What do STEM Majors think about Business Majors?

What do STEM Majors think about Business Majors?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

we don't

How can anyone get the motivation to study something like business for fucking four long years? Do people lovd money this much?

Everyone hates their boss, user.

engies either respect you or absolutely hate you because you give them shit. I think tech fields view you guys the same way. Some fields in business do require calc for optimization but then there are alot of chads or diversity hires that are there just to fill quotas or have connections.

This. It's for people who crave status and think money makes them happy... and still fail at both in the end.

>do (((people))) love money this much

Have you ever seen Dilbert?

They're not the sharpest tools in the shed but they'll eventually serve a function.

boring and lame

Hey if you ever become successful, hook me up with job plox.

I once met one. He was not a student, he actually graduated like 30 years before I was even born. Shit that man was so cool. He dressed very nicely and brought with himself a team of hot as fuck secretaries when he did business deals. I bet he fucks them. And I heard he has even more girls at the office. He only hires girls by the way. I bet he fucks them all.

He was also really articulate and really good and convincing people in general. Just, what a man. That said, when I imagine the average business major I do not imagine him. I imagine some retard wannabe who wishes to be as cool as that guy but is too much of a sperg and just picked business because "Lol I don't know what to study. Oh well, business is money right?"

someone once told me i should major in business so i could get a good job like manager of an applebees

I associate it with boring office jobs

its the party major. Full of drunk frat bothers

entrepreneurial and want to start my own business which doesn't require degree, but parents want me to go to college and I figure there are networking opportunities: the major

A business undergrad is a waste of time unless you go to a top tier business school for networking purposes; unless you are going there for more technical work like accounting.

>What do STEM Majors think about Business Majors?
i think they're gay ans cute and i wanna fuck their bp's

Chill but not as intelligent. The difference between my business and engineering classes was night and day.

I have a friend who is doing MS in ECE and also doing MBA. He told me that his last MBA class started with learning mean, median, and mode

Im a geology major and my gf is a business major.

Business is for normies who just need a college degree to get a job in whatever standard normie career they want to do, STEM degrees actually apply to their area of expertise.

le elite engineer major XDDD

As an engineer I think they're money obsessed idiots who don't understand that every product or service has a process and quality standard. They think they know better than us on many things.

I study a double in mech engineering and business, believe me a lot of the people doing business are retards whos parents wanted them to go to university so they just picked business, but there are a some cool chill people too

fpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbpfpbp

I was forced to take a business class once. It was essentially a game of Simon says

>Simon Says write X on line Y

No really, how do business students play Simon says for 4 years, does it not get boring, knowing that everything you're learning is a process some person pulled out of thin air and now everyone follows because reasons?

yuss

it doesn't even pay that well though. ~50% of my hs graduating class is a finance fag now, so they can work at daddy's investment group. i almost was but the business requirements are all boring as fuck. i'm an EE now.

Probably because they can become managers of their field. More money.

I misread this at first as a Science major talking about engineers, but it was an engineer talking about business

works both ways i guess

The asian meme hasn't been true since HS. Actually the international asian students are all fucking retarded, they fail every exam then magically pass the class after daddy donates to the school. It's more about immigrant parents setting high standards than it is about race.

They don't fail. Just try and pull your head out of your ass for one second and see that people are different and have different motivations.

Can definitely relate to that "Done"/"To Do" pile
I don't know how anyone could keep up with this fucking workload.

THIS.

I even dream of money last night.
Im an engineer tho ;_;

thanks for paying for our lab equipment!

My Stats major is in the School of Business so where do I lie with you guys?

>people flocking to le smart asian
>not asians flocking to le smart white man

author confirmed not an engineer

>knowing that everything you're learning is a process some person pulled out of thin air and now everyone follows because reasons?

This is something I never understood eithe, but isn't this basically the same with computer science?

only if you confuse CS with codemonkeying

Idiots throwing away their life to look at spreadsheets all day so they can get more shekels.

No I actually mean the entire concept of "computers". This isn't something natural, it is man made.

well now you are confusing CS with CompE. And for the record, computers are not natural but they are designed in specific ways for good reasons, not arbitrary shit like how business works

You mad wh*te boi?

