Why can't US taxes follow a comfy function?

Why can't US taxes follow a comfy function?
Instead we have these ugly brackets.
Under Trump's proposed tax plan a single person with a gross of $50,000 will have a net income of $45,000 while someone with a gross of $50,001 will have a net income of $40,000

This person will have to make $56,250 in order to once again have a net of $45,000

What function can we use to keep taxes decent and viable to the layman?

I think a cubic root type of function is the correct start

Pic unrelated

brainlet. taxes are already progressive tax. your $50,001 guy will have $49,999 taxed as sub 50k bracket and then $2 as 50k bracket.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to vote

I am not even from the US and I know that US taxes do not work like that. You are completely retarded and I really hope you kill yourself for the betterment of humanity.

What?

When you go up to the next bracket only the money that you made above that bracket's base gets taxed at the rate of that bracket.

So in your case of someone earning 50,001$, only that single extra dollar would be taxed in the new bracket while the 50,000$ would be taxed at the rate of the previous bracket.

Remember kid, stay in school. You may be retarded now but you don't have to be retarded forever. So go back to school and drown yourself in the toilet.

>When you go up to the next bracket only the money that you made above that bracket's base gets taxed at the rate of that bracket.
Ok....
>So in your case of someone earning 50,001$, only that single extra dollar would be taxed in the new bracket while the 50,000$ would be taxed at the rate of the previous bracket.
Sorry I don't follow. Lol!

Grumpy pants

First time I ever SAGED my own thread

[math]T(x) = taxrate_{50k} * (income-50k)[/math]
ofc, there is more than two brackets, but you get the point.

Counter sage
On second though I'd still prefer a comfy function
Not this bracket shit

Wow you guys must be really smart

Say you make $100 in a year, and there are five tax brackets within the $100 income range.

They are:
1. 0% from $0-20
therefore 0% of $20 = $0 taxed

2. 10% from $20-40
therefore 10% of $20 = $2 taxed

3. 20% from $40-60
therefore 20% of $20 = $4 taxed

4. 30% from $60-80
therefore 30% of $20 = $6 taxed

5. 40% from $80-100
therefore 40% of $20 = $8 taxed

Under these five tax brackets, if you earned $100 dollars in a year, the sum of tax you would pay would be the sum of the tax brackets sets, which is (0+2+4+6+8) = $20 tax.

Therefore, your income after tax is $80.

>I decided to talk about taxes without even knowing how they work and made an ass of myself
>OH GRUMPY PANTS! SAGE!

Was it autism?

>Under Trump's proposed tax plan a single person with a gross of $50,000 will have a net income of $45,000 while someone with a gross of $50,001 will have a net income of $40,000
that's not how tax brackets work you fucking moron

>Remember kid, stay in school.
They don't teach kids a damned thing about taxes in US public schools. If people had any idea how the system actually worked people like Trump would never get elected.

No, but I remember that in school they had a computer lab and they taught us the basics of how to use a computer, like how to type.

When OP, who must be like 8, reaches that stage he will then know how to type "Google.com" and then how to type "How do taxes work please I am retarded" and be able to learn how taxes work.

>If people had any idea how the system actually worked people like Trump would never get elected.

That is something nice coming from the camp that just admitted they literally laundered money through the DNC to fund Hillary Clinton. Say what you may about Trump and the Republican Party, but at least they are not criminals and crooks.

Are... Are you flirting with me?
We've been through this

They tried in my school
We had one semester of financial literacy
It was this teacher that told me tax brackets work that way

>It was this teacher that told me tax brackets work that way

He definitely didn't it. I know that because unlike you, your teacher pays his taxes.

Pls no bully:(
I'll show you my dick to prove I'm over 18

Taxes are automatically taken out in my state numb nuts, for tax returns we just hire someone

He definitely did say that
I ask "so making x amount of money would actually net more than making x plus one that's in the next bracket"
"Yeah I guess it would"says the teacher that you don't know anything about

>Say what you may about Trump and the Republican Party, but at least they are not criminals and crooks.

>Yeah I guess
And that is the universal statement of 'I am in a position where I should know this but actually I don't, so let me asnwer with some handwavy response'
Your teacher had no idea

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HER TURN!!!!

Before this thing, that guy was Literally who?

