What has this hack done or any other posmo shitlord done that wasn't done by Joyce before?

What has this hack done or any other posmo shitlord done that wasn't done by Joyce before?

he put a funny name man down toilet in a book of serious literature

if you dont understand the meaning of that, then im sorry

he was a man who sat down at the typewriter one day and asked himself 'where is the character in my novel going to go today?'

normal literature writers might have said 'to the old shoppe' or 'to the castle to pay tribute to the king.'

but not this guy.

this guy said, 'today, my character is going straight down the freeekin toilet.'

his wife probably heard him say it and was like 'what did you say?' her voice shaking and he probably whipped around in his chair and said it again. 'no!' his wife shouted. 'no! you cant do this! its serious literature! you cant have a man go down the toilet in literature!' t

hats when pynchon shouted at the heavens 'im doin it!!'

overflowing with the ecstasy of liberation, he whipped back around and started to type madly like a man possessed.

>a book of serious literature
Surely you don't mean Gravity's Rainbow

Also in what universe is Ulysses or Finnegans Wake "serious literature"?

in... this one...

They're two of the goofiest fucking books ever and he knew it.

That doesnt mean they are not serious literature

That's exactly what it means.

Just because Zazie in the Metro or Airplane! are goofy as fuck doesn't mean they're not great.

wow that's an old pic!

you guys are a riot

you know, i have it on good authority that this guy is currently playing the legend of zelda: breath of the wild. about 13 hours in. although he doesnt think it's quite as good as the true best zelda of all time, majora's mask.

happy reading

joyce never wrote an airborne piethrowing fight to a soundtrack of limericks about fucking rockets

pynchon wins

>Also in what universe is Ulysses or Finnegans Wake "serious literature"?

In a non-pleb one

Agreed Thomas, Majoras Mask is the best.

I think he was playing counter strike 1.6 yesterday...

user's western canon: ulysses is not in it. what's in it? anime?

MM was very kafkaesque

>Joyce existed so everyone else should stop writing

posted on Veeky Forums

Sage ya mommas ass niqqa
Dubbba dubs confirm

He's much more in-depth about psychological theories and science. (ie Pavlovian shit, mathematical theorems).
And he uses stream-of-consciousness in a context that calls for it, rather than somewhat arbitrarily.

yeah he fucking wrecked me while mic spamming toilet sounds

Hey Tommy, love your work. Don't die yet.

oh, man, if only..

The man, the myth, the legend!

my boss caught me reading GR at one of the pedo parts and i was nearly fired. Thanks Tommy

>ywn shitpost with pynchon

joyce btfo

wtf I love Pynchon now!?

I don't know any math, will I ever understand what Pynchon mean't with Gravity's Rainbow?

how the fuck is pynchon similar to joyce other than episode 8 of ulysses
ffs

i mean, this shouldnt be that hard man, assuming you'e read both...
Long, disjointed, avante-garde and almost encyclopedic novels of particular moments in a country's history.

yeah but stylistically the only similarity is episode 8 of ulysses
i would argue that taipei by tao lin is stylistically similar to pynchon
joyce is closer to celine than pynchon, stylistically
got to pay attention to the writing itself, yo
joyce is much more obfuscatory and disjointed than pynchon
we doesn't anyone ever throw dfw into this comparison?
because i don't see the similarity other than episode 8 of ulysses
joyce is much more poetic, and much greater
and if we're talking long, disjointed, avante-garde historical novels, throw lee henderson in there too why don't ya

and why are there never any comparisons between joyce and his true post-modern counter-part, brian o'nolan, who even featured him as a character in a novel?

I think you're probably right but at the same time, Pynchon and Joyce are just really popular, part of the meme trilogy with Wallace.
Infinite jest is definitely a straight re-interpretation of ulysses though.

yeah true valid
ulysses is everything, it's probably the greatest novel of all time
uhm desu i tried to read infinite jest when i was 16 but only made it a few hundred pages in
one of these days i'll give it another go

ITS THE PYNCHMEISTER

Stop sucking Joyce's dick