Hey Veeky Forums, why does youtube hate science education?

Hey Veeky Forums, why does youtube hate science education?

youtube.com/watch?v=aXT5T9MH7cI

I report every singe one of his videos for various reasons and give detailed description.
That guy only has high school diploma and is not an academic citizen although he presents him as such.
Hillbilly jokes like "haha cowpies" are also not helping.

Okay, mentally ill person.

Nice assumptions there,that doesn't change the fact that his channel will continue to receive strikes and I will be sure to do my part.

how much of a loser do you have to be to do this?

Are you triggered about him debunking flat earth theory? or why are you so mad?

Can you stop me?
Youtube is now run by bots,I can report him as much as I want with to consequence to me and all the consequence to him.
I will ruin his channel and you cant to anything about it.
nah i just really don't like the guy.

So, despite your hatred for Cody, you still donate to his patreon?

And how did you came to that conclusion exactly?

>microwaving fruit flies
Isn't that kind of psychopathic?

because the video he received the strike on was a video meant for donors

"""""science""""" """"""education""""""
they're throwing around some toys and such and pretending to know what's happening, at best

lol no
AvE posted his video begging for youtube mercy.

pictures hahah :D

He's big enough that his channel will be safegarded as soon as enough uproar is generated.

3 strikes rule no matter how big is the channel.
This was his second if he receives third it is over for him.

he was doing it to demonstrate that the microwave wouldn't harm them. Which it didn't.

Meant to reply to

>being this dense
Big channels are the main source of revenue for youtube
the head jews are not going to allow a bunch of social justice cultists fuck them out of thousands of dollars, and thus they will make the big channels exempt from receiving strikes

he also microwaved a grasshopper and exploded it

>being this naive
keep thinking that bud,I cant wait for another thread where you cry about his channel being closed.

That's extremely petty, user.

Why? What did he ever do wrong? all he does in his videos is cool shit that really anyone could do if they wanted. He's a nice dude with a good attitude and a neat channel.

Why the hate for codybro?

He's not OP you idiot. I'm OP. Why the fuck would I report Cody's videos?

Also, other youtubers linked to the video I put in the OP.

Good, fuck grasshoppers.

To be quite honest I support this sentiment. I really don't think people with no academic credentials should be allowed to talk about science or math. In my opinion, anything less than a PhD and it should be illegal to make science videos.

I know this sounds mean because maybe the guy is good but let us never forget that Bill Nye was also a good guy. I think the problem is that people with no academic reputation to protect have no incentive to tell the truth. They will call any sensationalist garbage "science" to make money. Leave science to the experts.

>"the earth is round"
>OY, WHERE IS YOUR PHD?!? TO THE GULAGS WITH YOU!

>"hey guys, check out what happens when I mix water into this corn starch"
>NO PHD??? FIRING SQUAD.

Yeah, great plan nutjob.

>What did he ever do wrong?

He's not a college graduate like I am so he has no place to talk about science. He has no authority, he's just some stupid faggot white ass /pol/tard that nobody has ever liked. Don't defend him.

To be fair, if a lay person with no knowledge of physics tells you the earth is round that is no more believable than some flat earther.

Think about this. Imagine if today vsauce made a video claiming the earth is flat and vaccines cause super canceraids. Many kids would buy it, but never forget that Michael only has a degree in english grammar. He has no incentive to tell the truth in his videos, as he only cares about views. We are very lucky he still has not lied for views.

>stupid faggot white ass /pol/tard
And here we get to the root of the matter. Cody isn't political, and has stated he believes the holocaust happened. Yet you call him a "stupid faggot white ass /pol/tard".

The truth is you're upset because he's a white man. If he were in your academic institution, you'd try to sabotage him every chance you got. But he isn't, so you lash out in other ways. It really burns you that a white man is happy.

>someone doesnt have a fancy peice of paper from *INSERT DEGREE MILL* so he must be stupid.
Wew lad. People can't educate themselves now? Is it bad to be interested in neat shit while not having a science degree?

And how is he related to /pol/ at all? He isnt a lunatic nor racist.

If the layman could prove it with replicable experiments his claims would be totally valid.

>somebody could lie, therefore we must outlaw speech
Okay comrade, whatever you say.

Are you both out of your mind? Of all the retards doing pop 'science' on youtube with facts half wrong, you decide to pick on some nerd who does shit for fun and records it in great detail?
I seriously don't understand the process in one's head that's needed for such dislike.

See: >"stupid faggot white ass /pol/tard"

His haters are politically motivated wingnuts.

But he can't. That is why he is a layman, retard.