And it turned out the scandal is completely unrelated to Trump or the Republican party.

>Letting a woman be president
Huge mistake, unless you want a period to start a nuclear war.

before trump took office, the security forms that literally everyone filled out before they could work in the white house were taken so seriously that if you lied about a minor drug infraction twenty years prior in college, you were fired the same day the discrepancy was discovered

now, we have multiple people in the white house who have lied multiple times to congress, and they still have jobs

it's the most disappointing the american government has ever been

Veeky Forums is disgusting in general but what I'm the most disappointed about is how much they all support Trump

He's beyond corrupt. He's against conservative values, he's just an evil person.

>NSA director
>We do not keep logs of citizens without a warrant
>Said under oath to Congress
What did Obama do about that?

bless your heart

>whataboutism
Please. Past political corruption does not excuse current political corruption. All corruption is bad.

Don't prefix your posts with things like "before trump took office" then. This kind of deception being so rampant in everything that comes from your media is why your party has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of the American people.

its because they don't actually care about the country, they just want to be entertained. truly a disgusting version of cynicism/nihilism

This. That's what strikes me as so depressing about every goddamn debate over every goddamn scandal that has legitimate cause for concern. It's not even the legitimate argument of wanting further investigation before coming to a conclusion, it's "Well Hillary was a crook!"

Nobody gives two shits about what Hillary is or isn't. It's not about that. There's no campaign to discredit Trump, it's just genuine concern for the safety and integrity of our Country.

>Don't prefix your posts with things like "before trump took office" then.
No, I won't take that back. The specific statement I made is still true. If you lied on the SF86 in the clinton/bush/obama years, you were gone. That's indisputable fact.

You just replied to a post citing an example of political corruption in one of those administrations and even admitted the existence of "Past political corruption".

Did you not read where I said, "Past political corruption does not excuse current political corruption"? Are you illiterate?

You're retarded. That user is using a singular point of evidence, for which he's not wrong. You might bring up evidence that suggests something else is going on, but it doesn't disprove the claim that lying on that particular form would have you gone.

Why the fuck are you even on Veeky Forums? The correct way of going about it is:
Premise: If you lied on the SF86 Before Trump, you were fired.
Premise: Currently, multiple people in the white house have lied to congress without penalty.
Implication: Lying on the SF86 is comparable to lying to congress
Premise: Lying to congress is a disappointment to the country.
Conclusion: Post-Trump White house is a disappointment to the country.

You can then posit your own evidence;
Premise: NSA director lied to congress in a pre-Trump administration

But then instead of talking about how that contradicts the implication, or how that might give rise to redundancy in the argument (that Post-Trump America is a disappointment, but that it's not necessarily causal), you decide to be a little bitch baby faggot and whatabout.

The discussion, or the problem then, is isolating causal factors- what about lying to congress is bad? Is it the act in and of itself, is it the intent, is it the form in which it's done? Those parameters should be made clear on an ideological level, and backed up by evidence and logic, or else you're being a gay fuckwad who's at best no more than a little better than the /pol/ish retard who spouts memes instead of sourced facts or logical arguments.

You're not as bad but your implication should probably be an explicit clause. You've shown evidence of corruption that didn't exist in a prior administration, but the point the other user makes is as follows;
You are saying [ONLY] after Trump, there's corruption. That's extrapolated and wrong, but it's what he's gathering because you cited evidence that can imply that.

/pol/ retards are just stupid but they turn everything into a word-battle based on their tribalistic in-group biases instead of an actual pursuit for truth

These people are utter scum and anti-intellectuals. I used to dislike conservatives for their immoral ideology, but now I hate them even more for their blatant anti-intellectualism. I hope Trump takes away all of their healthcare and these retarded flyover state NEETs die of AIDs for their crimes against humanity in supporting this corrupt organization

Well said

Did you even comprehend his post?

dont stoop to their level

/leftypol/ retards are just stupid but they turn everything into a word-battle based on their tribalistic in-group biases instead of an actual pursuit for truth

These people are utter scum and anti-intellectuals. I used to dislike leftistss for their immoral ideology, but now I hate them even more for their blatant anti-intellectualism. I hope Obongo takes away all of their guns and these retarded pozzed urban NEETs die of AIDs for their crimes against humanity in supporting this corrupt organization

Oh wow, I also watch rick and morty!

