Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Money is advanced bartering.

everything doesn't cost money, i think the question you meant to ask is

>Why does everything I want cost money?

probably because you live in a place where there is a lot of commerce

Because people has guns so you can't steal from them

value is a social construct therefore not scientific. SAGED.

abstracted bartering

Because it's the perfect incentive for things to even get produced in the first place.

Because people don't do shit for free.

humans have been socialized beyond the ability to determine relative exchange and remember credit accountability of those they trade with

primitive peoples just remember balance sheets and ostracize you if you become a cheat, arab peoples use a mixed version (money and credit)version of this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawala

because nothing is for free boy

Fisrt of all what is money?
Imagine a world without money, you would buy things with other things, for example buy 10 tomatoes with 10 apples. Money just makes it simple.
If you wanna read some shiet and talk with me about the current unfair state of money Im here to listen.

Better than living under anarchy user.

Money is stored value.

For the moral case of "why money?" you should read some Ayn Rand. Atlas Shrugged has a monologue on the subject.

Money is medium for exchanging resources or labor.

Anything that uses something of value or someone's time will probably cost money.

money can be exchanged for goods and services

money = trust

that's why bits work just as well as paper & metal

has nobody taken an economics class? brainlets.

money is a representation of scarcity. more scarce goods have a greater monetary value.

of course this means if you remove scarcity money becomes obsolete CAPITALISM BTFO

>money is a representation of scarcity
I have a one of a kind pasta drawing on my fridge that disproves this.
You can't have value without demand.

>too much of an idiot to realize you can scientifically evaluate social constructs
bumped

>has nobody taken an economics class? brainlets.
Kek, you think economics is a major for smart people. Precious.
Unlike you, I actually understand how the economy works. Money doesn't represent scarcity. Scarcity represents money. As diamonds become more expensive, people want them more, causing them to become more scarce.

Your drawing isn't scarce. 100% of people who want to have such a drawing already have it.

to keep it out of the hands of lowlifes

>everything doesn't cost money
Not yet. Bottled air when?

>Your drawing isn't scarce. 100% of people who want to have such a drawing already have it.
I can assure you that nobody but me has my drawing. How come Picasso paintings are worth so much If you can just print them out on a poster?

>What is scuba?
Bottled air right now.

Bill for rainwater when?

>remove scarcity
lol

There will always be an equal and opposite reaction.
You have to give something of equal value back in a trade, as is the case with all transformations.

Because the reflection of increasing your producers bank account balance makes both parties satisfied with the transfer of ownership and service provided.

Money is a symbol of prestige. Everyone wants prestige, so that makes money valuable. Since it's valuable, you can trade it for other things.
Much of prestige is really just bullshit. That's why much of economics is really just bullshit.
There, now you know everything there is to know about basic economics. The rest is built entirely on this foundation.

Because money is persuasion, which is the ultimately purpose of currency. Which in turn, currency is backed by trust, everything, even if its backed by gold, people still have to trust that gold is precious.

Go to Veeky Forums commie teenager

Okay, I'm a computer programmer. What are you going to give me to write a game for you on your phone? Are you going to do a dance for me to entertain me? Are you going to give me strawberries from the back of your garden? What if I don't like your damn strawberries? What if I think you're ugly and I hate the way you dance? What if you have nothing I value enough to trade for my precious time as a programmer? Money is a universally valuable medium of exchange. Give me some money, and I'll give you a program, and I'll use that money in turn to get whatever it is that I find valuable.