Quick question

Quick question.
I do have ADHD but whenever a doctor makes me do the "attention test" (sheet with letters q and p) I score perfectly and they dont believe me. Is this possible to happen? Any reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=r/d
youtube.com/watch?v=ttWQK5VXskA
irlen.com/get-tested/
irlen.com/get-tested
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, if they test for attention and you generate a minima/maxima/extrema (as in you get a perfect score or 0) then the test-givers have to conclude that either their instruments or measurements are wrong.

Which is all mental diagnosis in a nutshell.

Basically, my psychologist told me that I could have a mild form of Autism (asperger's) Does it make sense? (I mean i fit in most of the "scenarios"...)

...maybe you don't have ADHD

It could be haha but I cant focus on anything... I get distracted by everything, I cant read, words become just random letters... When reading a book I need to read the same page around 3 to 5 times...

Does you lose focus even if you're reading something you're interested in?

No... Which is kinda weird... If I'm interested in anything I do overnights reading it, watching videos about it and so on...

If Autism is a spectrum, and 'mild' can be 'detectable energy but not impactful', then what the fuck authority do they have to tell you that you are in 'this' box when the label doesn't matter?

Like, so a qualified person identified you as identifiable. Congrats. It literally provides you no working information.

If 'condition' is a spectrum, then how the fuck does just saying you are ON a spectrum help you interact with 'spectrums' as a whole?

The thing is that I seek for a label... I dont see my "attitudes" / "Condition" as normal, I need to know labels, names....

Things that just dont make sense such as:
-Why am I more focused on classes if I dont sleep for 24h?

But you are totally right
"Like, so a qualified person identified you as identifiable. Congrats. It literally provides you no working information." ...

Oh, I understand that. I am just saying that you sought a label by a point of authority and the answer they gave you was non-constructive.

So, how are they a point of 'useful' authority?

>No... Which is kinda weird... If I'm interested in anything I do overnights reading it, watching videos about it and so on...
Sounds not like ADHD but an extreme form of not giving a shit about stuff you don't care about

They "aren't". well they are specialized doctors, they asked me a bunch of questions and they labeled me as something that they saw fit... But one doctor does not agree with doctor number 1 which makes it inconclusive and i would love some answers about my personality

Agreed. It sounds like you are highly motivated to utilize 'self-discriminator' for your pleasures. Which is oki doki.

I think that is called 'finding your people'. So, hello.

What about your personality would you submit to being illuminated by Veeky Forums?

Not at all... I used to take Ritalin.. Suddenly it was fine! I no longer lost myself in random thoughts middle class, I no longer lost my focus just because I looked at the face of a teacher...

But then 4 months later I started to have fast bpm because of that... But the first 4 months were amazing.

About my personality? Im trying to understand myself haha
Does myers gibbs personality test counts?

Do they? You can present a value generated by some other test but until you tell me what you want that value to reflect/measure accurately then it isn't going to help much.

It's like a half empty/full glass type question and I'm just the fucking bartender. It's an open bar, just tell me the liquid you want and I'll fill it to the brim. Cry OVER spilled milk, don't 'not' order it just because you CAN spill it.

I can see how you may thing it is "not giving a shit about stuff I don't care about"

But I do care about stuff... I was that kid that had great grades not being focused on classes and not studying... Not because i didnt care but I just couldnt keep my mind there in the class

Well if you could answer my first question about

-Why am I more focused on classes if I dont sleep for 24h?

Why do I struggle to understand other people emotions?

Stuff you don't care about seems to be 'environment' and only what you can derive from it.

Need a baseline for focus. You mean you are more aware of your environment because you can't focus on the material presented by it?

Because dictionaries are the one thing you have to just 'submit' to if you have any hope of understanding a language. If you know any tech you'll know that .dic files are the common attack vector.

That's why the first doc said Asperger's
--
When I am 24h I can study, I can take notes in class, I have a better memory... This doesnt make sense to me since every google article says the opposite
--
Maybe, but it makes it difficult to understand what other people are feeling... also I cant look into other people eyes... I lose my focus really quickly, I feel uncomfortable...

By the way... Do you think Adderall may work? In my home country it was illegal, but its legal in the country I'm in right now...

I ask this because Ritalin/Concerta worked for sometime before i started to get panic attacks and so on...

General physicians over-diagnose ADD and ADHD, so they can prescribe amphetamine medication, because big-pharma makes billions a year from it, and they pay back handers to the GPs as a loyalty reward.

Literally no other reason.

Same goes for anti-depressants too.

stimulants make everyone more focused you fool

>the medication works therefore I have the illness

>ral physicians over-diagnose ADD and ADHD, so they can prescribe amphetamine medication, because big-pharma makes billions a year from it, and they pay back handers to the GPs
There is no point about taking medication??