I've never watched a single episode of Rick and Morty in my life

Thanks for doing exactly what I just pointed out, again. Engaging in anti-intellectual discussion tactics. I never claimed to be a genius, but you're proving yourself to be worse than intellectual neutral. And you don't even care, it's all just a meme for you

kys

Why are you pretending like political corruption is a partisan issue?

>not memeing on a Mongolian basket weaving exchange board
It's not like your post had any substance to begin with.

Why are you appealing to false moderatism and whataboutism? Republicans are in power, and they are exhibiting supreme corruption yet you're all ignoring it and talking about a failed Presidential candidate any time it's brought up

Anyone who says "But Hillary" when someone points out that Trump and his associates are obviously corrupt is not being intellectually honest. Hillary doesn't matter, she's a fucking loser and a nobody. We're talking about the President because HE is the one with the nuclear codes right now. Kill yourself

That's no excuse. "Let's shill a corrupt idiot and ignore any criticisms of him, while making up bullshit about the alternatives who lost the election" this has an effect on people

>Not memeing on Veeky Forums
>Not memeing on le-reddit
>Not memeing on CuckBook
>Not memeing in real life
>It was all just ironic
>Now the trust fund retard has the nuclear codes

Kill yourself, all of you anti-intellectual morons who think this is a joke

Were you so concerned about political corruption and corrupt cabinet members lying to congress before January of this year? Hillary lost because her party had a bad track record of dishonesty and cronyism fresh in peoples' memory. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say that a democrat will win the next election or the one after because this administration's dishonesty and cronyism will be fresh is peoples' memory.

>Anyone who says "But Hillary" when someone points out that Trump and his associates are obviously corrupt is not being intellectually honest. Hillary doesn't matter, she's a fucking loser and a nobody. We're talking about the President because HE is the one with the nuclear codes right now. Kill yourself
That is the fault of the American election system. If there would have been a third option, all but hardcore biblebelters and itsherturntumbleristas would habe preferred that third option over the choice they were given.
So, for lack of choice, people chose Trump, because "BUT HILLARY".

No, Hillary lost because of finely-tuned propaganda orchestrated by user data from Cambridge Analytica, paid for by the Russians, and spread all over Twitter and Facebook to target swing state. And because the majority of Americans are idiots.

Are you even paying attention to the news at all?

Even if he won by 80% of the votes it doesn't make him good, even if he had 100% of the vote except for me, it doesn't make him good and not corrupt

Do you understand any of the finer points of democracy and just reality in general, or are you really this stupid?

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Anyone who takes things posted to an anonymous message board as truth does not deserve democracy and therefore it is a good thing if /pol/ is destroying it.

Your post doesn't mean anything

What point are you exactly trying to make here? That the Trump shills didn't vote for Trump and shill for him during the election? The opinions of /pol/ are not fiction, these people believe it. And if they don't they are severely mentally disturbed and taking part in some sort of cult-like groupthink.

>Russians
Muh Russians

>Put the word "muh" in front of something and it's immediately disproven

Why do you people again and again prove me right. I hate this country, I hate humanity, you're all idiots objectively

>And if they don't they are severely mentally disturbed and taking part in some sort of cult-like groupthink.
I think you're starting to understand how this whole 'meme' thing works

>I hate this country
>implying it's better somewhere else
>I hate humanity, you're all idiots objectively
That I can agree on, and it includes (You)

>Hillary lost because of finely-tuned propaganda orchestrated by user data from Cambridge Analytica, paid for by the Russians, and spread all over Twitter and Facebook to target swing state.

Is that really true though? I agree with you that the majority of Americans are idiots, but even they are not stupid enough to let slide things like the greatest wealth transfer in world history and the almost overnight establishment of a surveillance state.

>I think you're starting to understand how this whole 'meme' thing works
So you care more about memes than reality and the future of the most powerful country on Earth

You don't have your priorities in order and are immature.

>almost overnight establishment of a surveillance state
Wasn't that post-911 legislature passed under bush?

Not saying that Obongo couldn't have changed it, but I think it was not the fault of his term.

