yep..

Try again. Do your best.

Honestly if the real world gets you on your knees..

Then your going to need a real big ass iq.

some unis really suck, but yeah in most unis there is no way you can fail unless your mentor hates you or is really bad, like some old tenured guy who hans't produced anything emaningful in a decade.

I didn't know this actually happened, I thought they were more of a formality? How badly do you have to mess up to fail?

Topkek

Topjej

You're not the first one user.

You won't get further in your career by crying about how you failed you doctorate defence.

If you really are passionate about your field, then get back up on that horse again.

Topheh

>think up a cool idea in my field
>do some research, nobody published anything on it
>spend a year pursuing it
>scooped by some fucking kebabs and slavs
CS is infuriating

So what happens now? Legit wanna know, I feel for you man

It's okay OP, take consolation on the fact that the scientific community is probably better off without brainlets like you.

Topaea

>So what happens now?
rope

LMFAO nobody fails their doctoral defense OP
Your pic is definitely related

hang in there, buddy. If you're honestly committed to your field, get back up and give it another go.

don't kill yourself, but if you do aim for medulla oblongata like any self respecting scientist would do. not frontal lobe like most retards.....

>Kebabs and slavs are smarter than me
>No! White master race

Schedule a different date and try again. Not that dramatic.

>implying slavs aren't white
Not even mad though, they really went through with it and even made a demo.

I bet it was Iranians.

Sweden-imported kebabs

You'll find something

OK, but definitely non-Sunni. Or is the contribution trivial? I found that Muslim scientists are shit, unless Iranian.

Nontrivial contribution in a pretty difficult field. It's a novel heuristic for thread-modular analysis of lock-free structures, that allows to verify these in context of explicit memory management, so now you can verify C implementations of lock-free structures, which was unheard of. There still is a problem with shape-analysis, so i'm experimenting with separation logic and biabduction now.
Maybe, it's a pretty difficult field, but it's fresh so the outlooks are good. Still i put whole year of my life into it and i got scooped because i was working alone.

It happens user. As a scientist, you have to get used to that sort of criticism. You should already know this. You're not viewed as stupid. This happens more than you think. They're just doing their job as scientists. Collect yourself and read each and every criticism. That's the only way. You can do this OP.

Pretty much this.

Their critique may sound like they think you're retarded, but most likely that's not what they actually think.
Did you not have regular meetings with your committee? During those you should have gotten a feel for what is expected from you.

It's trial and error user.
So try until it works.

GG

Dont listen these fucking redditors, just neck yourself and end your misery, it is the only way user.

took me a few tries to finish mine. don't give up buddy.

This

Op, you've just wasted your time and everyone's time because you're an incompetent brainlet.

Take the rope

>OK, but definitely non-Sunni. Or is the contribution trivial? I found that Muslim scientists are shit, unless Iranian.

>it's that Iranian nigger that worship sun god and shitposts in /pol/

How does it feel to be inferior to Arab sunnis? Never knew I'll find you in Veeky Forums you brainlet shitskin

Just JK ofc, just for the bants