By the way if i cant focus I need a stimulant, or am I completely wrong?!

I find memeology to be a pretty good way to communicate. Lemme know if it is doing anything for you.

Because to my mind, this is how 'your brain' reacts (bottom panel).

In an autistically literal sense.

>9
I liked that, but still I'm trying to figure the easy solution for some time... If I cant focus, If my mind starts to have random thoughts when I should be focused. What is the easy solution?
Quitting University and my job?

>ause to my mind, this is how 'your br
Thats usually my reaction to stuff but more angry than sarcastically

Ooooh, your Process Engineer.

I get it now.

What?

I dont like anti-depressants they make me feel numb and apathic...

Amphetamines were illegal in my country so I never took them, just methylphenidate which got me panic attacks... Just curious if amphetamines would make any difference

A process engineer.

You enjoy engineering process by utilizing measurements/instruments in order to illustrate/manipulate identifiable sub-process.

Basically you don't give a fucking about the big picture that is presented to you, because 'you' always know that there is one before that.

Process. Take this statement for example.

I Am Process.

>cally you don't give a fucking about the big picture th

Ahah you cannot imagine my smile about how accurate it is... Yes thats me.
But still its not a medical Label... Medical labels help other people understand you, medical labels allow you to google more about yourself, to see more accurate things to help you find your ways to deal with that "problem"

Are you now satisfied with how this thread has answered your question?

I think he still wants a diagnose he can put into google and find an answer of what is his "problem"

Kinda, it took another way from my first question that was about not being able to focus.
My mind goes:
-Think about a song, the song remembers me eggs, i remember about scambled eggs, I remember about what im having for dinner, I remember about how should I cook chicken, fried or grilled.
This is an example of my line of thought at the middle of a lecture...

but yeah overall im pretty satisfied

I cant find anything... Its like those things:

I have a running nose
Google: You may have nose cancer

I cant state all of my "problems/abnormalities" on google because It cant give me what this thread can, different opinions on a specific thing rather a shady website with similarities to my problem.

If i take the similarity path, then i have Asperger's which i don't totally believe it

Ah, so he wants a problem.

Or does he just want a methodology whereby he can provide fuzzy information to identify 'potential problem' so he can offload that process to 'something more qualified'?

Because i'm pretty sure 'just google it' is the answer to that question.

Song = Quantum (random information, who cares right, it's your favorite color/song?)
Eggs dinner chicken -> generate a traversable list that connects all these 'seemingly random' thoughts. You are just flexing your brain muscles.

Is there a group that will take pity on you and give you money for it?
>What are Autismbux?

I did the "just google it"

I know that im "just flexing your brain muscles." but not voluntary, i need to focus on class, not on that stupidity...
But it happens every time almost everywhere.

I dont give a fuck about pitty, Im trying to figure myself out. Im trying to understand what is the "label" that doctors cant find... Is there even a label or is it a bunch of labels together?

About the just google it. If i write something like "cant focus on classes" those first results will be around adhd
If i say: I cant understand people emotions. The result is asperger
If i say: I cant sleep
Depression
If i say, I sleep too much
Depression

You see? I'm just looking for a label that has all of this together if there is any

But well, I appreciate all of your opinions, memes or not. It was good to see another perspective that I couldn't see on google

Well, why are doctor's relevant in the first place? I mean, is it a medical condition that inhibits you?

Or is it JUST how to cope with an unknown methodology via group situation/interaction?

You keep getting the isolated answers to isolated questions and forget that they all add up to 'you' the individual. You are the sum of it. Just like math, you must be the conclusion of your own arguments + some constants + set within which to consider it.

Science just declared a boolean variable of 'unable to perform group tasks that we culturally identify as normal'.

All you're really saying is : You wish you knew there were more people like you who understood things like this, because then you'd have friends, or 'your people'. It's like finding out identity can be shared and isn't an evil thing.

>ew there were more people like you who understood things like this, because then you'd have f

Yes, you just nailed... The last sentence is all correct.

Doctor's relevance would let me know what should I do... Because every "problem" has a good thing... Having adhd makes me more energetic and creative for example... Its a way of improving myself by knowing what I'm dealing with

And there you have it. This is all just communication. How far are you willing to go 'hello' and define that as a word of safety/shared infinity.

That's why over these past months all my shitposting has been plastered with a really basic message of just: Hello.

And the more groups realize all is permitted/sustainable, we could all just get on with healing.

I just got mine from a heavy smack to the testicles of life-long suffering. But I was so autistic I didn't realize that being so neglected as a child was somehow bad. I just filed it away as 'normal', but most people just kill themselves. Totally get why.

