What did you learn or study today Veeky Forums? You DID learn something new today... right?

What did you learn or study today Veeky Forums? You DID learn something new today... right?

Other urls found in this thread:

zmescience.com/research/brain-scan-biological-differences-mental-disorders-432532/
nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp201322a.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reading Plato.
Probably smartest man to ever walk the earth, right after Newton and Euler.

>In the Timaeus Plato presents an elaborately wrought account of the formation of the universe. Plato is deeply impressed with the order and beauty he observes in the universe, and his project in the dialogue is to explain that order and beauty. The universe, he proposes, is the product of rational, purposive, and beneficent agency. It is the handiwork of a divine Craftsman, who, imitating an unchanging and eternal model, imposes mathematical order on a preexistent chaos to generate the ordered universe (kosmos).

>deeply impressed with the order of the universe
That's how I feel when I study geometry

Learned how to find surface area of shapes in calc

The number of protons determine the element the atom forms.

The Egyptians hardly ever used mixed numbers or fractions with numerators larger than 1 in their arithmetic. Instead they expressed most quantities as sums of unit fractions. So 5/8 would be written as 1/2 + 1/8. This seems really inconvenient.

It's simple, but it's a start. Keep at it, user.

well anyone that learned anything reasonably unknown would not share that knowledge because of economic advantage so anything posted here is either elementary or fucking stupid.

>What did you learn or study today Veeky Forums?

The idea of this thread wasn't to post revolutionary new ideas. Why would you even bring this up?

studying cylindrical coordinate system, polar coordinates, lagrange multipliers and iterated integrals

You would be surprised what can be learned if you look deep enough.

Beginning forcing in set theory, so forcing conditions, filters, generic sets. Started linear operators in measure theory.

Lmao we're already at green's theorem slowpoke

Working on project for programming,learned a bit more about using methods in java. Pretty good time. Also learned how centre of mass works, and some other applications of l'hopitals rule.

Learned about the Naive Bayes classifier, cache organization, floating point variables, and direct modulation between two distant keys

Prepping for my mechanics exam.
Just some basic shit about motion and energy, but I've never liked physics all that much.

t. 1st year chemistry student

Today has just begun. I learned my roommate is particularly messy and doesn't pick up all of their trash.

My social medicine exam is presenting a poster about basketball. I am learning something, technically, but it's like it's almost making me more retarded.

Cool, glad to know you completely missed the point of this thread.

I'm just going through the geometry module on Khan Academy rn

>he's smart because he says something most people who have ever lived agree with
Yikes.

I learnt about sensory receptors

Youre delusional

Plato is a talentless hack and his republic is basically north korea

Just basic mechanics and dynamics for me today

Well, I learned a parkour vault, the speed step. That's pretty much it. Sorry for being a brainlet.

OP here. Never be ashamed of learning something, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. If you learned something new today, you know more than you did yesterday.

I learned that the natural numbers have no least element.

>the natural numbers have no least element.
proof needed

currently trying to beat some calculus into my brainlet ass

any suggestions for making more progress?

True. Thanks man.

Just finished Homo Deus by Harari. I was conflicted at first but I've grown to like his views, especially those on dataism.

I learned about Lagranges multiplier and realized I suck at algebra.

I just learned today that engineering might not be for me after all. I still don't understand what the fuck is going on in my Statics classes and almost passed by 1 point on my midterm. Shit's depressing

I managed to get out of bed and shave today. I guess that's something. Can't say I learned anything new though.

Try to teach it to someone, in some way. Try to figure out proofs/write proofs instead of things like simple repetition. Try to make universal rIles or applications based off concepts you're learning. Tbh doing practice problems if you're not that far yet is pretty effective too. What are you learning?

I learned that sand dunes are created by sand tat is blown in the air and is collected on the crest of the dune. that sand later disperses across the fore of the dune that is the part that take the brunt of the water and wind that hits the dunes. and that the entire thing is held in place by roots of sea oats, and rail road vines.

Idk, I learned a bunch of shit about the city of Athens, Greek Art, and the Temple of Aphaia. Now to work on math in Khan Academy. Baby steps.

I learnt that I'm a stupid fuck and that integrating embedded software is not that easy. I hope my boss won't discover that before I get paid that month.

I learned that I probably got a D on my Calc 3 exam. Kill me.

TIL, Sometimes the electron carries the current, and sometimes it is a hole (absence of an electron). Bassically how you make Semiconductors, by doping with impurities.

Is it rare to get, "0000"????

Repeated games. Excess dopamine give rise to schizofrenia and lack of dopamine give rise to Parkinsons. Approximation algorithm for the disjoint path problem, approximation algorithm for the dominating set problem.

i learned that neodymiun magnets are an alloy

I don't see why not. Couldn't 0 be the least element, or 1?

I learned about orbitals and energy levels and the periodic table

Learned that I hate fourier transforms

A# is the same as bB

I learnt some biophysics today

I learned about earthquakes and the moment magnitude scale

C++ is the same as C#

I learned I was shit at memorization

Some stuff about Navier-Stokes.

>falling for the learning meme
>falling for the doing stuff meme

I learn that twisting copper wires shorten the wire length noticeably. Which made me start all over again with the proper length fml.

(String[] args) creates an array of strings for the user to input special options for your Java program using Bash/cmd/whatever

read some hegel

coded one of my experiments, great success

I learned a set of equivalences for when a class of algebras satisfies a relation.

I read some threads on 4 chan and the knowledge that people are overwhelmingly both brainlets and awful human beings was further reinforced. I also observed that people in US REALLY love shooting each other apparently

Thevenin's Theorem can be used in application with op-amps to make two-point systems, so I guess it's a good thing I'm actually paying attention in my networks classes

I learned how to solve quadratic equations.

There is empirical evidence for distinguishing bipolar and borderline personality disorder:

>An easy-read version: >zmescience.com/research/brain-scan-biological-differences-mental-disorders-432532/

>The paper (paywalled): nature.com/mp/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/mp201322a.html