No. People with credentials can still make videos. For example, under my rule veritasium would still be allowed to make science videos. And Numberphile and Mathologer could still do math videos.

It is a really good plan.

Veritasium guy is an insufferable autist with no social skills. He makes everyone he interacts with cringe. VERY bad for the public perception of academia.

>HE DOESNT HAVE A PEICE OF PAPER THAT HE PAID 50K FOR SO HE CANT TALK ABOUT RANDOM SHIT ON YOUTUBE AND TRY AND EDUCATE HIMSELF.
Fuck off morons. Honestly you fucks are worse than the "sciency" channels that get half of what they talk about wrong.
Your posts are one of the dumbest things i've read on this board, and that includes the flat earth posts.

>He's not a college graduate like I am so he has no place to talk about science.
This is a curious form of ultra jealousy.
>someone entertains people using knowledge I learned in college without sitting through it like I did reeeeeeeeeeee
get a life

I love when he interviews people who actually know their shit and they end up doing that half-grin inner cringe when he says something moronic about the subject they study

You know, I will assume you are native from this board and not a fetus aborted from /pol/. This board could literally not shut up about how horrible Bill Nye's new show was. And after all that, you still do not recognize the dangers of allowing non-experts to talk with authority on the internet?

YOU ARE CRAZY

Exactly this.
That newton guy talking about "gravity" and magical shit needs to be stopped. He has no idea what he is talking about when he goes on and on about his "laws of motion".
Calculus isnt even a real thing. Its just a bad meme. If he doesnt have a phd in religion, he shouldnt be allowed to talk

>inb4 "no no! thats different and unique! dont compair! dont criticize me!"

>cody says facts and does neat science experiments
>nye equates feeling with scientific facts and lies about science
>these are somehow the same

But Newton was qualified in science you utter moron. All you can do at this point is strawman.

I am not saying Cody has done anything wrong. I am saying that with his unearned authority he has the possibility to do a lot of harm. If he ever needed money and went the Bill Nye route to get some easy cash then that shit would do a lot of harm to science.

One Bill Nye is enough man.

>harm
>science
like anything could fuck with science

>the dangers of allowing non-experts to talk
It's like you have never read a single piece of literature that warns about the dangers of trusting "experts".

Yes. Misinformation can harm science. At the top with the experts, misinformation almost never spreads because everyone is wary and critical of everyone's else's work.

But at the bottom, where the plebs like you are, misinformation spreads like wildfire because you are retarded. Ever heard of "fake news"? Exactly. Today, because of Bill Nye's greed, there are people who really believe there are infinitely many genders. That is harmful! Misinformation can destroy societies.

That does not affect hard sciences like math, physics and chemistry. Because we have numbers to back up our words. And we have research reproducibility of back up our numbers. And if we are all experts then we can all falsify everyone else's experiments and find who is lying.

But when people go to the plebs like you, you have 0 critical thinking. I bet you don't even know why the earth is round. You have 0 knowledge.

I paid for my degree and I spent the hours learning it. He didn't. What does he have? Nothing. I'm better by default, and my college degree is proof of it.

That's the only thing that matters in this world, he's just not college educated and thus totally irrelevant to larger society. He's from a minority of stupid uneducated people that are dying off while the rest of society progresses on. Why would anyone want to listen to someone without a college degree especially on a topic that literally requires one to have any sort of respectable employment. It's lunacy and YT shouldn't allow it, especially when people like him promote pseudoscience and anti-intellectualism.

Someone has to protect Academic Integrity, and that is only done by excluding those who reject Academia from normal society. There is no reason for them to shit up the public common the rest of us use.

what matters is the results you nigger.

This thread is the weirdest thing I've seen on the internet. How can anyone criticize Cody? He does experiments and states his observations. I've never known him to lie. Nor do I think he ever will, he's to principled. At least not knowingly or on purpose. But I think he is aware of this and is cautious of talking about things he hasn't done enough research on - I don't think he's incompetent enough to lie even by accident, and if he did, it would be a rare occasion and he'd correct it as soon as possible.

>n-word
Glad to know this is the kind of people that support Cody.

I am so sorry I am reporting the videos of your Fuhrer. Please forgive me :(

>Newton was qualified in science
I have a better idea, I think we should just ban retards like you from speaking.

The results only matter if it's from a reputable source. I'm not going to believe something someone says until I know who they are, who they work for and what their credentials are. There is no reason to EVER take science advice from someone without a degree in science. It's like taking car advice from someone who doesn't have a mechanical engineering degree, or family planning advice from someone without a family psychology degree.

