Should I go into Nuclear Engineering? Or is it a trap and I wagecuck myself

Should I go into Nuclear Engineering? Or is it a trap and I wagecuck myself.

Bump

There aren't that many nuclear reactors being built these days. My cousin is a nuclear engineer, and while he makes six figures, he has to travel all over the world for work (which is cool when you are 25, not so nice with a family) It's probably be smarter to get a general bachelor's

Op should get a humanities major. The STEM bubble is gonna burst soon. Best he gets a head start with a history or genders studies major.

You'll end up a wagie regardless of the engineering field you choose.

>wagecuck
Literally every degree is wagecucking yourself. You will never get rich working for the man.

If you're smart enough for nuclear engineering you should be smart enough to beat the money game. Give a days thoughtful reflection on how the world actually works. Once you've figured out that it's all just people selling shit to other people then you can devise and execute your plan to take as much money in as short a period of time as possible without incriminating yourself. Should only take you 3 years to become filthy rich and then you can study whatever interests you solely for the joy of seeking knowledge. Good luck user.

Do you want to work as a nuclear engineer? Then don't major in nuclear engineering because there are very few jobs as a nuclear engineer.

Nuclear engineering is glorified mechanical engineering so be prepared to work as a mechanical engineering unless you do graduate school.

Don't listen to anybody here

Even in 20years NEs will make 6-figures

+ you can easily do many kinds of engineering

This. If you're not smart enough to get rich you're not smart enough to be good at what you want were you rich.

Not true. I knew tons of people in nuke who were dumb as shit. Getting a bachelor's degree isn't exactly difficult with enough time put in.

join the navy to be a nuclear reactor operator.

if you manage to pass what is 4 years of nuclear engineering crammed into 2 years. then go out into the fleet and get certified. all without committing suicide. You can leave after 6-10 years and be highly desirable in the nuclear power industry.

Go for gender engineering. By the time youre done its gona be the next 300k starting degree

It's pretty good, most of the jobs are focused on maintenance and operation rather than new builds, but it's a very stable industry and the pay is high because of all the regulation and lack of job supply.

> enough to be good at what you want were you rich.
this is good advice

>wagecuck
Stop using retarded /leftypol/-isms

Dude I have basic in a week then I start power school
How fucked am I?

the real question:
do you want to be a wagecuck with low salary or high salary?

> calling Navy boot camp "basic"
ur fucked m8

You're a little fucked IF you slack. Study a bit every day.

How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time.

*one bite

be a programmer and trap yourself

just do mechanical and see if you can work in a nuke job. if that doesn't work out at least you can get jobs elsewhere