Exercise for improved cognition

Beyond cardio, and weights, what exercises can improve cognitive abilities?
>inb4 the meditation and yoga memes
I'm talking tangible physical exercises, with no spiritual context or placebo effects

The mental benefits of meditation and yoga are well-established though.

Minesweeper

Meditation doesnt have to be spiritual in any way, and there is loads of evidence proving its effectiveness in reducing stress. Stress inhibits cognitive ability in most cases so do the math.

>meditation
>placebo
At this rate you'll be stuck being a brainlet forever.

Try Tai Chi for 90 days.

These. Also, purely muscle-building and intense exercise shit is more likely to be detrimental or irrelevant to your cognitive ability. Whilst yoga (depending on how deep into you go) and meditation, including the shallow exposure to philosophies related to these, will do a lot more for your cognitive ability, and retaining a disciplined and introspective mind.

Citation needed you fucking idiot. (Because it's not true). Exercise helps the brain, especially strength training. You think CNS adaptions are you getting dumber? Jesus Christ you're retarded.

chopping wood

I like cycling. Can be short and intense or long, giving you time to think. Always feel refreshed and energized after, same with running. Anything cardio does it for me, weightlifting just made me feel physically tired and not mentally refreshed when I was into it. But that varies person to person.

Really though, nothing physical you do will improve your cognition as much as just studying/working will. It's better than TV or some shit for sure, and I think it's crucial to life a satisfied and balanced life, but look at the scientists/mathematicians/philosophers who achieved the most throughout history. They weren't exercising a whole lot. If you want to get smarter, study.

"I have never read a physics or a mathematics book, but I meditate daily."

Albert. W. Einstein, 1945

Calm down kemosabe. Meditation would have kept you calm and disciplined instead of getting bent out of shape.

"I'm a huge faggot and suck a lot of dicks"
You, 2017

>I can't handle being called out for being a pseudo-intellectual poser
- You, 2017. Maybe you should've meditated a little harder buddy.

"I will meditate and then destroy you!"- Dhalsim, Street Fighter 2

I don't care what you say about me, just feed me (You)s

Then why aren't all chads smart? HURR DURR LIFT HURR DURR SMASH PUSSY HURR DURR BASIC HUMAN TENETS

have you considered going vegan?

walking, it is the habit of all men burdened with an excessively cognitive brain

Ur beautiful user-kun

Exercise doesn't make you smart. As far as I know, it mostly just helps with blood flow to the brain which is a good thing for cognition. Also, when you're dumb to begin with, getting smarter doesn't mean youll get smart enough to stop being dumb.

there has never been a genius in the scientific history that was know to exercise to increase mental ability
it has always been about genes
some people need to use some chunk of their daily lives to clean their face of grease
others don't even need to think about those problems as it never existed for them in the first place
some people waste some chunk of their daily life to fappenings and then another chunk of time to know how to get rid of that behavior
other people inherently don't have that sexual desire in the first place and they can't have it because their body is designed that way
if you are not designed to be good at something you want to be good just give up

Fuck off, pescetarianism is the best faux-veg diet for human health (look at the Mediterranean and Asia), vegetarianism and veganism are only beneficial for the environment and animal ethics.

>Designed
Yeah, this retard knows nothing.
Unless you've been genetically engineered the evolution of you and your ancestors has been almost entirely random outside of human attraction standards and even they can vary wildly.

wc lvls ???

Let's just say, I have the profession cape. ;)

:0

This nigga doesn't know about the proven benefits of meditation. Point and laugh everyone, point and laugh.

Distance swimming - the control of breath element boosts the effectiveness of the cardio. Downside is that you are inclined to gain weight - the cooling effect of the water triggers high metabolic demand and people tend to overdo the correction.

Enjoy consuming lead and other toxic heavy metals and becoming a retard

Mercury*