This confounds and enrages an atheist

>this confounds and enrages an atheist

Dump your spiciest faith memes here

>this kills the fedoralord

Do not despair, one of the thieves was saved. Do not presume, one of the thieves was damned.

what did he mean by this?
Love Wins is heresy btw

If you say so my dude.

I implore the mods to delete threads like this

I dont really care my dude

God, these type of cancerous cartoons (on any side) would be so much better if they didn't always have to include the calm, rational character voicing the belief of the cartoonist.

What is this referencing?

CommonFilth. I don't think he does shows anymore though.

remember to report all christian shilling posts or topics

All right, I'll bite.

If the clay pony had a mind and some way of sensing the world around him, he could probably conclude he was made by humans seeing as he'd eventually sense the humans and the clay he was made of and postulate the most likely way he went from clay to horse. Unlike the horse, there is no observable proof for our "Humans".
Unless this comic is trying to posit there is no way for us to observe God and we can't rule him out since he's not observable, but at that point I must ask why should I believe in a thing with no proof?

Also, theists may define God as something without a creator, but why can God exist without a creator but not other things, or why does it have to be God, why can't the universe just exist without a creator?

I don't hate things I don't believe exist. I hate people's lives being wasted on things that I believe don't exist.

I derive my values from contractarianism.

Everything else is just a flat out denial or misinterpretation of science which I won't bother with, since I'm not really qualified to argue such things.

>at that point I must ask why should I believe in a thing with no proof?
LMAO you dun goofed there m8

Care to elaborate?

Veeky Forums has been without moderation for the bulk of its existence.

>If the clay pony had a mind and some way of sensing the world around him, he could probably conclude he was made by humans seeing as he'd eventually sense the humans and the clay he was made of and postulate the most likely way he went from clay to horse.

you're completely missing the broader point about modes of being. God is above and beyond us, just as we are above and beyond the clay pony

>you think he uses this argument

I don't think that was intended to be an argument.

It's not that complicated

Why believe in something which is "above and beyond?"

because you can see things which are 'beneath and below'

non-rational beings, inanimate beings, the second dimension, the first dimension

our worlds still interact.

But why then must a 7th dimensional being be a creator deity? I don't disagree with what you said in principle but you could just as easily use that line of thought to support the existence of fairies or whatever

I really can't reduce the complexities of Christian theology into a Veeky Forums shitpost, so I exhort you to engage with the tomes of serious theologians, such as Augustine, and give serious thought to their writings rather than dismissing them out of hand. If you have a reasonable familiarity with Plato and the Bible, the experience should be incredibly rewarding.

There truly is no better epistemological or metaphysical system than that of the New Testament. Much of it is couched in the language, but is plain enough to apprehend once it is illuminated for you.

Meno, Timaeus, Genesis, and the Gospel of John should be all the foundation you need to approach City of God. Feel free to skip ahead from Book II to Book IX, because Books III-VIII are all refutations of Roman Civic Theology. Some of it is referenced later but if you have a copy with good footnotes it should direct you back as necessary.