I'm OP. Just to clarify, I made the thread because I'm a freshman Business Major at my university. The campus that most of my classes are on is where the university's STEM and Business schools are. I've always felt inferior to other people, especially in intelligence, but it's worse having to be around smart STEM Majors all of the time.

at least you have some self awareness. most business guys are deluded

There are areas in business administration (finance, management accounting, marketing) where a few universities get comparativeley mathematical (the top ones with low admission rates and yet high dropout rates). The same is true for economics (e.g. micro based macroeconomics). Some of these people could probably also make it in physics or math (think John Nash for example). That being said, the majority of business universities don’t teach shit in a mathematical way and there are also fields like management, governance, human resources where you typically don‘t apply much math.

On the other hand, you can also have a CS defree from a shitty university and you won‘t know shit about calculus or statistics.

Approaching 0 from what side? Was this written by a business major? Why did they stylise lim? Why is combinatorics involved?
>who did this

>negative gpa

fpbp

I'm half a year away from a bachelors degree in economics and administration right now, it's literally the most boring and uninteresting thing I've ever done. Might start a CS degree this fall but I'm not 100% sure yet.

It really doesnt and I am saying it as a math phd (300k starting).

Computers have physical limitations so they aren't exclusively tied to rich people's needs.

On the good side, I see business majors as people-savvy and good at analysis + decision making. On the bad, I see them as arrogant, clueless, and having nothing better to do in college.

>mfw I'm majoring in mechanical engineering and minoring in entrepreneurship
I'm playing the long game here.

>I'm majoring in mechanical engineering and minoring in entrepreneurship

Why not just Industrial engineering? It is literally a mixture of business and mechanical engineering. Since IE and ME share a lot of classes (Bachelors take 5 years here) i've both degrees. Shit is cash.

> people pay $150,000 for this
>used to be a legitimate terminal degree

Computer Science does have the "this is how we do it, because that's how those before us did it" problem but not nearly as bad. Maybe one tenth the frequency. And if you don't like it, make your own. Computers are accessible.

I'm not going to look at MBAs the same.

This. I have a finance degree and the math was a joke. Trying to become an actuary now. I feel cheated.

I got the degree because I knew I was guaranteed to more money and I knew I could juggle the degree and work. I was working at least 30 hours a week since i started school and I was broke. I fucking hated it. I was able to get a good job because of this though.

Off topic but I work with people with advanced degrees and a few from really prestigious schools and they do the same stupid shit just like everyone else. They are just really knowledgeable on a few topics. Some are socially retarded. Don't put these people on a pedestal.

Philosophy major here and I will readily admit that it's a bunch of bullshit

But it's not a totally useless degree

It's a difficult degree, it takes a lot of intelligence to get good marks in it (look at studies, philosophy majors have some of the highest IQs and highest mathematical & verbal aptitudes), and thus it is valued because it proves you're a smart motherfucker

Computation is a very natural thing

You can study theoretical models of computing independently of actual computers.

Businessfag here. It is a shitty life, I can tell you that much. Aside from a few stats and Econ courses none of the classes are intellectually stimulating. I am in my senior year and basically don't go to class anymore out of sheer lack of motivation. Every day I ask myself why I didn't study math, since pretty much everything I've learned here could've been learned in 1 month after completing a mathematical degree. Because I'm a yurofag I decided this year to study physics so I'm taking 4 classes per semester. Honestly I think I would have killed myself if I hadn't registered for my second uni. I might even finish it if I like it enough. Wish me luck, anons. Life sucks as of now.

Losers who make less money than me and don't know anything useful

Managers of their field? What is their field? Managing?

No serious company employs business majors as managers. My manager for instance was a software engineer for years that's why he's a good manager, he understands the process

...No?

They are mathematical processes with stringent proofs of correctness and time complexity, not just random guesswork

Learn about Turing Equivalence

That's my secondary plan if the Mechanical Engineering department is full (which it usually is).

>Comes out of uni with no real world skills
>I-it's okay everybody knows I'm smart r-right?