>I don't know how taxes work please explain it to me.
You are taxed only on your income that falls in the bracket which means everyone has the same taxes for the first 50k they earn and the increased taxes are only on the money they earn after that 50k.
People with a gross of 50 k have a net of 45 and people with a net of 50k + 1 have 45 + whatever fraction of 1 dollar the bracket above 50k is.

I don't think you understand how stupid the majority of people are. People are really good at repeating phrases that kind of make sense in their mind. It happens all of the time, and it gives the illusion that they're all sentient beings aware of the meaning of what they're saying

Most people use talking as a form of social bonding instead of as a method of communicating between organisms to reach a group consensus based on adherence to the rules of the external oracle called "the rules of rational and evidence based thought"

Most of these people can't get jobs better than manual labor, retail, fast food, or menial office paperwork organizing nonsense. Do you really think they are capable of even thinking about politics or ethics in a reasonable way and coming to reasonable conclusions? Or do they just offsource their thought to others. They offsource it user.

Anyway whatever all of this is falling on deaf ears. Modern society is only a few hundred years old, people can't handle it, for thousands of years we've had rulers jamming truth down our throats, and for millions of years we just lived in caves and trees. Most people aren't prepared for the new age and are just objectively stupid. I don't mean that in a demeaning way, but in an unfortunately accurate way

>50 and 000
>45 and 000
>50 and 001
>40 and 000
>56 and 250
Fuck off back to whatever shit hole you came from.

But even those miserably stupid people have the ability to reflect upon their current standard of living and decide whether they want it to change or not. People voted for Trump because they were unhappy with their lives under the rule of that political establishment. After Trump, if they are still unhappy with their current situation (which they likely will be), they'll vote for someone else. Even if they can't understand the politics and economics behind the situation, they can still reach simple conclusions like "my life was better before Obama, so I should vote against his party this election."

>Kys
>Using lersonal attacks
Typical Lefty

Muh
>>Put the word "muh" in front of something and it's immediately disproven
>Why do you people again and again prove me right. I hate this country, I hate humanity, you're all idiots objectively

This would be a fine solution if it worked, but it doesn't. This isn't some all you can eat buffet where you can try our everything with no consequences. Trump is dismantling extremely important government agencies and engaging in regulatory capture. The ripple effect is in play here massively, even if he was impeached this moment.

Furthermore, you're assuming these people are even capable of a full reflection on the issues or have the right priorities in order to begin with

Imagine a world where everyone's needs were taken care of by a government whose inner workings they have no comprehension of, and by science they have no comprehension of and never will, even if they wanted to which they don't because liberals and academics and experts are just stuck up idiots and these voters only need their common sense, right? It just doesn't work

Yep, personal attacks are typical of liberals not conservatives. Go into /pol/ right now and post something even vaguely liberal, even a well thought out opinion. All you will be responded to with is personal attacks over and over

Thank you, not one single person has mentioned that

>Whataboutism
Please. Past/pol/ remarks does not excuse liberals using personal attacks.. All personal attacks are bad.

>If people had any idea how the system actually worked people like [any current politician] would never get elected

>Please. Past political corruption does not excuse current political corruption. All corruption is bad.

>before trump took office, [good thing]. now, [bad thing]

Do you see how you're being hypocritical? Besides, you say
>now, we have multiple people in the white house who have lied multiple times to congress, and they still have jobs
as if that is a new phenomenon that wasn't widespread before. It was, and it always will be. Stop expecting government to be moral. It never lives up to your expectations. And stop being a hypocrite while you're at it.

>/pol/
>conservatives

>No, Hillary lost because of finely-tuned propaganda orchestrated by user data from Cambridge Analytica, paid for by the Russians, and spread all over Twitter and Facebook to target swing state.
ahaha
hahahahah
You talk like you actually believe that
You talk like you actually think $10,000 in Facebook ads by Russians swung an entire election
You are an idiot. Also quit with the reddit spacing. Hillary lost because she campaigned very poorly.
>Are you even paying attention to the news at all?
"The news", meaning, left-wing sources like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, etc.? The only one that even pretends to not be left-wing, Fox? None of those are news. Not anymore. They're for-profit, multi-national corporations with clear political agendas. You give them such power in this post, ohh, "the news"? Don't you know "the truth" because you watch "the news"? And in the same breath you think $10,000 in Facebook ads swung an entire election. At the same time you act like only Russians would think to meddle in our elections, as if every nation on Earth doesn't want to swing the only superpower in a way that benefits them. No, you're an idiot, and you're believing this Russian narrative, for which there is zero evidence. Normally when I see a post like yours I dismiss it as obvious trolling, but your previous posts with the identical writing style seemed serious, so I worry you're actually, legitimately retarded. The good news is you can stop being retarded by realizing this Russian thing is complete horseshit. That will get you started.