It all comes down to authority, and in science Academia's word is supreme. No academic credentials, no say. This is done to prevent the stupid /pol/tard masses from destroying everything with their /x/ tier bullshit. It's also why France has more science innovation than USA, because we don't allow our political system to be hijacked by jerks.

>ITT: an user with a superiority complex is terrified at the fact that some faggot from texas is smarter than him without having to put in as much effort. Tries his darndest to shut the guy up.
wew

/thread

No it's not harmful to science because it isn't science. Nye is a retard and a money hungry prick, but the only way he could actuay hurt science is by saying factually incorrect scientific facts. Ease your butthurt.
>someone chose a different path in life than me. THEY MUST BE RETARDED AND HAVE NO CLUE.
This is delusional. You are not better than him because you wasted your time and money getting an irrelevant peice of paper to claim you are educated.
Please name two things cody has gotten incorrect or even an actual reason he has done harm to actual science.
>literal argument to authority
>France has more science innovation than the USA.
this must be trolling. It is factually incorrect. You could possibly claim that per capita they have may have more award winners in some areas at most.

You are very naïve user. The revenue source is the companies who pay for the adds, not the channels. After the addapocalipse yt will do everything to keep content deemed contraversial.

>Nye is a retard and a money hungry prick, but the only way he could actuay hurt science is by saying factually incorrect scientific facts. Ease your butthurt.

Are you saying that when he said gender is on a spectrum, that was not factually wrong? Wew lad. So this is the intellectual level of Cody's fans.

holy shit you dense fuck. Youtube isnt just one big page of ads. They put ads next to content and that content draws in people to the site and thus indirectly to the ads.
Way to be a pedantic twat. What he said was correct.

If this is how you feel then why not just message cody and tell him how you feel.
Talk it out instead of being such a fag and trying to shut him up.

It has nothing to do with science at all. It's not correct nor incorrect. It isnt something that is scientifically provable.

This desu senpai

>It isnt something that is scientifically provable.

But genders exist. Male and female. Are you saying that it is not provable that there only two genders?

>Why would anyone want to listen to someone without a college degree especially on a topic that literally requires one to have any sort of respectable employment.
see politics

Gender is how people act. Like men hunting and women forraging. Sex is male/female/someactualintersexpeople

>It's like taking car advice from someone who doesn't have a mechanical engineering degree
I am sure that there are hundreds of regular old dumb car mechanics that could give you car advice 10 times better than some faggot fresh out of college.

Okay. I will stop bullying you now. It is clear thag you retarded yourself into a corner.

But for the record:
This retard claimed science can't study genders.

What did he say that was incorrect at all? Gender is literally how people act. What are you saying that faggy guys dont exist?
KYS superiority complex idiot.

>thatg
>I'm the retarded one.
Fuck off retard. Gender is literally not a scientific area.
You can't respond to me because you are wrong.

>Pointing out typos is this guy's idea of high class debate

Top kek. White people baka.

I'm not a huge fan of Cody, but I've seen a few of his videos and I thought they were pretty neat.

t. person with an M.S. in chemistry

Okay guys you can stop flagging his content now.

>a black ""french"" guy with a college degree gets assblasted because someone is successful and has fun doing it

Codys channel had 5.7M views in the last month
A preroll video is 7.6 cpm according to a quick google search.
That's $43K month for yt, if every video had a preroll (which they don't)
That's nothing for google, especially if the channel produces content that could drive big companies away

>that post totally isnt me too. Stop criticising me!
>Calls others retarded evin wen he mak da spelin erar
Fuck off moron. You can't insult someone's intelligence when making simple grammatical errors.

He said "big channels" not, "just cody's lab". Please read.
The largest .3% of channels on youtube (including Cody's lab) make up almost the entirety of youtubes exposure and ad revinue. What he say was correct.

>thats 6000 a day
>more than i would make in a month
lucky bastard, i would be lying if i said i wan't jealous.

He's a college student. Just because he hasn't graduated yet doesn't mean he's uneducated or rejects Academic Integrity. He's just a kid making videos about whatever cool shit he decides to do. A college kid on youtube making a video where he tries to use basic chemistry to refine metal from ore, or videos about an aquaphonics system is not a threat to academia.

As for cody promoting pseudoscience, the only psuedoscientific things I can recall him ever promoting was falling for the memedrive hype and the Mars One scammers.

>It's like taking car advice from someone who doesn't have a mechanical engineering degree
>the guy who designs machines to make kitchen sink faucets will give you better car advice than a mechanic who works on cars every single day
This must be bait. Nobody could be this stupid.