What skills can you put on your CV that most STEM graduates don't also have?

>Major in Arts
>you will be homeless starving brainlet
>Major in science
lol you need PhD and high IQ or be a homeless starving brainlet
>Finally decide on business
It's a degree for people who don't know what they want in life

STOP MAKING LIFE HARDER ON ME I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY

>taking Veeky Forums's word as gospel
Not gonna make it

Here's a lesson that my uncle taught me. "Once you stop giving a damn about what everyone else thinks, only then will you be successful in what you do."

Do what makes you happy and quit telling yourself that you have to suck everyone's dick to earn their approval. If you focus on the things you like, and earn a dignified and satisfying living, you will gain the respect of others through example and excellence.

Not to say listening to advice is bad, but just remember that you make the final call when it comes to your life.

Thanks man, destroying another people motivation should be a crime really.

What Veeky Forums is trying to tell you is that if you don't pick majors with career opportunities, you're going to end up fucking yourself over. Not only that, they also want you to be a well-informed citizen in many of the mechanic, scientific, and computational arts, which modern society demonstrates a lack of. Of course the memes overblow the downsides of not doing as Veeky Forums says, but they're not totally wrong.

I say its a very good idea to take the recommendations produced by this theoretical musket assembly post-it note placard, but don't fall for their stupid memes where they tell you that you can't do this or that.

If you study thoroughly, broaden your horizons, and develop an appreciation for the applied and hard sciences, you'll do fine.

They were fooled into believing that majoring in business would turn them into businessmen

If there was a slave major, the business majors are the ones who would major in it. They already have.

>isn't this basically the same with computer science?
What the fuck are you on? Computer science is based on mathematics, formulas and algorithms, how is any of that similar to "hey, heard toyota put on a new layout on their factory and they are selling like shit! let's copy that"?

I respect their drive but I couldn't do it

My wife is a business major and her salary has just reached mine. I'm a blue collar wageslave and make more than most business majors. The only business shit worth doing is going into accounting, everything else is data entry slave labor.

Switch to STEM, you still have plenty of time. It's so much more fun and rewarding than business will ever be if you're dedicated.

There's pasta here.

But yeah, if you can "durr good at business", why waste time and money on schooling for it? Everyone here must be aware that thr business major is now super devalued and worthless without an MBA, which is what u need for middle management.

Anyone who majors solely in business is stupid. You find a profession that interests you and find a business focus that interests you and double major. They should compliment each other. Business is a very easy subject and even the graduate level business courses only use math that a computer science major or engineering major etc. will already know.

IT and Networking are memorizing terms and locations of things in a system that are not about any natural laws.

I see you point on computer science.
The languages that people use are created and kept standard for computer scientists, computer languages mirror mathematical notation.

business majors are just people who weren't smart enough to be stem majors

So you have access to a billion dollar fab?

>Sanity is just a social construct to oppress the proletariat!
>Reason is just a social construct to oppress the proletariat!
>Who controls the facts; the system! Who created the system, fucking Straight White Able-bodied Educated Christian English-speaking Capitalist Meritocratic Democratic Cis-gendered Men!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PhD in Philosophy plz

This 110%
t. helluva engineer

Formal schooling has always been good at that.

There is also Applied Philosophy.

why would they chose a dead-end meme degree instead of busness?
not everyone is as autistic as you

This image is stupid on so many levels and I feel stupider for trying to make sense of it.

Economics major here
>tfw business retards see you as a STEM nerd and STEM nerds see you as a business retard

of course it's natural
the universe is infinite
i am a little flesh ape
we are all natural dude

When you understand something, the bits of knowledge are like cherryblossom buds at the ends of tree branches.

To memorize is to create recognition.

To learn is to create understanding.

It's literally what's being taught in social justice courses. Go educate yourself.

/thread

Intersections. What's with the intersections? WHY ARE THEY INTERSECTING.

Analytical philosophy requires high IQ. It's Continental philosophy that gives philosophy a bad name.

>tfw find business more fun than STEM
I'm majoring in Mechanical and doing a business minor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersectionality

Do you even Marxist-feminist critical theory?