Any good books on birds?

Any good books on birds?

I like them a lot.

I don't like them, but am interested in evolutionary biology. If that is your thing look up Tim Low "Where song began".

To Kill a Mockingbird

Birds are based

pal i like you a lot

check out the peregrine by ja baker

my diary tbqh

That looks really great, thanks!

Why don't you like them?

My brother died of bird flu

That's caused by factory farming mostly though, it only happens when people bully birds.

Not the bird's fault.

I was not , it is just that I can't stand birders. Stupid reason I know, but it happens regardless.

The Peregrine by J.A. Baker

By the way, goodreads recommended me "The genius of birds", maybe something for you?

yeah, this is exactly what youre looking for op

This x 100. Everything Baker wrote.

Birds are not that important.

The wind-shred banner of the autumn light spanned the green headland between the two estuaries. The east wind drove drenching grey and silver showers through the frozen cider sky. Birds rose from ploughland as a merlin flew above them, small and brown and swift, lifting dark against the sky, dipping and swerving down along the furrows. All brown or stubbled fields shivered and glittered with larks: all green were pied with plover. Quiet lanes brindled with drifting leaves.
---
To be recognised and accepted by a peregrine you must wear the same clothes, travel by the same way, perform actions in the same order. Like all birds, it fears the unpredictable. Enter and leave the same fields at the same time each day, soothe the hawk from its wildness by a ritual of behaviour as invariable as its own. Hood the glare of the eyes, hide the white tremor of the hands, shade the stark reflecting face, assume the stillness of a tree. A peregrine fears nothing he can see clearly and far off. Approach him across open ground with a steady unfaltering movement. Let your shape grow in size but do not alter its outline. Never hide yourself unless concealment is complete. Be alone. Shun the furtive oddity of man, cringe from the hostile eyes of farms. Learn to fear. To share fear is the greatest bond of all. The hunter must become the thing he hunts. What is, is now, must have the quivering intensity of an arrow thudding into a tree. Yesterday is dim and monochrome. A week ago you were not born. Persist, endure, follow, watch.

>Robert Macfarlane deemed it to be "a masterpiece of twentieth-century non-fiction" in his introduction to the New York Review Books edition of the book.[1] On the back jacket cover of the same edition, James Dickey states that the book "transcends any 'nature writing' of our time," while Barry Lopez declares the book to be "one of the most beautifully written, carefully observed and evocative wildlife accounts I have ever read." Werner Herzog called it the "one book I would ask you to read if you want to make films,"[2] and said elsewhere "... it has prose of the caliber that we have not seen since Joseph Conrad."[3]

This is some serious bird lit it seems.

Looks interesting, thank you. I like the New Caledonian crow, they are very good at tool making.

I disagree desu

shut up bird niggas

A Kestrel For A Knave

But get ready to feel feels

>Oy, keep your voice down, mate, I think I heard a bird over there making a racket. Psshh. There he is, in the bushes, it's The Peregrine by J.A. Baker.

Wheew. Nerves of steel this guy.

SKYLARK

Try pic related.

Also:

>The Peregrine

A work of sublime poetic prose

A Personal Matter by Kenzaburo Oe

birds are the most beautiful creatures. they give me hope.

non-fiction:
gill's ornithology
the sibley guide to bird life
both of these are highly readable
cornell's textbook is more technical

fiction:
reads like a blog post

>trip can be interpreted as a play on bluewaterwhitedeath
>interest in ornithology
>usage of "pal"

Hey, didn't know Jonathan Meiburg browsed this place! Love your lyricism, Mangum pales in comparison.

Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung

Fuglane

Did you go to bird school which is for birds?

rude

Meh. He condensed several years into one year and might have misidentified a bird behaving in an un Peregrine like way. It's still beautifully written and well over 90% accurate

Kill all cats.

birds are assholes

The original James Bond was an expert on birds. His Birds of The West Indies is the definitive guide to the region.

This.

Crow country by Mike cocker
H is for hawk
Kestrel for a knave

i, too, like birds