Cure Internet Anger?

Veeky Forums is famously a pretty angry board. I'm wondering if we could brainstorm what could CURE internet anger?

You've all been there. Some of you are about to be there now. You say something, some guy argues with you just for the sake of arguing, or says something angrily for literally no reason, as someone is most likely about to do to this thread post.

You respond, in the heat of the moment. Angry. And debate back. The debate goes on for as long as one of you damaged souls living on Veeky Forums goes to sleep. Only to repeat the next day.

Is there a solution? Are there any websites that are not severely moderated or controlled, that have solved this issue? Is there any way to CURE...

Internet anger.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Y-O-S-H
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 first person says no

Ignore whatever angers you, if you don't respond the agressor will stop and find an easier subject to anger.

yes indeed, prevent is the answer.

>post on forum
>tell someone he's wrong
>immediately told to calm down and stop being angry
The easiest solution is to not respond to imbeciles that are actively looking for something to be offended about.

Don't respond to people who use angry language. It's one of the ways of detecting them. They use insults in their posts. Most people don't. I know on Veeky Forums there are a lot more people who do. And from my experience those people are likely to argue with you if you say anything to them.

Sometimes, or a lot of the time, it's so bad that if you post an opinion you're better off never coming back to the thread unless you want to see angry lobsters clinging to your post.

>angry language
Language is not inherently emotional, interpretation is. I can call you a retard and it will not be in anger from my side, but rather pity.

>provides example to post he's replying to, classic

Having said that, being on the internet for a long time I can usually read someones emotions thru their text.

>knowingly responds to it despite original post concluding you shouldn't
How many layers of meta are we on right now.

unironically, Xanax.
ironically, stop using Veeky Forums.

I don't know but I enjoyed your last post. (The one I'm replying to.)

I totally understand. Clonazepam rx for me. Xanax's longer lasting cousin.

I don't recommend anyone get addicted to tranqs for any reason, but I understand how they can calm you down when you're in a really rough spot.

Because HUMOR is the cure, if you have not used prevention to stop it in the first place.

But humor is massively harder to win someone over with over the internet. It's probably down to a bit of luck.

>post debunked racial iq differences stats for the 789th time
>gee gais why u so mad?

bump

How? Sense of Humor. (Black Humor)

Why is Veeky Forums angrier than /g/ and /pol/?

/pol/ is a board of full Sarcasm, Irony & Satire. /pol/ know how to take a Joke not to seriously.

Veeky Forums take Jokes too seriously. That's the problem.

When Jokers come to here telling Jokes such as"Earth is Flat", "Moon Landing is Fake", "Robots & CSPajeets will steal your McJobs", "Buziness Chad vc Scientist Cuck Virgin", "There are Infinite Genders", "Math is Misogynist Patriarchy", "Evolution is just a Theory", "Scientists suck an Engineer's Cock"

Veeky Forums as a typical autists can not take a joke, being triggered too easily

/pol/ & /g/ can take a joke, Veeky Forums can't

The cure is to get up and walk away from the screen.

>Hey VSauce Michael Here

Is the Guy on OP's Pic Michael VSauce?

Retardation isn't really funny, you know.

Kill Simon Cosgrove. Problem solved.

But he's solved the Millennium Problems and speaks in such a way that literally fucking no one can understand. So smart, so cool. Why would you want him gone

I want him gone because of the heavy amount of sarcasm in your post.

Derp

OP here: Herp.

Herp Derp

>Retardation isn't really funny, you know.
Retardation is Funny

The British Comedian starring as Mr. Bean, Rowan Atkinson has MSc in Electrical Engineering

MSc in Electrical at The Queen's College, Oxford

Atkinson describe Mr. Bean, as "7yo child in a grown man's body".

Rowan Atkinson when acting as Mr. Bean just pretend that He's retarded just for the Lols.

Herp Derp Wojak

OP here, also a fan of Atkinson. I enjoy the pic. Thanks for bringing the smiles.

>Pretend to be retarded just for the Lols.

But I like being angry on the internet

Only in the dystopian future, snowflake!

Deleting all the *chan boards would get rid of 90% of it.

Seriously though, it runs quite a bit deeper than just the internet. Social groups are just tribalizing so rapidly these days, primarily over the political divide. Particularly true in America, though Europe is seeing much the same. Just horrific levels of disunity and fracturing on an "us vs. them" basis. Dealing with anyone opposing your group is like walking on eggshells, and on the internet, you're free to say everything you're thinking. The internet is just a free flowing reflection of the hatred we hold for one another, normally kept in check by the fact that, in real life, there are consequences for words as well as actions. Doubly so on anonymous boards.

Only internet side solution is draconian moderation, but that isn't addressing the core problem. For that, you need some sort of social unifier that drastically alters typical human behavior, and generally speaking, that means hatred of something else.

As one geek said, tribalism is what makes civilization possible, but it's a double edged sword, as people make towering totems of hate that have little to nothing to do with the people they believe to be the objects of their hate.

So, your best bets are, inept alien invasion or a really well thought out airborne CRISPR retrovirus that somehow raises empathy to the point where folks can always see the other side, without crushing motivation, or blinding them to cruel necessities.

Mass LSD dosing is my answer

Think we have enough folks with massive paranoid delusions fueling the anger as it is.

將UX和UI翻譯成二進製文件

我讚揚了學者的王國。

github.com/Y-O-S-H

>yay

Seek help, Simon.

Some people here are poor kids who are being tortured by the government, some are spoilt rich kids who are mad because they're spoilt as fuck.

There isn't much of a solution, I was in the former and I just stopped coming on here years ago. I also calmed the fuck down.