How to Cure Aging – During Your Lifetime?

youtube.com/watch?v=MjdpR-TY6QU

Discuss

I think it's possbile. But I do wonder about the definition of "cure aging", I mean yeah you can look young your entire life but whats the point if your bones dont do the same, or your muscles.

That's why they're trying to rejuvenate bones and muscles too

There are definite social advantages to looking young.

What's the point if you can't modify germ cells.

Muh ethics will kills this.

Image you still young,healthy and able to make love,create children in your 80s.This would change how the society work

Probably, probably not.
If the population is immortal there wouldn't be anymore that intrinsic need to procreate (excluding the pathological cases where individuals thinks that babies are the equivalent to pets) so society would continue like it would be frozen in an instant of time.

i recall reading about researchers were sequencing the gnome of whales and found a gene in the dna of a species of whale that lives roughly 200 years. the gene produced a protein that assisted in the checking of dna/rna during cellular replication

>employment until your 150 yo
>wife first got pregnant when she was 75
>lost virginity on my 100th birthday

living the dream

Just imagine if you were able to live 1000+ years while your parents both died around 80 years old.

You know, my philosophy teacher believes firmly that we'll be among the first to experience near-immortality. Sometimes I think that he's overly optimistic and just glorifying our youth, but what if he's right?

It would definitely be sad to think that if millennial on average are the oldest generation to survive long enough for anti-aging treatments that 1000 years down the road our parents/older family members would be but a fleeting memory.

why not, I look forward to see the post singularity society and enjoy living my personal universe simulation, maybe Mass Effect themed, would be nice

> 1000 years down the road our parents/older family members would be but a fleeting memory.

bro if this anti aging thing becomes a reality and we also get robot parts, we could just store our memories in a hard drive and remember them clear as day.

I suppose but it would still suck to see people you knew miss the cut off.

>If the population is immortal
No one say you are imortal just that you still young until your 80s day and you will dead when it come to 100s

More like you just wouldn't die due to age. Illness or other causes of death would still affect you.

I've heard that scientists are working on a suppository full of lab created stem cells.

The video is extremely simplified and covers only a small part of the techniques required to "cure" aging. Also kind of surprised he talked about human trials in the beginning but didn't mention any later on.

Anyway, it's not going to happen within our lifetimes. Clinical trials for drugs normally take decades, for this field it takes a lot more both in mice and humans (hypothetically, if there will ever be actual human trials that attempt to rejuvenate tissues) and the problem is more complex than almost anything else in the field. Too many things go wrong with aging.

Biologically immortal is what I meant which has not the same meaning as invincible as you're saying but it's used as such nonetheless

What if I'm tired of living?

No shit sherlock but there's no ground to your statement on whether we'll see it in our lifetime. Your assumption is only as good as the next guys.

Freeze em

Keep going forward. Find ToE. Recreate them.

Not really, I explained why it won't be a thing in our lifetimes, I didn't make a baseless prediction. The clinical trial length ALONE will take up a lot of time before anti-aging interventions become commonplace even if the science wasn't as underfunded as it already is. You'd need everything to work out exactly like you want it to, but that never happens.

Clinical trials wont last for long as they are now. Science is becoming increasingly descentralized.

What this guy said You're still just making assumptions based on current trends in pharmaceutical trials. Who's to say what will be available in 50 years. Your assumption is still just a guess.