How can you learn so much

I m currently studying CS and it really fucks with my mind.
You always have to learn something, often we do graded shit so you cant just say I dont do anything for a week.
How can you learn so much? I mean I have no gf etc I have to impress etc
I just do it to not become a wageslave who earns nothing. But I really miss the days where I could just be lazy.

If you don't like what you are doing you will consider suicide everyday even if you are not a wageslave. If you don't like it, drop it.

no matter what you do, you will always have huge gaps in knowledge. don't worry about it

But I dont like anything. What the fuck am I supposed to?
But it is not like I dislike it I find it interesting but it is so much work, all day. Even if I dont do anything I always have in my backhead that I still have to do things because you have never really finished.

But the knowledge gaps will result in failing my degree kek

i really enjoy the feeling when i suddenly understand something i didn't before.

>But I really miss the days where I could just be lazy.

being lazy makes me depressed, which makes me more lazy. you probably miss not having any responsibilities, which i miss too.

Good luck senpai

Sitting all day at home for weeks makes me depressed too but this shit too.
I miss the balance. In high school I had things to do but I also had weeks in between where I really didnt have much to do where but here it seems like a constant workflow, always having to do something.

Why cant that shit be more balanced?

Thanks I guess

everyone does better when they find that middle ground. try taking 3-4 classes instead of 5-6 if possible

yeah (OP here) I am definitely the opposite of what you´ve just written.
My family is not a bad family but there is no support in such things. I do my own stuff and also rarely talk about what I do. I also have no friends.
I am just tired to having to work so much because even though I find it interesting I never liked the idea of working all day.
Guess it sounds like I am depressed, a little probably. But it is not like I am sitting here wanting to kill myself.
I just would love to have a balance from this stressful world. Studying a few hours a day and having a gf and friends and enough time to live a happy life. Guess that´s not how it works.

That sounds pretty nice but that´s not hwo it works in my country.

>computer science, chemistry, and biology require basically at most, advanced algebra
>physicists and mathematicians don't say nothing
>engineering requires learning and using all calcs, diff equations, and linear algrebra
>gets called stupid by physicists and mathematicians

But the programming classes are hard

best advice here. don't do it for the money. do it cause you like it. but if everything mildly interests you, go for something the thing that pays well enough but doesn't make you suicidal. i'm an EE, but i was suicidal before I made that decision.

Take classes until you like it.

Math curriculum for CS at my university is
> Calc 1
> Calc 2
> Calc 3
> Linear Algebra
> Discrete Math
> Advanced Linear Algebra
> upper level math elective

If you don't love what you're learning you're wasting your time and should reconsider your life

because engineers are always bragging about how hard their major is

*at least

there's literally nothing i enjoy doing

I'm just kinda in CS to be honest, not even for salary reasons ( i dont care about that) i just kinda shrugged my shoulder

CS is the closest thing to something I'd do over something like Chemistry or English but I still dont enjoy it.

engineering majors are usually the most work heavy because of the multitude of STEM classes. required. I mean getting 6 hours of sleep is a good day for an engineering student.

You can't get a real comp sci degree without 2 calcs

calc is completely unneeded for comp sci

All that work to be replaced by the Chinese. Manufacturing doesn't exist in the states

How's it not? Computer science is 99% working with functions

because it's unnecessary to have that level of math
A proofs class is all you really need

Discrete Math is the only thing a CS major really needs to learn. Especially if they just want to go engineer software

What field doesn't? Anything dealing with, video games, finance, audio, apis, data analytics, AI/machine learning etc. I mean only code monkeys don't do Calc or web.

I mean you can just look those things up if need be.

If your argument is for
>cs grads needs this math class so they know how to implement x

Then its baseless

>engineer software
>just discrete math

As someone who has taken all those math courses I do know what I am talking about.

The only thing a CS grad really needs is Discrete math & Statistics

>learning maths is hard

stfu my man

>engineers work in factories
Dip engineers create the blueprints of the product not the fucking physical product in sweatshops.

It actually is for the majority of humanity.

>The only thing a CS grad really needs is Discrete math & Statistics

Spoken like a true code monkey.

OP, don't listen to these brainlets. If you want to get good at CS, you need understand the underlying theories.