Eh, I'll turn off the feeling faucet there. Probably a bit much.

Kinda relatable the last part...

Another thing (probably the last because i dont want to bother you anymore)
I get to visual on my thinking and yesterday I saw myself killing myself... Like visualizing the act of hanging myself to the ceiling / and seeing myself stabbing to death...
I got so confused that I couldnt think, I got blind on rage...

Now I did it too much...

Btw the personality was intp ;)

Thank you about the "A process engineer." thing! I find it useful :)

Thank you for being the first to interact with me in this way.

I had to do a lot to even reach this point. That's how hard my life has sucked (counter-balance).

Just spread the love, fellow chrononaut! :)

>hronona

My pleasure! We both needed something, even different but we both ended up thanking each other!

I wish you the best!

Actually, one more thing that might make you happy too.

Measurement is 100% Replicant divided by Discriminant

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=r/d

I'm overthinking about that message. Im trying to find different meanings in it...

Love

That's the keyword to get out of the loop of if you can even identify or be hesitant to engage in something that is 'overthinking'.

Im not fluent so maybe I lost something in translation

Dont talk to doctors about it, they want to sell you adderall, talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Hmm makes sense...
Maybe im unlucky... not family love, not girlfriend.. but i do feel that having that would change my life in that aspect

Who are those people who know what they are talking about? Will i spend more with them than on Adderall?
I need to find those people for sure, I agree with you.

Yes. More of 'who the fuck are 'our' people?' Using medical labels, a field of 'healing', would never know how to let 'you' go because they really care.

It's like... reverse-munchausen. The healing system HAS to over-care, but because nobody talks (social discourse), they can accidentally strangle progress.

Im glad you could understand what I meant my liking medical labels. If i just "google it" I would never get the chance to feel understood like you did.... (And I wouldn't get a nice explanation)

I would recommend that you look for local psychological practices that offer more than just diagnosis, but things like cognitive therapy and other similar services. Not only are they more experienced and more honest in general, but they can also offer non-medication based treatments.

Thank you, this is useful information! I'm still new to this country so I dont have a clue about where am I will find that in my city but its a good start!
Appreciated!

Damn. I’m writing an essay on ADHD and AS, and my “condition” as I read this. You put my conclusion into a coherent form. Thank you, faggot.

Then does it make sense according to your essay?
If it does then you just answered my question

Indeed it does

youtube.com/watch?v=ttWQK5VXskA

I heard that anti-depressants work by actually changing the structure of your brain, literally, and not in a good way too.

Apparently it wasn't known until a few years ago what part of the brain anti-depressants actually targeted, and what its long-term effect was, but we know now that it regulates gene expressions in your neurons, altering their pathways.

For real, get off the anti-depressants. It's pretty much a common meme now that they make you irreparably crazy long term.

I stopped taking antidepressants, I didn't knew about changing the brain structure but I didn't felt like me. It was like a hole that I was covering with leafs and I could fall at any moment.

And if I can't focus on stuff, taking antidepressants is the worst. Im just a body without a life

Someone here with bioinformatics knowledge I can ask some quick questions?

Some believe that ADHD is part of the autism spectrum.

I've heard so.. It's like the start... Imagine a line, in the beginning is adhd, middle aspergers and autism in the end.
(I'm the one who started the thread)

I'm not very convinced it's a line, but check this. I don't know how conventional it is, but I like the structure.

AFAIK not being at all interested in things that aren't on your mind at a given point, not necessarily just things that aren't your interests, is characteristic of autism, and I think probably also of ADHD.

Yeah, I like that one and never saw that image but I do find it interesting. Thanks!

I'm also a bit uncoordinated which matches up with the second part of the picture

Never heard about PDD NOS, soon as I get home I'll search about it... It may be it

After some long reading I fit more into the AS than the PDD-NOS , this second one I mentioned is more body focused (like it says on the image "Is there a physical Component")

And I'm more mentally rigid than stubborn.

"The child is similar to a person with Autism but symptoms began at a late age" - The so called symptoms for me started as far as I can remember.

This was really good to do some self - analysis
Ty

But if you mentioned that you were "a bit uncoordinated" maybe you can have High Functioning Autism which says: "mental component (yes) "

My psychologist told me that sometimes reasonably intelligent people can sometimes compensate for their ADHD. On simple tests, your can figure out what happened in the gaps, even if you missed it.

I think its true, I used to have excellent grades on school (and I was never focused and I got lots of times to the principal office because of disturbance and bc I wasnt "working") but right now it is a bit hard to keep up that way in the University...