>So you care more about memes than reality
So you think they're not the same thing. You're wrong. They are.

>period
>in hillary
>what is post-menopause

drumpfkins really are retards. i cant believe we let this guy get the nuclear codes

>What function can we use to keep taxes decent and viable to the layman?

[math]Tax=0.08*Income[/math]

>flat tax
If you are going to enact a flat tax you might as well just turn on the gas chambers and throw some jews in, you fucking nazi.

Conservative values are shit though. Most of the people who voted Trump are ok with social spending as long its only for whites. Less government and taking the constitution as a holy piece of paper is retarded and even inconpatible with the inconsistent values many neocons hold.

Just have a solid tax like everyone pays 1000 dollars. the most fair.

This sounds like a great idea. How many gas chambers should we build with that new tax money you fucking nazi?

>Do you see how you're being hypocritical?
I don't, because I'm not. I'm seeking to apply the same high standards to everyone. If someone in the Obama administration lied to Congress, I think they should have been punished just as much as I think someone in the Trump administration should be punished.

I actually had a teacher in high school that told us the exact same thing. He said, "sometimes you might want to turn down a promotion because it may put you in a higher tax bracket and you will take home less money."

>The absolute state of american education

On a different yet related topic, social security is the opposite of a progressive tax.

If you make less than 127k, you'll be paying 12.4% of your total income.

OTOH, if you make 254k, you'll be paying 6.2% of your total income.

I think a flat tax for social security would be a great change compared to the fuck-the-poor system we have right now.

I also had a teacher that said this. A fucking math teacher. Looking back, I understand why they were teaching highschool.

Anybody making over 50 fucking grand will fucking survive. Help us get off foodstamps give a job so we dont need welfare, Less lower class!

>Half my paycheck
Fuck

Being middle class sucks.
>Work 40 plus a week
>Taxes have really high effect on your lifestyle
>Obamacare made health insurance insanely high.
>Rich ppl buying all the houses
Should I just kill myself?

Dynamic systems usually have complex, dynamic interactions

also people who can't pay go to prison

True. If we had an active, competent voter base, it would have never come down to Hillary or Trump at all. Doesn't change the fact that Trump wouldn't have gotten elected.

DUMB DUMB DUMB! I AM GOING DUMB!

Or instead of all the retarded over complicated solutions, why not just tax everyone as a fixed percentage of their income? The only special cases needed are capital gains taxes, and maybe those making over $400,000 per year.

How about you dont go to college for womens studies and art history instead of making competent humans that made good life choices carry your dead weight? If you cant find a job, go to trade school. It will take 1-2 years, and you will come out of it making good money; there is literally never a shortage of skilled trade jobs.

How about you get your creepy fingers out of my pockets, socialist scum.

How about you move to Somalia if you don't like publicly funded infrastructure and emergency services?

In the UK you get taxed the greater amount only on every pound you make over the threshold, rather than your whole income being taxed the greater amount once your total goes above the threshold. Didn't realise the US system worked that way, seems really stupid.

That's because it doesn't as pointed out by literally everyone with a brain in this thread

What do you mean by comfy? The United States despite being egalitarian is still divided by class like all capitalistic societies.

comfy is just a code word for boring desu

No, it is just that you're fucking retarded.

brainlets and children pls leave

While I agree our income tax system is anarchistic bullshit and is a relic of a time when computational power was not cheaply and immediately available everywhere, OP is still a massive idiot faggot.

>the greatest wealth transfer in world history and the almost overnight establishment of a surveillance state
A. Trump has been a massive disappointment on all fronts, but these two are especially bad.
B. You're as much of an idiot as any Hillary supporter if you think these factors played any significant part in Trump's victory. Dissatisfaction with the system of Financial Capitalism we live in and the massive amounts of legalized corruption in the government have been the driving concerns that tore the DNC apart, but Trump won on a wave of cultural disillusionment.