There's no such thing as god

>there's no such thing as god

God doesn't exist.

>God doesn't exist

>actually, the Big Bang just happened by itself

God refers to the creator of the universe.

What is the Big Bang.

to be fair, you have to have very high iq to understand god

god refers to a conscious being, the big bang was an event

why couldnt it happen on its own, that whole thing called cause and effect doesnt happen in the quantum realm

>god refers to a conscious being
Nope. You're just an atheist in denial moving goalposts.

>why couldnt it happen on its own, that whole thing called cause and effect doesnt happen in the quantum realm

>I'm just gonna tell this fag "no" and then act like I contributed something.
Maybe if you put down the goalpost you accuse him of moving, you'd be a little more useful at basic refutation.

user, if you can explain to me what happens in sizes smaller than planck, please fucking enlighten me.

Is God real?

Well, there may be a creator, even something possessing some sort of consciousness.

But a "human-like" God like in our religions should be obvious nonsense to anyone with a decent science education.

>cause and effect exists
>god can't exist haha xD

why do mods allow these threads?

So if we can explain all of the universe without needing to implement god, why the fuck would we ever need to consider the existence of such a rubbish theory.

The idea of a Creator should be obvious nonsense to anyone with a decent science education.

>if
we can't as of now. god is the best theory we got.

*tips fedora*
maybe if you're one of those 'God is a man in the sky' faggots. But considering we have yet to solve the hard problem of consciousness it's not out of the question for there to be God in some sense.

SHHHHH!!! This is the line of logic that lead to Socrates's death!! Do you wanna be killed to!?!?

In all seriousness, the concept of god is just an excuse to rationalize or explain terrible and horrible things that occur.
>flood wipes out town
>guess town was full of sinners

>my entire family dies
>god is testing my resolve

>I just murdered 3000 people
>God must not have liked those people for allowing me to kill them all

thats just religion you stupid fuck

god is independent from religion.

Lmao. How can someone make a post like this without seeing the irony. You do realize that your post essentially boils down to what I did? Just saying "no"? Why didn't you try to refute my "no" by pointing out how the original comment was correct? Jesus christ you arrogant teenagers are a wonder. Anyway: "God" doesn't have to be conscious. Nothing in "god" itself warrants consciousness, even if some very popular god(s) are (depicted as being) conscious. A better definition, and more accurate, is that God is that which created us or led to the creation of us (i.e created the universe or that which lead to the creation of the universe)

Now, please tell me how I am moving goalposts. Bearing in mind that this post, and the post you replied to are my only posts ITT.

>But considering we have yet to solve the hard problem of consciousness
How does the existence of a metaphisical being, can help to explain the problem of consciousness?
Also i don't get, what make being conscious so incredible, it is probably just a mechanism to deal with verbal comunication.

>god is independent from religion.

Which god you talking about?

Verbal communication is a property of more advanced self awareness but it isn't a necessity, look at great apes for example. If awareness/consciousness is just an emergent property of a complex universe, how can there be a separate aware entity like many perceive themselves to be? Awareness is unconditioned, is never born and never dies. That's 'God' to me.

>A better definition, and more accurate, is that God is that which created us or led to the creation of us
By who user?
Did you just pulled that out of your ass?
There is nothing in the definition of the word god that requires it to be the creator of the universe, Zeus was a god and he had nothing to do with the creation of the universe, as most of gods.
The creation bullshit is only central to abrahamic religions.

Also is no reason to belive that a supernatural being is necessary for our existece.

But I never said it was the all encompassing definition of God. I called it a more accurate definition of God. It's not perfect, but checks more boxes than most and describes almost all monotheistic Gods and a large chunk of polytheistic ones. Also Abrahamic religions did not invent God creating the universe.

>Awareness is unconditioned, is never born and never dies. That's 'God' to me
It doesn't seem to me, Conciousness seems to manifest only in a physical body as a property of it and not as something indipendent (because it's mostly a tool, used to coordinate the body and to comunicate both verbally and non verbally, in order to fulfill the biological needs of the organism).

That's true, but what I'm trying to get at is that the awareness that physical bodies manifest is undifferentiated. Another way of saying this would be that we all 'look through god's eyes'. I don't know if it arises as a mechanism for evolutionary fitness but what I do know is that it precedes perception and communication. It's the one unchanging element of our experience, everything else is ephemeral but awareness is always manifest like clear void. Thought forms, perceptions, feelings all arise out of awareness but they are separate and conditional--anything that 'arises' is subject to 'passing away'. Awareness is the sky, everything that emerges from it are clouds. Obviously I can't see through your eyes but it's almost like each individual's awareness is like a refraction from a single diamond if you get what I mean. That's my basis for an afterlife if there is one; "I" don't go on (my memories, perceptions, beliefs, ephemeral things), but the awareness does. I really hate throwing around scientific terms like Deepak Chopra but I feel like conservation of energy ties into this theory pretty neatly.

there's only one god.

The concept of God, as described by theologians, commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), divine simplicity, and as having an eternal and necessary existence.

> the attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), divine simplicity, and as having an eternal and necessary existence.

To gain empirical data about retardedness and timewasting.

Awareness is a biological function, it exists only in a body and it's just a mechanism to react to the external world in order to survive.
Conservation of energy has nothing to do with conservation of consciousness or awareness.
But the fact that matter is constantly changing but the total sum of energy in a closed system is constant.
Awareness is a product of a functioning brain, wich is a material object. And it isn't something separate from it.

not eternal. try again.

It will exist long after you're dead and this planet has been burnt to a crisp.
Eternal.

>Awareness is a biological function, it exists only in a body and it's just a mechanism to react to the external world in order to survive.

>conservation of consciousness

?

riddle me this, why is consciousness not conserved when someone falls asleep lol

That's the purpose of Veeky Forums as a whole.

It's called dreaming, user. There is no "I don't have dreams lol", you just have bad memory recall

didn't exist in the past. not eternal.

>It's not perfect, but checks more boxes than most and describes almost all monotheistic Gods
but "conscious" does that but even better...you're a retard.

is this loss

Where can i find the chart of geological eras in this image?

Ive had

but who took the bottom left picture