Here's a list of books to start you out:

A First Course in Logic: An Introduction to Model Theory, Proof Theory, Computability, and Complexity
Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation
Algorithm Design
Algorithms
Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs
Automata and computability
Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools
Computability
Computability and Logic
Computability and Unsolvability
Computability, complexity and languages
Computability: an introduction to recursive function theory
Computational Beauty of Nature
Computational complexity
Computational Complexity - A Modern Approach
Concrete Mathematics: A Foundation for Computer Science
Convex Optimization Theory
Discrete mathematics
Elements of the Theory of Computation
Graphs, Dioids and Semirings – New Models and Algorithms
Handbook of Logic in Computer Science
How to prove it: a structured approach
Introduction to Algorithms
Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation
Introduction to the Theory of Computation
Lambda-calculus and combinators, an introduction
Mathematical logic for computer science
Mathematics for computer science
Meaning in Language
Modern Operating Systems
New Turing Omnibus
Queueing systems
Speech and language processing
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
The Algorithm Design Manual
The Annotated Turing
The Art of Computer Programming
The art of computer systems performance analysis
The Nature of Computation
Types and programming languages

You literally don't need any of the math besides discrete math, stats, and advanced algebra.

>computer scientists, chemists and biologists make novel advances in their fields
>engineers think the rote memorising of equations that somebody else made is hard

>rote memorising of equations
at least im not stupid enough to think that this is what engineering is

I’m in your shoes OP. I’m in CS and I wake up everyday dreading having to code. I enjoy discrete math but I fucking hate coding more than anything. The time tables for labs and projects just make me anxious and I always end up with tons of errors. It’s not for me, I enjoy doing some coding and webdev as a hobby but I fucking hate coding. I don’t mind having to do hard work and studying but I just hate coding. I think I’m going to switch to a math major

but how do you feel about coding?

Kek funny how a brain works when it’s stressed and angry

Yea novel advances while an engineer builds actual shit.

Actual shit that is only possible by the novel advances of scientists. Enginiggers should really be on their knees thanking us.

This desu

I decided to just man up and do the work for the classes instead of complaining and doing the bare minimum as per usual, and halfway through this semester I found I actually enjoyed learning the material.

It's a really strange sensation when you notice a feeling become its opposite.

Now I think motivation is the result of continued discipline applied over time.

>implying you have any idea how your computer or other tools you use actually work

It sounds like you..

1.) Don't know what you want to do with your life.

2.) Don't use any sort of planner or schedule.

3.) Are Depressed (I was too whenever I found out that I wasted two years paying for course work that had nothing to do with my true long-term goals).

Set damn goals, user. By this I don't mean, "MY GOAL IS TO BECOME A COMPUTER PROGRAMMER! I WANNA DESIGN VIDEO GAMES!" I mean spend an hour per day thinking into detail about where you would realistically like your future self to look like, and then think about how your past has led up to you shit-posting at this very moment about some pathetic shit.

After you have your long-term goal set up, then you should break that up into a hierarchy of smaller and smaller goals. Whenever you think your goal is small enough, then go a step further. This should eventually lead you to thinking in the right mindset. That mindset being something like, "I need to go to bed in the next fifteen minutes in order to adequately keep on schedule. If I deviate off of my schedule, then that will lead to A, which will lead to B, and B will ultimately close me off from reaching the best future I can obtain."

Do you know how much time you waste per day? You'll only figure this out after setting yourself up on a rigorous schedule with something like Google Calendar. More than likely CS is not fucking up your mind, as it is more than likely that you are fucking up your mind.

Speak to your academic adviser about how you're doing in your courses right now, which courses that you find difficult, and how you can set up your course schedule for next semester to give you a crutch so that you can get on the right path in regards to your study schedule.

Just know that college courses require you to follow a schedule from day one for successful completion. Waiting until you are half way done with the course to start rigorously studying for it is a quick way to becoming a drop-out.

you insufferable niggers have synergy.

If we required captcha to be Calc 2 questions then only physicists, mathematicians and engineers would ever post here.

What about linear algebra and statistics?

hahahahahaha

i wish it worked that way. it's retarded to think that tho