It's not about beleiving. ADHD IS on the autism spectrum along with most other mental disorders. To put it simply its a spectrum for those whos brains deviate too greatly from the norm.

spectrums are circles.

this
NHS are a fucking drug cartel, it may sound extreme but true
this
there is supposed to be a genetic link between the two (i have both YAY!)
if it happens alot while reading you may have irlen syndrome, irlen.com/get-tested/ fuck about on the style tab while your larping on here, see if a particular colour makes your eyes tired or loose concentration quicker/longer it may help

pic isnt related but funny as

I dont have any experience with the NHS since i just got here... Should I just drink tea and hope i get better?

--
Yes makes sense since the adhd problems on the spectrum are like "involuntarily selective".

--
Colours? I wasnt expecting that.. I'll do those tests then! Thank you for the tip

>irlen.com/get-tested
I'm pretty sure everyone has more than 3 yesses on the questions... In the long test I have more than 50% "yes"

It does sound like ADHD. Adult ADHD has this very prominent factor: having trouble focusing but not on stuff you are interested in

I haven't seen anything to evidence that ADHD is widely considered an autism spectrum disorder, but I know some think it is, including me, my psychologist and a few others. It may be very common but I don't know that it is.

By the way, belief is just another way to say you think something is true with some degree of confidence.

Spectrums are not circles. They can be but not all are. It's a continuum; no other structure is necessary.

ADHD is over diagnosed and you most likely dont have ADHD.

ITT: OP is a hypochondriac about having ADHD and is being psychoanalized by a man with schizophrenia named Simon Cosgrove.

>Which is all mental diagnosis in a nutshell.
You dont trust in mental diagnostics? That’s hilarious and not at all surprising at the same time. I didnt know that was possible.

"Adult ADHD" Im just at the beginning of my life and I do that as long as I can remember

>what is ADHD
You physically can't give a fuck. OP doesn't have ADHD, though.

Well I convinced a psych I had attention problems even though I clearly don't (never have trouble reading, studying, paying attention in class). I just wanted that swee sweet methylphenidate.

>and not in a good way too
Depends how you're taking it. SSRIs and other serotonin antidepressants increase BDNF in the brain after a few weeks, but unless you have brain cancer and being untreated, I don't see how that's a problem. BDNF allows for more neuroplasticity, you decide what said neuroplasticity is applied towards.

Maybe you're confusing the very real, but extremely rare, cases of psychosis caused by 5HT2Cr antagonists, like prozac, but that literally can only happen if you're already schizoid/schizotypal. That only happens when there's a misdiagnosis about having a mood disorder when it was actually a disorder inside the schizophrenic spectrum.

>To put it simply its a spectrum for those whos brains deviate too greatly from the norm
Wow is schizophrenia inside? Because the anatomy of the brain of an autist and a schizophrenic are literally opposites.

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Stimulants worsen autism symptoms.

Do antidepressants increase BDNF in depressed patients or in everybody?

I swear that ADHD, autism, and narcissism are 3 sides of a triangle of emotional doom.

> PDD NOS
> physical vs mental stimulation differences on the spectrum
Thanks, user. TIL.

I don't know, I don't even think that has been studied. It would be intresting to know, though. What I do know is that an "increase" in BDNF in a depressed person is more like a "normalization", because depressed people tend to have poor BDNF production.

Stimulants have been studied far more vastly, and it is a known fact that they do increase BDNF in the brain regardless of "condition", with the only limiting factor being the dosage (i.e. if it's too high, you might be burning more neurons than you can regenerate).

I can't focus on anything. Trying to focus feels physically painful to me because I get a headache. I obviously can't focus when studying for college. But not only that I can't focus on things I want to do either. I can't focus on reading books on stuff I am interested in. I can't even focus on video games. I went to an art exhibition of an artist I like and I could only look at a few paintings before I got bored. Reading a 1000 word internet article feels like an achievement to me.

All I can really do is consume low-effort instant gratification content but it doesn't give me any joy. I feel so useless.

I've been told that it's not ADHD. Meanwhile people with ADHD were able to finish college and work before even getting diagnosed.

What the hell do I have then if it's not ADHD?

This

I can't focus on the shit I enjoy for an extended period of time. Trying to read a math book because I fucking love math, fail to read the same paragraph 4 times because I looked away from the book at something totally minor.

weird thing is I used to be able to play an hour long game of LoL without any issue, stayed glued to the screen even after the game ended

>can't focus on the shit I enjoy for an extended period of time. Trying to read a mat

So same...

Sounds more like anahedonia caused by depression rather than a problem with focus itself. Focusing on things I love can be a problem because I tend to hyperfocus. I enjoy things that give instant gratification too, but because I don't love them as much as other stuff, I only tend to binge-play vidya when I'm depressed. Normally I can't play for more than two hours because I start shifting my mind towards other things.