Overrated theorems

What's the most overrated theorem in your mind? pic related

Since this is supposed to be an intellectual board, do you have any reasoning as to why you think incompleteness is overrated?
I agree it is hyped, but I fail to see how it is not a theorem that doesn't deserve the hype.

There are better theorems that are not rated (by morons) as highly. Lowenheim-Skolem, compactness, etc.

Thus, it is overrated.

Anything Zorn's lemma, axiom of choice, Tichonoff, that sort of stuff. Who gives a shit?

ALWAYS the one faggot in class who asks "doesn't this require the axiom of choice?"

By what scale is that a better theorem and what does that have to do with Gödels Incompleteness theorem?

Geez, you act like science is some kind of competition.

>taking topology class
>feel compelled to autistically note in parentheses every time I use the AoC
I'm not gonna be a dickhead and chime in 6 times a class but if you're going to crutch on your magic wand axiom at least be aware you're doing so.

>DOOD math is so beautiful and deep and shit yo

There's a dickhead in all my classes like this. Tons of people are not taking set theory next semester because he is taking it.

independence of continuum hypothesis in ZFC is the most overrated

if your theorem doesn't actually prove anything then just fuck off

If you think the axiom of choice is a magic wand, wait til you see what the turbo autists have to say about the excluded middle.

Or the axiom of infinity.

The value/elegance of an axiom or theorem does not depend on the people hyping it.

I cannot comprehend a number to the imaginary power.

Multiverse theory. It's practically exactly what philosophers did hundreds of years ago with their "brain in a vat" hypothetical. It just sounds a little more "plausible" coming from the mouth of a physicist because they can attribute it to some unknown possibilities arising from the theory of the ubiquitous expansion of the universe.

it is doesn't have any intrinsic sense, it is defined as a sine wave

Excluded middle is top tier.

you're like the faggots on /mu/. Overrated doesn't mean bad, it doesn't mean it's less important, and it doesn't mean it's not impactful. it just means overrated which has 0 fucking effect on anything's value unless you're the one selling it.

>sine wave
cos(x)+i sin(x) well ok if you want to call it that

be more specific, you can't comprehend a real number to an imaginary power because imaginary power functions are only defined for imaginary numbers. The reason people get so confused is that high school teachers are all brainlets who just spring it on their class that you can use the exponential function in a way which is different from the way it was originally defined without modifying the definition of a number and the definition of the complex exponential to accommodate the set of complex numbers and how the complex exponential behaves when applied to them.

[math]i^i=e^{-\frac{\pi}{2}}[/math]

>forgetting the i

Nope. They're both there.

It's not "defined" as a sine wave. It's emergent. It shows up when you expand sin(ix) as a Taylor series.

Fuck, you're right, I'm a brainless and sorry for writing this.
Thought there was an i missing in the exponent at first.

Sorry, I was confused. It is the opposite, it appears in the series of e^(ix).