Is there a way one angry man could wipe out all life on earth?

Is there a way one angry man could wipe out all life on earth?

Not just humanity mind you, but ALL life.

What would he have to do? What would have to happen?

Picture unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla's_oscillator
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. Life is a pest. The only sure method I can think of completely remove it from Earth is to deorbit the planet in the sun. Actually we can't do this, so it's impossible to completely cleanse life.

Invent an AI that hates life

Does venus have life? Is there a sure fire way to get a runaway greenhouse effect going on earth?

venus doesn't have life AFAIK, but bacteria specimen from earth can survive in venusian atmosphere/pressure. Some bacteria can survive in open space. This is the reason probes are sterilized before launch.

cobalt salted nuke

source: beneath the planet of the apes

Destroying the ozone layer (which we KNOW is easily doable by humankind) is a good way to do some damage. What you really wanna do though, is somehow shut off the Earth's magnetic field.

That thing is WAY taken for granted. No one ever talks about it despite how godamn vital and finicky it is.

Bioweapons.
Its is not as hard as you think to manufacture them.

No need
Eventually some gamma ray burst will JUST our entire species up

So stop the core from rotating? Good luck with that.

>our entire species up
It's ALL life faggot not just people.

So essentially what happens in the movie The Core?

There is no conceivable way to end life without removing all forms of exploitable energy

not forever but maybe for a while?

Life is a pest. 7 billion people with billions more lifeforms. Now matter how small, someone or something will be immune

Nigger this isn't a movie.
All you need is yest fermentation pot large enough like the ones that are used for milk industry and culture of nasty strain of antrax or whatever else.
24h delivery time thanks to Amazon and 24 more hours to grow the colonies.
Release in big metropolis.
There you just infected thousands of people that will most certainly die and all of that from a single infection point.

some lifeforms will survive

when our sun dies you will get what you ask for

before we get into the semantics of what life is let me remind you that we pretty much have the means for extermination for any and all life on this planet.
They vary in form but we have them.
I suggest you get educated before asking stupid questions,no they are not theoretical or philosophical ones just incredibly uninformed and stupid.

Missing the point. Sure, let's make 80% of that city died off (black death was 1in3, so only 66%. But that 20% tho, gonna be immune.

how can we kill life in the deep sea we don't even know that it exist yet. there could be lifeforms that just don't give a fuck.
about what methods do you talk excactly?

i'm not OP btw

>we pretty much have the means for extermination for any and all life on this planet.

and these are?

Methane clathrate

>what would he have to do
Invent self-replicating nano-machines. Grey Goo is the only man-made apocalypse that could kill absolutely everything.

Deep-sea life around hydrothermal vents will survive. As will life under the ice in Antarctica, and in deep aquifers.

the oceans would dry up and I assume so would aquifers.

>and I assume so would aquifers.
Considering we're finding evidence of liquid water aquifers on Mars right now, I don't think that's a safe assumption.

Mars doesn't have plate tectonics. if the aquifers aren't getting remade and refilled by a cycle they will eventually be buried and burned alongside any life within.

It might take millions of years but if the process isn't reversed in some way it will do the trick.

Nothing in the universe really happens.

Stating things without giving any proof or examples are the best methods of making a point

Yes in fact. The right circumstances. And earth is shredded in pieces.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla's_oscillator

Glhf

I once calculated the requirements to building a town sized nuclear thermal rocket on Ceres fly it to mars orbit. I'm sure crashing that into earth
instead could do it.

This is the main plot in a sci fi novel likely. Some angry guy commits suicide, but right before he does, shoots a von Neumann probe into an asteroid belt to return a hundred years later with an army to wipe out all earth life
Does anything like this happen is anything you have read? I’d love to see this.

You can just pulverize the surface with rocks until it's totally molten. The resulting ecological destablization should kill even deep marine life. Anything else would already be super fucked.

>only cowards carry weapons awareness
what is weapons awareness and how does one carry it? is it a book? how is sesame street's cookie monster involved?

I support this post because it encourages smart people to think seriously about how to destroy all known life on earth, which would optimally have the secondary effect of preventing a single (probably rich) human being from ever achieving biological immortality and escaping into the starts. If there was ever a situation where the crabs were right to pull the striver-crab back into the bucket, this is it.

What good is science if it just allows future generations to live better while you yourself do not benefit immediately? The man who plants the tree whose shade he know he will never rest in, is not therefore wise. He is instead a cuckold and a fool.

If scientists were not merely curious and instead truly wise, then they would cease to incrementally improve human technology when the real redounding benefits are always a generation later than their own personal enjoyment.

Nor is is any sort of a retort to say "but my children will live better". This is again a form of cuckoldry, except it's nature itself that is cucking you by imbuing you with your false desires that your progeny should do well, or better than yourself. Why should they? You'll be dead.

Conventional wisdom about the passage of inter-generational knowledge and wisdom in general, is a form of nature-cuckoldry which tricks old people into reproducing society. Smart old people who still have enough T say fuck that, and blow it up.

Equilibrium is impossible. Better that the entire species should be ended than that a single organism should escape to the stars.

good surefire idea; short of this I think stoking general nuclear armageddon is the next best practical bet. We could work on this by goading NK with hackery.

>The man who plants the tree whose shade he know he will never rest in, is not therefore wise. He is instead a cuckold and a fool.
Spoken like a true MGTOW member.

Back to /pol/.

Convince everyone to be gay and anything that produces asexually to stop.

>sidesteps the substance of the idea with simple ad-hommery, because for him to engage the substance of the idea itself is for him to acknowledge defeat in the realm of ideas

Go on, you're right. I'm a straw man.

You said "cuck" unironically 4 times using the /pol/ definition. You're a retard.

invalid rebuttal, because the word obviously has rhetorical effect when used properly. It got under your skin just now, and it elected a president. You haven't even entertained the /broader/ senses of "cuck" in which I clearly intended my language just now, because you don't want to.

HUR I'M LEFTISTS HE SAID ENGLISH WORD HE BAD HE MGTOW HE BAD

>only cowards carry weapons
>t. police

What about the flood? Parasitic colony of organisms that can travel through space and infect hosts with entirely different genetic material. The flood is an intelligent hive-mind that uses corpses of various hosts in order to complete well thought out, planned tasks. I'm betting if this was actually feasible, all life on earth as well as all extraterrestrial life would be eradicated.