CS is a meme, why don't you become a doctor like m-

>CS is a meme, why don't you become a doctor like m-

Other urls found in this thread:

nyti.ms/2iOmyGZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So, are you going to post sources on what these researchers thought counts as a "Computer Science job" or are you going to just expect us to say "Good job OP, come on let me suck your dick. You are such a great poster.". Because if you ask me, these graphs are always designed to attract retards like you. They count CS jobs as basically anything programming related but then they forget to mention that programming jobs are just as likely to be occupied by people with degrees in engineering, mathematics, physics, any STEM for that matter, and even people without degrees at all.

So yeah, your graph basically means nothing.

>spend 10 years training to become a doctor
>work as IT support
wow me btfo

But... no one has mentioned doctors. Are you okay buddy? You mentally stable? Did a premed steal your crush?

I'm fairly sure OP did

Not in his graph.

I'm getting my PharmD
It's literally impossible to find a job in any metropolitan area

why are people so obsessed with shit like this? you only need ONE job

Doctors are basically a cartel, residencies only allow in so many every year. They're being undercut a lot by nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Doctors belong to the strongest labor union known to man.

I'd fucking shoot myself if my entire life consisted of tapping keys in front of a monitor.

because for them, the average outcome is important since they're average brainlets. I knew, yet didn't care about the job prospects of someone with a Phd in physics because I was confident I could easily beat out most of my dumbass colleagues so I still went for it and still got a good job. I didn't account for how boring it could be though...

> 1k difference between CS supply and demand
Those numbers totally weren't doctored

>I didn't account for how boring it could be though...

Are you saying theoretical physics isn't fun or that your job isn't fun?

>does not include healthcare occupations

now look at those pink bars and replace job openings with 'likelihood of being fully automated within the next 20 years'. really activates the ol' almonds doesn't it

>theoretical physics
come on, I was at least smart enough to take the experimental physics route

and i'm saying a physics job isn't fun, mostly. The vast majority of the time you're just taking notes, setting up experiments, or crunching numbers. I doubt I would have enjoyed the academic route any more.

>at least smart enough

Yeah, I don't know that feeling. I majored in philosophy because I decided back in college that I couldn't be bothered to study math and physics. Today, I ironically study math and physics in my free time and I've realized the closest I'm ever going to get to a decent job in this market is knocking it out of the fucking park in philosophy of science. I'm confident in my abilities (I think).

Everyone please continue to bitch out when someone suggests working with radioactive elements.

I'm dumb as hell but because I think dying via radiation poisoning would be cool my skillset actually has higher demand than supply and I'm basically guaranteed a job.

theoretical physics is way more fun than experimental. math >>>>>>>>>> fucking lab reports

Real talk how long before the CS employment bubble bursts?

>strongest labour union
>yet still get flooded with pajeets and changs from asia
Not even construction workers unions get this cucked.

Singularity. So 2029.

Stop posting

>*does not include health care occupations

useful chart

source on this?

That's not based on data.

>*does not include health care occupations

nyti.ms/2iOmyGZ

I too can make arbitrary colored lines.

>tfw you listened to /sci and fell for the cs isn't real stem meme

It doesn't claim or imply to be. It's an abstraction, you mong.

>this is what global warming supporters actually believe

CS isn't a meme I make more money than anyone in this thread