The dude just really wants to live on Mars. Have you seen his ranch? The climate on Mars would be much better than where he's currently living.

I only let chemical engineers unclog my toilet. When my remote control doesn't work, I call a quantum physicist. When I went to the hospital I didn't let the nurses administer my medication because what the fuck do they know they're not doctors. Are you a retard with a death wish?

Youtube takes a 45% cut of that money

Yes, but still. Losing pepsi or a similar company is a much bigger hit in the long run, than losing a big channel

ok.
5k/day

In reality only a faction of the video views get an ad shown, and only a fraction of the revenue goes to Cody.

But still, good for him.

>55% of 6k is 5k
What?

ok ok fine.
4k/day

No. They already have.

Bill Nye doesn't have a PHD. He's actually an actor.

Also lots of people with PHDs falsify information. In fact, there is more of an incentive for paid researchers to lie because it pays more.

Unpaid people like me do research as a hobby. To be fair, I typically only read what people have done and such. Also, at least in my case, I am an enthusiast. I know people who don't like their job, and thus are less likely to give effort in their work.

>I know this sounds mean because maybe the guy is good but let us never forget that Bill Nye was also a good guy. I think the problem is that people with no academic reputation to protect have no incentive to tell the truth. They will call any sensationalist garbage "science" to make money. Leave science to the experts.
According to most mainstream academics IQ tests don't predict anything and human races dom't exist. mostly because they don't study the relevant fields but are trying to enforce an ideological position.

A lot of the science isn't that hard either, you have a few basic cornerstone experiments with some very basic formulas and from there you can explain quite a few things.

>He's not a college graduate like I am so he has no place to talk about science. He has no authority, he's just some stupid faggot white ass /pol/tard that nobody has ever liked. Don't defend him.
That doesn't matter, college degrees aren't necessarily worth anything. Even the STEM ones. Universities hand-hold you all the way to the exams, you dom't really need to learn much of anything to end up with a degree.

>But Newton was qualified in science you utter moron. All you can do at this point is strawman. He was so qualified, he did a scientific experiment to see how long he could stare at the sun by staring at the sun until he lost his vision for a day. Newton had a degree in natural philosophy, and was an avid alchemist. Nothing he did relied on him having a degree. The physics he developed is true because he made reasonable and justifiable assumptions, and his math was sound with respect to the data he worked with.

Holy shit. Some of you, in this thread, are worse than /pol/tards.
> REEEEeee YOU NEED THE MAGIC PAPER TO TALK ABOUT PHYSICS!

>he has a degree in English grammar
No, he has a degree in English literature. That's very different.

What a fucking toxic world I live in.

>Please name two things cody has gotten incorrect or even an actual reason he has done harm to actual science.

It doesn't matter if he's wrong or right, he doesn't have the basic authority to talk seriously about these issues. He needs to sit down and learn his place. Again it is a matter of Academic Integrity and Honesty, if anyone could just say things without a degree there'd be chaos and no scientific progress. We have standards for a reason. Maybe one snake oil doctor out of ten isn't selling poison, but that doesn't make any snake oil salesmen right.

And again, he has no college degree. People without degrees are totally irrelevant in global affairs, he has no value like all non college educated peoples are. College is the great filter of society, it determines who is management and who is the worker.

I don't know where you live, but my apartment complex is managed by a company who only allows licensed and permitted workers to repair it. I would not allow some random pole to fix my toilet.

Have you ever worked in any sort of serious, real job? The only people who affect anything on this planet have a college degree. No degree, no say. YT is just enforcing what every other country demands from their entertainment industries. qualification. Why should anyone give a voice to the uneducated, when all they are going to say is drivel?

This is the worst thread on sci I've seen in a long time. How could so many people fall for this shitty bait?

Saged, pls stop replying to this guy.

Where the fuck does academic integrity enter into this? How is academia and science threatened by a college kid making videos about how he extracted some metal from ore he dug out of an old mine his family owns? How the hell do videos about his garden hinder scientific progress and spread chaos?

>Youtube takes a 45% cut of that money
They also arbitrarily remove videos ability to make money because of autists like who flag a video about gardening as controversial content because Cody doesn't have a phd in Gardening.

>How is academia and science threatened by a college kid making videos about how he extracted some metal from ore he dug out of an old mine his family owns? How the hell do videos about his garden hinder scientific progress and spread chaos?

Because he is not credentialed and has no idea what he's doing. He is giving bad advice by default, Institutions exist for a reason and he is avoiding them. He is a cancer on Academia's authority, a small voice that sows dissent.