Daily reminder to learn a new language

daily reminder to learn a new language

But I am, I went from not speaking a word of French a few months ago to now reading Camus' L'Etranger

then fucking kill yourself

I might, I haven't got to the end yet

Daily reminder to fuck off.

He was almost two thousand years old in that pic? WTF!?

Congrats, user! Solid progress.

Hart Crane

I'm learning Esperanto. Opinions?

Stop.

WHY
Eh, I can read in four and can upgrade to five with a few months of work.

kill yourself

I speak English and French at first language level, should I learn Spanish, German or Italian? Or something else?

And Hart Crane is too gay for my liking.

>poisoning your mind with foreign thought processes
I don't think so

Don't know bruh. I got duolingo without really having a language in mind and there was Esperanto. I just kind of was drawn to it. No real reason except that.

if you're an avid reader french and english is enough bye

I'm learning Italian, my good friend.
I picked up a bunch of books by Italo Calvino and now I'm forcing my way through them using a dictionary when needed, occasionally stopping to translate pretty sentences to Portuguese (my first language). I am on a pretty smooth ride to be honest, Italian ain't that much different from Portuguese. I will study grammatical rules after picking up some vocabulary.
I want to learn Norwegian next, but I'm not very comfortable in dealing with non-Romance languages and I still need to work on my English.

Why french? English is the only essential.

German

because of translations

Yes but french authors aren't much more important than say... German ones.

yup but let's say you can't read german
probably something popular in germany's going to be translated into french
i think it's a localation thing idk but i bet there are tons of german books that haven't been translated into english but have editions in french

Your English is pretty solid, keep it up

>I want to learn Norwegian next
Hit me up when you do this. I want to learn it as well. It's like retarded German, I love it.

I thought about learning swedish. Is it worth it? Or should I just learn arabic?

If you already know German it's a hop, skip and a jump.

If you know Swedish you can learn Norwegian in a month. Same with Danish.

Besides English I'm a native Hebrew speaker and now I'm trying to learn German. I didn't make much progress since I started because I suck at self learning.

How specifically did you do that? I want to do the same

John Unterecker would make a great pen name.

ITA!

Dat hebrew literature though. So underrated and widely untranslated

Maybe my perception is warped, but it seems like Italian is neglected on this board.

What authors do you like?
I love Hebrew poetry, but never really got to novelists since I'm reading mostly English literature.

Solid, did the exact same thing last year.